Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 21:54   #9166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
With this phone motorola has brought the style and posh looks of the first motorazr flip phone and now its got the performance too which is a bang for the buck.

For camera performance, please goto gsmarena.com and see the review of the phone.

You can try Htc sensation Xe also. See if you like that instead.
Purchase has been deferred for now. I am playing the wait and watch game for now.
I am waiting for the launch of S3 and waiting for the prices of other phones to go south.
Old 18th May 2012, 23:32   #9167
BHPian

Alright, one straight question after lots of discussions. If I go for defy+ in place of One V, will I lose lot of things except for premium looks & UI of One V?
Old 19th May 2012, 00:01   #9168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups
Alright, one straight question after lots of discussions. If I go for defy+ in place of One V, will I lose lot of things except for premium looks & UI of One V?
You will lose out on looks, UI. But not just that you'll lose out on a better camera and also Ice cream sandwich. Seriously if you dont use much of apps only the basic ones.and also not much into customisation and always have a laptop or pc with you then go for the windows phone. It doesnt lag at all. And everything feels seamlessly integrated. If you have tried wp7.5 and not liked it, then suggest you go with One V or sony's Neo V. Both are good phones.
Defy+ is one tough guy but not the latest in OS. So thats a compromise. However its water repellant and also almost indestructible. My friends phone fell out of the auto and got hit by a scooter. Except a few glitches the phone works just fine. But then so does his iPhone4 too, which got run over by an auto resulting in damage to the rear bezel. Thank god he had some cover on it atleast.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:34   #9169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Defy+ is one tough guy but not the latest in OS. So thats a compromise. However its water repellant and also almost indestructible. My friends phone fell out of the auto and got hit by a scooter. Except a few glitches the phone works just fine. But then so does his iPhone4 too, which got run over by an auto resulting in damage to the rear bezel. Thank god he had some cover on it atleast.
Your friend seems to be good in experimenting the toughness of these mobiles eh?

Some years back, My E50, yes Nokia E50, fell 3 floors down my apartment into the neighbors - Split into 3 pieces, Battery, front and rear - Assembled it and voila it worked - I still wonder why I changed from that phone!!

The defy is definitely a tough phone and with custom ICS upgrades available in XDA, one need not feel disappointed at all.
Old 19th May 2012, 09:01   #9170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Purchase has been deferred for now. I am playing the wait and watch game for now.
I am waiting for the launch of S3 and waiting for the prices of other phones to go south.
Team,

Looks like I have to eat my words. 1yr 2 months and my i9003 battery is giving up. I charged to 100% overnight and in the morning I see 54% and it is heating up when charging.

Moto Artix 2 seems to be VFM. Flipkart has it at 21K. I think i can get this in local market at 19K ? It is slated to get ICS upgrade as well.

Please suggest. Need to replace my phone on a immediate basis.

Last edited by F150 : 19th May 2012 at 09:04. Reason: Added info about ICS upgrade
Old 19th May 2012, 09:21   #9171
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Looks like I have to eat my words. 1yr 2 months and my i9003 battery is giving up. I charged to 100% overnight and in the morning I see 54% and it is heating up when charging.

Moto Artix 2 seems to be VFM. Flipkart has it at 21K. I think i can get this in local market at 19K ? It is slated to get ICS upgrade as well.

Please suggest. Need to replace my phone on a immediate basis.
Atrix 2 is a real VFM. Very good battery backup and you can't get a qHD screen at this price The only issue is that you won't find lot of custom ROMs as other Moto phones out there. If you can live with that, there is no better phones at this price range.
Old 19th May 2012, 12:42   #9172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac

Atrix 2 is a real VFM. Very good battery backup and you can't get a qHD screen at this price The only issue is that you won't find lot of custom ROMs as other Moto phones out there. If you can live with that, there is no better phones at this price range.
What should be the street price ?
Old 19th May 2012, 13:52   #9173
BHPian

Quote:
I can't comment as I tried to find one piece in the streets near me, but in vain. Motorola is something which is still untouchable in Kerala I guess You know what, one shopkeeper told me, Motorola company is not producing mobiles now
Old 19th May 2012, 14:18   #9174
BHPian

Quote:
Last time I went to a store here, Atrix 2 was going for Rs 22k. If you could wait for a few days - you should check out Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Flipkart has it on pre-order. Upon its launch I think there should be some price changes.
Old 19th May 2012, 15:12   #9175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Defy+ is one tough guy ... ... However its water repellant and also almost indestructible. My friends phone fell out of the auto and got hit by a scooter. Except a few glitches the phone works just fine. But then so does his iPhone4 too, which got run over by an auto resulting in damage to the rear bezel. Thank god he had some cover on it atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Your friend seems to be good in experimenting the toughness of these mobiles eh?

Some years back, My E50, yes Nokia E50, fell 3 floors down my apartment into the neighbors - Split into 3 pieces, Battery, front and rear - Assembled it and voila it worked..
While we are on this topic... my Ace fell from 1st floor and survived! When I saw it split into 3 pieces, I knew this was it, will have to get a new one. But to my utter shock, after assembling the battery it started up just fine. No fuss.

But this might well be my good luck, would definitely not want this to happen again!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 19th May 2012 at 15:14. Reason: removing extra smilies
Old 19th May 2012, 15:57   #9176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got mine at 23K on flipkart. I did search in some outlets here in Bangalore but to no avail. Finally I ordered at flipkart.
Old 19th May 2012, 20:05   #9177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

I got mine at 23K on flipkart. I did search in some outlets here in Bangalore but to no avail. Finally I ordered at flipkart.
I got a quote of 21.5k. Checked the phone, didn't like the display.
Purchase has been deferred again.
Got a new battery for my i9003 at 600 bucks.
Looks like common sense prevailed at the end of the day. :-)
Old 19th May 2012, 22:17   #9178
Senior - BHPian

Guys I will be getting the HTC Explorer tomorrow. Any last minute suggestions to confuse me ?

P.S: I checked out the Samsung Galaxy Y today. Nice phone but somehow I dont like the UI.
Old 19th May 2012, 23:37   #9179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys just bought a Galaxy Note, white color, at a best price of 30,200.

Any suggestions on apps & games?

I have never tried android before, any thing for saving battery life??

Thanks.
The best price I could see as on today is 31,390 on ebay. Most of the stores here in Bangalore are quoting 32k-32.5k. Can you please tell me where this phone was bought for 30,200?
Old 20th May 2012, 05:07   #9180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I will be getting the HTC Explorer tomorrow. Any last minute suggestions to confuse me ?

P.S: I checked out the Samsung Galaxy Y today. Nice phone but somehow I dont like the UI.

I didn't like the screen of the Galaxy Y at all, which is why I'm going for the Explorer.

Do post details of your new phone!!

Most Viewed