Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 23:50   #9961
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
And how to disable these notifications. What do you guys do ?
My way of disabling updates is to manually search in the Google play store for my installed apps and turning off automatic updates on the app download page.I have not yet figured out how to disable all app updates on the phone itself :(
Old 5th July 2012, 00:02   #9962
Senior - BHPian

Official Android 4.0.4 has been leaked for the Galaxy S II.

[Stock Official ICS Firmwares] I9100XXLQ5 (4.0.4) - Europe (OXA) [04-07-12] - xda-developers
Old 5th July 2012, 09:11   #9963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Checkout Homeshop18 for a superdeal coming up tomorrow noon. Atrix-2 at Rs 18218.
Wow. Now that is worth waiting for and it is just a few hours away. I have one question, how reliable is homeshop18? I don't want to end up with something broken or used and then have to struggle with getting it replaced.

I ask this cause my experience with flipkart has not been so good and these chaps are supposed to be the most customer oriented folk. I have had good experiences but the last two orders were a nightmare and flipkart were not as pro active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I too have been using the Atrix 2 for over 3 months now and am happy with the phone.
Nice to know this. Thank you for your feedback.
Old 5th July 2012, 11:04   #9964
Team-BHP Support

Tried searching this thread but could not find. Are there any good apps which help you to maintain sound prodfiles
(meeting/general/external etc)

I read posts where most folks say that they manage with volume button itself.
Is it still the case?
Old 5th July 2012, 11:11   #9965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere
Tried searching this thread but could not find. Are there any good apps which help you to maintain sound prodfiles

Is it still the case?
This is what i use. It also has gps location enabled so whenevrr im at work/ home it changes profiles accordingly.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ofileScheduler
Old 5th July 2012, 11:23   #9966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Thats surprising. I thought Samsung will never upgrade the S2 to 4.0.4. Hope, they will do it soon for the Indian S2.
Old 5th July 2012, 11:39   #9967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Thats surprising. I thought Samsung will never upgrade the S2 to 4.0.4. Hope, they will do it soon for the Indian S2.
Well, considering some small issues 4.0.3 has, I was quite hopeful that Samsung will release 4.0.4.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:29   #9968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Wow. Now that is worth waiting for and it is just a few hours away. I have one question, how reliable is homeshop18? I don't want to end up with something broken or used and then have to struggle with getting it replaced.

I ask this cause my experience with flipkart has not been so good and these chaps are supposed to be the most customer oriented folk. I have had good experiences but the last two orders were a nightmare and flipkart were not as pro active.
Have never used Homeshop18 before, so no feedback. But just a few pages back someone had mentioned about buying a HTC One X using one of these superdeals, so may be you can check with him.

But this current deal lasts only till midnight today, and apparently restricted to a limited number of orders. SO you need to decide ASAP if you want to avail of this discount.

Last edited by kala : 5th July 2012 at 12:50. Reason: correct typo
Old 5th July 2012, 12:39   #9969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nice to know this. Thank you for your feedback.
I did my first shopping with homestop18 last week and have positively good experience with them. The price was really good (flat 30% off on some kitchenware) and the product was delivered in 2 days in good condition (they use DTDC courier services). Am totally satisfied and can recommend them. Compared to Flipkart they do offer much better prices.

However do check out Ebay. Nothing can beat prices on ebay. If you can get hands on 5% or 10% discount coupons, then you can save a lot there.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:43   #9970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....my experience with flipkart has not been so good and these chaps are supposed to be the most customer oriented folk. I have had good experiences but the last two orders were a nightmare and flipkart were not as pro active......
Same here, there are many rumors that flipkart is just sitting on a bomb that can go off anytime. I read reports that their key issue is about the wearhouse vs stocking pattern. Google a bit, you will get many links. My last 2 purchases were bad experiences to me, customer care has lost promptness and orders are taken for products that are not available.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:05   #9971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But this current deal lasts only till midnight today, and apparently restricted to a limited number of orders. SO you need to decide ASAP if you want to avail of this discount.
Yeah. It was supposed to start at 12noon. It is over an hour now and I still do not see the coupon code come up on homeshop18 superdeals.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:08   #9972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I did my first shopping with homestop18 last week and have positively good experience with them.
This gives me more confidence to shop from them now. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
However do check out Ebay. Nothing can beat prices on ebay. If you can get hands on 5% or 10% discount coupons, then you can save a lot there.
Just did. No Atrix 2 at all but they do have other models from Motorola.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:26   #9973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checkout Homeshop18 for a superdeal coming up tomorrow noon. Atrix-2 at Rs 18218.
Can't Thank you enough for this. Just placed the order for the Atrix 2 and a San Disk Class 6 16gb memory card. Total Rs. 19017.

But yeah, it took over an hour for that coupon code to come up.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:03   #9974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Please correct me if i am wrong.

You said your requirement is something that "should last at least a whole day with light net browsing and continuous email sync on 3g! no calls or text messages will be done)."

In that case i would advise you look at the Samsung Tab at 19k. it has a nice bright screen with 3G support.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 | Tablet | Flipkart.com

On the other hand you can also look at Motorola Atrix 2. there are quite a few Atrix users here and all seem to be very happy with it.

Regards,
Thanks for the suggestions but the 7 inch tab is just too big to carry around at work.He bought the Galaxy S advance(16GB) for 23k,is quite good except that it comes with gingerbread pre-installed with nope mention of an upgrade anytime in the near future! Doesn't matter to him at all.

The atrix 2 is good but the display is not good for outdoors in direct sunlight.
Old 5th July 2012, 16:18   #9975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Is it still the case?
I use an app called quick profiles. You can create any number of profiles, then just select the profile as needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks