Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 11:36   #9031
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What should be price in the local markets ?

I can refer flipkart, but it is only indicative.
I bought Xperia Arc S for myself at 25K with bill and warranty

Bought Xperia Ray at 17K for wifey in March!

You could also check out HTC One V for 17K. One of my friend bought it last month and it's really good!
Old 11th May 2012, 11:54   #9032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
I bought Xperia Arc S for myself at 25K with bill and warranty

Bought Xperia Ray at 17K for wifey in March!

You could also check out HTC One V for 17K. One of my friend bought it last month and it's really good!
New Xperia Ray @ 12.79K
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i Mobile Android v2.3 | 3G with Wi-Fi + Warranty | eBay

Is it worth trying? The price is too good to believe.
Old 11th May 2012, 12:06   #9033
BHPian

Even though the arc is a fantastic phone.its single core.and too expensive for one
Old 11th May 2012, 13:23   #9034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Even though the arc is a fantastic phone.its single core.and too expensive for one
Yes . Its time for dual core. S3 is talking about quadcore, atleast we should be on dualcore and minimum 768 MB RAM like the sensation.
Old 11th May 2012, 14:07   #9035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer
The phone is in stock condition. Stock ROM.

And actually this problem is pretty common in the defy.googling will tell u more about it. U must be one of the lucky guys who don't have this problem.
Not only his. I am sure other Defy users also not facing this random reboot issue, including mine. The reboot on stock ROM could happen bcoz of some app gone bad, it could also be due very high CPU temp as its summer time.
Can you try to remove the battery & then try again? (Lame solution but still try)
Old 11th May 2012, 14:19   #9036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
New Xperia Ray @ 12.79K
Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i Mobile Android v2.3 | 3G with Wi-Fi + Warranty | eBay

Ray is a great phone provided the price. Between, it was available as low as 11.5k last month or so. Only downside is the smaller screen size at 3.3".
Old 11th May 2012, 14:33   #9037
Senior - BHPian

@esteemer: Actually of late, even my Defy reboots when I use a lot of applications with data (e.g. Browser, Opera, Firefox, Facebook all together).
I am on CM 7.1 (November release) and I think it is time for me to reset the phone or get a new ROM.
Old 11th May 2012, 16:54   #9038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Yes . Its time for dual core. S3 is talking about quadcore, atleast we should be on dualcore and minimum 768 MB RAM like the sensation.
Although it is single core, it is really super fast. I have been using this for about three months now and haven't felt it slow anytime. Thanks to a 1.4GHz processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
I paid 25K for my ARC S and believe it is worth it, given the features.
By stretching the budget a bit more one could buy HTC One X at about 33K (not sure about the price) which is awesome in all areas compared to ARC S!

Quote:
New Xperia Ray @ 12.79K

Is it worth? Depends actually! The warranty that the seller is offering might not be a manufacturer warranty. Check this out before you buy. And if it is, it's a steal at that price!!
Old 11th May 2012, 17:03   #9039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
Is it worth? Depends actually! The warranty that the seller is offering might not be a manufacturer warranty. Check this out before you buy. And if it is, it's a steal at that price!!
You are right. Actually the seller is giving only 6 month dealer warranty. So, that makes it a very risky buy.
Old 11th May 2012, 20:43   #9040
Senior - BHPian

Guys, quick question, do we have any android app which acts as a FM transmitter?
Just like some of the Nokia phones have an app which you can use to transmit songs over radio frequency and one can tune into listen songs.

Note: I have Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'm not sure if it has required hardware to transmit over radio frequency.
Old 12th May 2012, 01:36   #9041
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used touchpal keyboard on Android. It's the most innovative keyboard I've ever used on an Android. Will highly recommend it to anyone. :-)
Old 12th May 2012, 01:55   #9042
BHPian

@sup

I would suggest buying the HTC ONE V over ARC S..Simply because HTC has really improved their hardware and software (sense 4.0) with the one series. I would suggest you try it forst. Its very snappy and is around 15k.
Old 12th May 2012, 01:58   #9043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
HTC phones are really good (premium body, premium materials, premium looks etc). So long they dont have a problem you are a happy customer. That was true for two of my phones - HTC Touch Diamond (3+ years and still good) and HTC Sensation (1year).

But their service is poor no doubt! My third HTC (Radar) was not working out of the box (brand new device) so gave it to service center. They replaced it in about 2 weeks time but the replacement is a refurbished unit. I suspect HTC sent them a new unit but maybe they kept it and gave me an old one instead. Naturally I was not satisfied and gave a very negative feedback to HTC on their site. Somebody called me (from HTC customer service). When I told him the problem he very nonchalantly said: The replacement unit is working so what is the problem!!! Now what can I say
Don't you think it would have been best if you had declined to accept the refurbished set and made a complaint with HTC? In case of LG replacement handset is given by the shop you buy it from and not from the service center. You should of course get a brand new sealed box from the shop. I'v heard of at least one other manufacturer doing the same. Is that not the case with HTC?

Quote:
New Xperia Ray @ 12.79K

Hope you have noted that it comes with dealer warranty only. Further note that they are saying warranty covers only software problems. What rubbish? Further, when I had called couple of sellers I was told that the "sealed" boxes that they advertise are not manufacturer sealed. I did not get a good feeling about this particular seller...

As for the handset, as mentioned the screen size is the main issue. Try it out before buying and see if it works for you. Browsing/reading and texting will be the main issues. Not good for gaming also, as the screen size just does not lend itself to both control and see games properly. See my earlier comments on the Ray in earlier posts, if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Ray is a great phone provided the price. Between, it was available as low as 11.5k last month or so. Only downside is the smaller screen size at 3.3".
Where was it available for such a low price? Warranty type?
Old 12th May 2012, 08:39   #9044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji
Has anyone used touchpal keyboard on Android. It's the most innovative keyboard I've ever used on an Android. Will highly recommend it to anyone. :-)
I have used TouchPal and I love it more than swype keyboard.
Old 12th May 2012, 09:07   #9045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Where was it available for such a low price? Warranty type?
A friend of mine picked it from an eBay seller in Bangalore. It was dealer warranty only I guess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks