Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 11:19   #9361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
At 1/3rd the screen resolution of Defy? What are they thinking?
480x320 resolution on a 3.5" display is not as bad as the numbers may suggest. Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus has the same resolution on a 3.7" display.

Low resolution may affect only in apps like web browsing, where small font size it required. But for normal day to day usage, the low resolution would not really be a deal breaker. Obviously, this is a personal preference.

But when compared to Defy/Defy+, Xperia Go display provides wet finger tracking. Also we can safety say that the image, video and music quality would be better in a Sony phone as compared to a similar price Motorola phone.

Finally, Sony's UI feels more polished. This again is a matter of personal preference.

Xperia Go seems like a good all rounder, except for the display resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Where did you get the screen resolution for go?
Xperia

Rohan
Old 31st May 2012, 11:28   #9362
Senior - BHPian

Time for the facts-check-department

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
But when compared to Defy/Defy+, Xperia Go display provides wet finger tracking. Also we can safety say that the image, video and music quality would be better in a Sony phone as compared to a similar price Motorola phone.
wet finger tracking? You mean being able to use when wet?

Picture quality may be good. So let's grant image and video quality to the Go without any evidence.

Music quality? Have you used a Defy? Its sound quality is quite awesome all around - loudspeaker, ring tones, or ears. Folks have even ported the "Beats Audio" to it.

Where do you consider stuff like network coverage, call strength? Stuff that almost got Defy a Telstra blue check (or such) for excellent reception in rural areas.

I'm not even getting into the lovely screen which is something I notice on all phones right away.

Have you used a Defy at length? I am dead sure that the exact same phone would not be getting half the crap it gets if Samsung would have produced it.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:36   #9363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
Even I am facing the same issue after upgrading to ICS. My galaxy notes drain out in half a day where it used to say whole day with 40% still remaining at the end. I have disable most of the update, still the same issue. If u go to battery usage call is the prime user where as my user pattern has not change. Please let me know if any of you find solution to the problem
Still not resolved it.. what I have done is to go ahead and disable the apps/services I don't need.
Not sure if I had this option before rooting, you can check it.

Go to Settings - Applications - All , you get the option to disable.

Attaching the screenshots..

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-export_01.png

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-export_02.png

Another thing I have done is to uninstall some of the unwanted apps using Titanium backup. this needs rooting though.

Last edited by sbkumar : 31st May 2012 at 11:37.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:10   #9364
BHPian

Upgraded my Samsung Galaxy SII to Android 4.0.1 yesterday
Linked In does not synchronize online anymore.

Is this the usual problem after an upgrade?
Old 31st May 2012, 12:41   #9365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Time for the facts-check-department

wet finger tracking? You mean being able to use when wet?

Picture quality may be good. So let's grant image and video quality to the Go without any evidence.

Music quality? Have you used a Defy? Its sound quality is quite awesome all around - loudspeaker, ring tones, or ears. Folks have even ported the "Beats Audio" to it.

Where do you consider stuff like network coverage, call strength? Stuff that almost got Defy a Telstra blue check (or such) for excellent reception in rural areas.

I'm not even getting into the lovely screen which is something I notice on all phones right away.

Have you used a Defy at length? I am dead sure that the exact same phone would not be getting half the crap it gets if Samsung would have produced it.
That is exactly the problem which Defy suffers from. It is the equivalent of Fiat Punto in the mobile world. People would love to buy a Punto, but not from Fiat.

Similarly, no matter how good the handset may be, people like me are skeptic about putting their money on a Motorola product. I would rather buy a low spec crappy Korean product.

Yes, wet finger tracking means being able to use the display normally even when the display and fingers are wet. Normal touch screens would misbehave in such a case.

I agree that Defy is a mod friendly phone and its SQ can be improved as you have suggested.

But for the sake of comparison, I prefer to compare the models in their stock state.

Again, I would say that Sony products would please an average joe like me who are looking for a jack of all trades.

On the other hand, Defy would please a purist looking for display resolution and network strength, who doesn't care about the camera.

Rohan
Old 31st May 2012, 13:54   #9366
Senior - BHPian

Samsung Galaxy S3 launched for 43180. Are Samsung out of their minds ?
Old 31st May 2012, 14:03   #9367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Oh man, One X feels great VFM after hearing this. The Samsung built quality and feel doesn't deserve such a price IMO.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:04   #9368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Is it 32 GB one or 64GB? G3 sure is pricy! Samsung digging their own grave. They think they are the new Apple!
Old 31st May 2012, 14:08   #9369
Team-BHP Support

Infibeam is selling the HTC One X for Rs.34,999 i.e. 9K lesser than the S3.

HTC One X Price India, HTC One X Review & Features, Buy HTC Mobiles - Infibeam.com

Samsung thinks they can charge Apple iPhone money for the Galaxy S3. Cashing in on hype.

HTC is also launching the awesome HTC One S for 33K MRP next week. latest 28nm Dual core Snapdragon 4.3" with ICS.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:10   #9370
BHPian

Thats the official price. Prices will vary across dealers. Those who booked for 2k are they getting cash back in case they refuse the booking?
Live wrbcast http://m.samsung.com/in/galaxys3webcast

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 31st May 2012 at 14:11.
Old 31st May 2012, 14:10   #9371
BHPian

43K? so there will be no revision on the prices of the S2/Note.HTC one X is a close competitor which is cheaper by 10k. i see HTC reclaiming its share of the smartphone market
Old 31st May 2012, 15:42   #9372
Senior - BHPian

43180/- is a sureshot dud pricing. And this is for the 16GB model. Buyers would prefer the Iphone 4S at that price.

Wonder at what prices will Samsung introduce the 32 or 64 GB models? 48k, 53k? Atrocious pricing.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:16   #9373
BHPian

Even i had that kind of budget i wouldn't spend it on either the Galaxy S3 OR the Iphone 4S.the iPhone isn't the better product anymore. as the S3 ships with a brilliant software experience out of the box and is much superior hardware wise.

But even though it is superior to the iPhone 4S.What justifies the 10K premium over premium androids? the Amoled screen?The note has one with the same resolution and a bigger size and is 13K cheaper(the galaxy nexus is 23K cheaper).The quad-core processor?the HTC one X has one too and its 10K cheaper .The software? it has already been ported over to its competitors.

A massive FAIL in pricing.Though i dont think people will pay 1K more and go for the iphone,they'll rather save a ton of money and go with a Note/OneX/S2

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 31st May 2012 at 16:17.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:26   #9374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Even i had that kind of budget i wouldn't spend it on either the Galaxy S3 OR the Iphone 4S.the iPhone isn't the better product anymore. as the S3 ships with a brilliant software experience out of the box and is much superior hardware wise.

But even though it is superior to the iPhone 4S.What justifies the 10K premium over premium androids? the Amoled screen?The note has one with the same resolution and a bigger size and is 13K cheaper(the galaxy nexus is 23K cheaper).The quad-core processor?the HTC one X has one too and its 10K cheaper .The software? it has already been ported over to its competitors.

A massive FAIL in pricing.Though i dont think people will pay 1K more and go for the iphone,they'll rather save a ton of money and go with a Note/OneX/S2
I second that opinion. Prospective buyers of S3 may not switch to iPhone, rather they'll find those VFM premium androids. Being said that the dealer price in 1-2 months down the line will be around 38K IMO for S3. eBay is already listing it for 39.9K with warranty. So it won't stay longer at 43K for sure. But somehow even at 38K, this one doesn't seem to justify the premium. Comparing to One X, I will rethink only if S3 comes down to 35K.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:27   #9375
Senior - BHPian

43180/- for S3 is the prohibitively expensive given the fact that OneX is much much cheaper...! This price is surely going to come down pretty quickly I believe...

Last edited by clevermax : 31st May 2012 at 16:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks