Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:10   #10231
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys my nephew wants a new android phone. He is confused between LG Optimus One and Samsung Galaxy Y. Which one is better buy? He basically needs it for net surfing, calling, and gaming etc. Please help.
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:17   #10232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys my nephew wants a new android phone. He is confused between LG Optimus One and Samsung Galaxy Y. Which one is better buy? He basically needs it for net surfing, calling, and gaming etc. Please help.
LG, no doubt. Samsung has awful screen resolution.

Why not the HTC Explorer? It is the best VFM android as of now.
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:18   #10233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
I am not sure if optimus one is still manufactured, but i will also suggest him to check out HTC explorer(rs 8500) or LG optmius Net dual sim (rs 9500 with free back case).
My sis bought Optimus net dual & is loving it as it got 512 mb ram.
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:23   #10234
BHPian

HTC wildfire s could be better than HTC Explorer, forget LG and Samsung, you will not be able to flash newer and better ROMS. HTC hardware is still more reliable than other counterparts.
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:38   #10235
Senior - BHPian

^^ HTC has the worst battery life of the lot.
Overall, LG optimus would be the best option.
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:41   #10236
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I heard it is available in Alfa (Mumbai) and Gaffar Market (Delhi).
Thanks. To confirm, am I locating the correct shop? https://plus.google.com/104628556732...ut?gl=in&hl=en

Just read some reviews about Alfa. People are talking about unfriendly staff (manageable) and defective electronic items (not acceptable). Can somebody share his shopping and ownership experience here?

Last edited by ottocycle : 22nd July 2012 at 22:50.
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:36   #10237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Thanks. To confirm, am I locating the correct shop? https://plus.google.com/104628556732...ut?gl=in&hl=en

Just read some reviews about Alfa.
I have no shopping experience from Alfa. I am from Gurgaon/Delhi. Someone from Mumbai will be able to help.
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:11   #10238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
If you have budget near 18k & fine with 3.5" display, then suggest you to consider SONY Xperia GO, as it got 1 Ghz Dual core processor, mali 400 GPU along with tough & water proof build with wet finger tracking
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If this: Xperia is the phone you are talking about, the screen resolution is POOR, just 480X320 pixels, where all others in this price bracket have atleast 800X480 pixel resolution.
Yup Screen resolution is on lower side and this is deal breaker for me.

HTC One V lacks dual core but has expansion slot + good battery life + excellent screen + good camera.

Most reviews recommend HTC One V despite having a single core processor.

I will let you guys know about my purchase decision by end of this month.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd July 2012 at 00:12.
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:31   #10239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Great to hear that. Do you have any idea of shops where this phone is available (either Mumbai or Hyderabad). I want to buy this phone.

EDIT: Oops. I did back to back post. Mods, please forgive and merge this with above post. Thanks.
This phone is tremendous VFM at $350, even at current exchange rates! But, you'll need someone to bring it down from the US and be ready to live w/o warranty.

In the grey, I think it would be selling for close to 25k.

Even I have been looking for a upgrade and this seems to be a nice option! In Delhi, yes Gaffar will be the place to search. Not so sure about Hyderabad. Let me know if you find anything, maybe we can get it together or something.
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:11   #10240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Not so sure about Hyderabad. Let me know if you find anything, maybe we can get it together or something.
I wonder why Samsung stopped selling this wonderful product in India. Could be hard to find in Hyderabad. I will try to search through friends. Otherwise, I am leaning towards Galaxy Note.

Anybody has any idea about the shop selling the Note at cheapest price in Hyderabad.
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:28   #10241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
LG without a doubt, it has official CM support as well. extremely good value for money, but not sure if you can get your hands on a new one.
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:50   #10242
BHPian

Quote:
Great to hear that. Do you have any idea of shops where this phone is available (either Mumbai or Hyderabad). I want to buy this phone.

EDIT: Oops. I did back to back post. Mods, please forgive and merge this with above post. Thanks.
I am also considering Galaxy Nexus S and currently it's selling for 17.5k on ebay, i just checked. sure it's grey market piece.
link
nexus S | eBay
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:15   #10243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle

Just read some reviews about Alfa. People are talking about unfriendly staff (manageable) and defective electronic items (not acceptable). Can somebody share his shopping and ownership experience here?
Alfa has the best deals in Mumbai, and you get two options generally; with or without bill (without bill is 1.5-3k off depending on the phone). The staff is not that polite but I didn't have any problems with the product I purchased (HTC Desire HD about 1 and ½ years back).
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:09   #10244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I am also considering Galaxy Nexus S and currently it's selling for 17.5k on ebay, i just checked. sure it's grey market piece.
link
nexus S | eBay
I think they are being sold around 26k. The one lesser than 20k are CDMA versions. I am skeptical about ebay quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Alfa has the best deals in Mumbai, and you get two options generally; with or without bill (without bill is 1.5-3k off depending on the phone). The staff is not that polite but I didn't have any problems with the product I purchased (HTC Desire HD about 1 and ½ years back).
Thanks for the feedback. I will be going to Mumbai mid Aug. Will try to check that shop. Though it's hard to wait that long. I might end up buy Note. Will be checking out few shops in Hyderabad (Ameerpet area).

Last edited by ottocycle : 23rd July 2012 at 11:14.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:21   #10245
Senior - BHPian

The next Galaxy to be announced in August Mid

Samsung will announce a new Galaxy device on August 15 - GSMArena.com news

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks