Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2012, 14:59   #10081
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
ICS 4.0.3 was released for Samsung GS2 last month and i have been using it since then.Though i feel its got some issues as phone was working better with GB 2.0.3.I doubt if your friend would have succeeded in updating with 2G speeds.
He was able to do so, however it took a few hours for 200+ MB download to get completed, but he was lucky that it didn't lead to corrupt update or non-bootable device when updating on slow transfer rates.
Old 14th July 2012, 16:04   #10082
BHPian

Ok got jellybean update for my Galaxy Nexus.

Very smooth and incredibly fast. First impressions of google Now and voice actions: simply great. Now that's what I call a complete OS.

However one thing I believe still lacking is native Smart Dialling.
Old 14th July 2012, 18:11   #10083
BHPian

Planning on getting the Galaxy Note. Where do i get the best deals online? Or if picking it up from Bangalore, which store gives the best price?

Note is available on Flipkart for 32,700 with 16GB MicroSD Card + Designer Flip Cover. Is that a good deal?
Old 14th July 2012, 19:32   #10084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Planning on getting the Galaxy Note. Where do i get the best deals online? Or if picking it up from Bangalore, which store gives the best price?

Note is available on Flipkart for 32,700 with 16GB MicroSD Card + Designer Flip Cover. Is that a good deal?
I think Sulekha had good deals online few weeks back. I think you should be able to find better deals. Homeshop18 is offering at 32,400 but no SD card and flip cover. I got mine for the same price at Samsung showroom without SD card. I would suggest you to check couple of previous pages.
Old 14th July 2012, 20:37   #10085
BANNED

Quote:

Check this post. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2833198

It was available as super deal on homeshop18 last sunday for the price of Rs. 27141. Even I am looking for similar deal. Hope the deal comes back. The link is http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Samsung Note is available at 'homeshop18 super deals' -- http://www.homeshop1.asia, for 27141, I just ordered.
I believe there are few more left at this price, anybody interested may want to grab one.

Lowest price I have seen so far for Note is 29700 from Sulekha, this deal beats it by ~2500, good buy IMO.
JLS, have you received the phone? How is the homeshop18 service?

Last edited by ottocycle : 14th July 2012 at 20:40.
Old 14th July 2012, 21:57   #10086
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does a character change/upgrade in temple run make one run faster?

just wanted to understand the tricks of the game..
Old 14th July 2012, 23:42   #10087
BHPian

Any Note users here flashed their phones to ICS 4.04 yet (XXLRG - Germany or XXLR2 - SEA)?

If so, what has been your experience?

And what steps did you follow to flash?
Old 14th July 2012, 23:51   #10088
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I rooted my Defy + using the method mentioned here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=88

All went well. But after that i followed the process mentioned on the page 1 here to install ICS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663613

But i keep getting an error saying some signature not found etc.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img2012071400540.jpg

Regards,
Old 15th July 2012, 00:56   #10089
BHPian

Anyone has experience with homeshop18 ? Do they ship on time, and how is the product quality?

SGS2 is available for 23,500 now under their superdeals now...
Old 15th July 2012, 01:26   #10090
Senior - BHPian

Here is my take on my HTC Chacha after 2 months of ownership - hope it is a decent reference for others wondering whether its worth the plunge or not!!

HTC Chacha long term ownership review | FreeRiding

Short answer - Mostly no!

List of my pain points (excerpted from the above):
  • LOW volume. Either on speaker or ringer or headphones (which are quite crappy by themselves - I use the motorola one!). You just cannot take a conference call while driving most days (even if all you will do is listen)
  • Laggy. It lags. I have tried custom ROMs but this behavior is simply unacceptable. Esp in the touchscreen / dialer - there is often a bit of lag in selection for dialing / messaging
  • Android itself. A couple of custom apps start rotated 90 degrees because they cannot comprehend a 320 tall and 480 wide screen
  • Half baked customizations. For a phone with just 2.6" screen, it is criminal to use the regular gmail app, standard HTC/ twitter apps which waste 1/3rd of the screen. On gmail, the first screen is just the header. You MUST scroll even for a 5 word email. Can you spell FAIL? Did HTC forget to test their phone before releasing it?
  • Stupid notification bar. It just sits atop most apps - thus wasting real estate space.
  • Stupid customization. I must signup for HTC sense even to download new ringtones. FAIL!
  • Keyboard while having a great feel is just about 5mm too wide i feel (i LOVED the e71). The alternative symbols are marked in a dark blue that is not visible in low light (unlike the white alphabets)
  • NO internal memory. Well it has some 150 MB, but if your contacts occupy 20MB like mine, you run out of space after just the 5/6th apps. The solution is simply using Link2SD: www.link2sd.info/ - it is the best solution, bar even the painful apps2SD (that often does not work for many apps)
  • No business softwares. an office reader suite would have been ideal - not everyone buys this for FB!! Surely burning office viewers would have costed them not more than a dollar or so!!
  • There is verryyy limited mod support (unlike a Defy) so the ROMs are nowhere as functionally complete as the Defy mods have been.The kernel is open source but no one has overclocked the device!!
  • Silly sense limitations (stock) - you can only have 1/2 types of clock widgets - they occupy so much space & you can't use the bottom row in the main home screen - home screens have no option to loop around etc etc (many CM7 apps are more customizable)

Last edited by phamilyman : 15th July 2012 at 01:28.
Old 15th July 2012, 01:26   #10091
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has experience with homeshop18 ? Do they ship on time, and how is the product quality?
I have used Homeshop18 and had been satisfied with the delivery timings. Though didn't need a replacement or refund so can't comment about that. Moreover, anything related to SGS2 would be dealt by Samsung Service Centres once the box is opened. Please be aware that those Centers are actually repair centres and its usually a pandemonium there. Though I really trust this phone and seems to be a good deal also
Old 15th July 2012, 01:36   #10092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just grab it if you need it and the price is lower then elsewhere.. Don't expect Flipkart like service, but its reasonably good in most ways. However, never believe the product reviews by customers.

Last edited by Raccoon : 15th July 2012 at 01:38.
Old 15th July 2012, 01:39   #10093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I bought an Atrix-2 last week from them at 18.2K. Ordered it last Thursday, it was shipped from Delhi on Friday and received it by Monday noon. No issues so far.

I ordered an SGS-II for my daughter just now at 23.5K. Hoping that it gets delivered on time.
Old 15th July 2012, 02:09   #10094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hello All,

I rooted my Defy + using the method mentioned here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=88

All went well. But after that i followed the process mentioned on the page 1 here to install ICS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663613

But i keep getting an error saying some signature not found etc.

Attachment 956712

Regards,
if you have CWM recovery option there's a option to toggle signature verification, check if that option helps.
The error certainly is due to missing signature in the installation file.

If there's install method other than what you are using try that too, like installing using recovery instead of ODIN.
Old 15th July 2012, 06:12   #10095
Senior - BHPian

aah, one of the many advantages of owning the original Google Phone

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_0189001.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks