Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 19:43   #10891
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Has anyone tried out the JellyBean CM10 nightlies on the Galaxy-S(i9000). Hows the stability, and do most of the features work? Dont expect it to be a perfect ROM now, still if the basic features work, i do want to try it out.

I was on CM9 , which started lagging after a while. Hence back to CM7. But CM10 is now attracting me
Old 24th August 2012, 19:50   #10892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I see this new Micromax mobile - the Some of the features that caught my eye:
Naveen, instead of this, you can go for the Reliance Reconnect GSM 4301. This is available in Reliance Digital stores for around 13k. This phone is a rebranded Alcatel OT995.

Check out the specs here:Alcatel OT-995 - Full phone specifications
Old 24th August 2012, 19:54   #10893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Yes, Sygic India map data is close to 1gb. You can download the map data to your PC but not officially, if you know what I mean ;-)
I know... ;-) Just don't have the luxury of time to figure it out as of now, so was hoping if someone had any pointers. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Of course . Who do you think mapped ladakh and the remote nether regions of the himalayas!
You did that? I know who to thank for directions, if I visit those areas sometime.
Old 24th August 2012, 19:58   #10894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Naveen, instead of this, you can go for the Reliance Reconnect GSM 4301. This is available in Reliance Digital stores for around 13k. This phone is a rebranded Alcatel OT995.

Check out the specs here:Alcatel OT-995 - Full phone specifications
Thanks for pointing that out. However, I see that it is 2.3? Can it be upgraded OTA? Or does it come with 4.0 now? And the screen? AMOLED? And battery is a 1500?
Old 24th August 2012, 21:04   #10895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon

I know... ;-) Just don't have the luxury of time to figure it out as of now, so was hoping if someone had any pointers. :(
Posting link may be frowned upon here. So just Google it - Sygic + Map my India. It's not difficult to find.
Old 25th August 2012, 11:12   #10896
Senior - BHPian

Hi bhpians

What App shows this analog speedometer?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-538997_496195483725314_1001886711_n.jpg  

Old 25th August 2012, 11:26   #10897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Hi bhpians

What App shows this analog speedometer?
Not sure what app is used in the picture but I would recommend Speedview. It's got all the features that you need.
1) Compass
2) Speedometer
3) HUD view - You can place the phone near the windshield and it shows the speed on the windscreen.
4) Track avg speed/total time
5) Car Acceleration (0-100km/h and 1/4 mile time)

Many features are available only in the pro version. I use the pro version and works great. Here's the link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dmlldy5wcm8iXQ..

Last edited by naveen.raju : 25th August 2012 at 11:27. Reason: Link
Old 25th August 2012, 13:14   #10898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04
Has anyone tried out the JellyBean CM10 nightlies on the Galaxy-S(i9000). Hows the stability, and do most of the features work? Dont expect it to be a perfect ROM now, still if the basic features work, i do want to try it out.

I was on CM9 , which started lagging after a while. Hence back to CM7. But CM10 is now attracting me
Hi, I am currently using cm10 official 20.8.12 nightly. The performance bump is not very significant over cm9. However it does add lot of visual effects and animations, has much smoother UI. I haven't had any complaints with it. No reboots, no errors, nothing. I am really amazed at how much functional cm10 is , in such early stages of development. I would like to point out that my usage is little bit of WiFi, whatsapp , calling and surfing. No games.

Keep flashing!
Old 25th August 2012, 13:41   #10899
BANNED

Help Buying A Android S Phone

Hi all,friend of mine need a android phone in the budget of 15 to 20 k.
He has a HTC windows phone which is about three four yrs old.
Primary use is voice call and SMS.
He is new to android so will start using video calls apps browsing ect.

Pls suggest a sturdy phone with good processor.i suggested Xperia u over Samsung ace as u is dual core,but I believe Xperia u has a fixed battery .

Thanks in advance
Old 25th August 2012, 13:47   #10900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Can you post the name of the App? The link says the page was not found!!
Sorry about the broken link. I just copy pasted the page URL from my browser, dont know what happened.

App name is: Pansi SMS from Developer : Pansi Studio
Old 25th August 2012, 16:00   #10901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy

Pls suggest a sturdy phone with good processor.i suggested Xperia u over Samsung ace as u is dual core,but I believe Xperia u has a fixed battery .

Thanks in advance
Below is the list i would recon.

1. Samsung Galaxy S Advance
2. Sony Xperia Neo L
3. Sony Xperia G

I have S advance in house and the screen and all is pretty awesome.

Just my $0.02.

Regards,
Old 25th August 2012, 18:00   #10902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy

Thanks in advance
Sony and htc mobiles, although equipped with a front camera, do not support video calling over 3g. Although video calling on skype and gtalk is supported.
Old 25th August 2012, 18:12   #10903
BHPian

Re: Dual GSM with Android ICS

I am looking for a phone with dual (GSM) SIM feature and android ICS. Any reviews/thoughts about Desire V and MicroMax A90?
Old 25th August 2012, 18:43   #10904
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dual GSM with Android ICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I am looking for a phone with dual (GSM) SIM feature and android ICS. Any reviews/thoughts about Desire V and MicroMax A90?
I believe the A90 is still not yet out on the retail market (online/stores), however Micromax website is showing the purchase option on its website. Do check it up if it is indeed available off the shelf.

Just got myself a Micromax A100 yesterday. Till then the time has been spent in throwing everything at the mobile (app/game/etc) - the phone takes it all effortlessly. However there are a few cons - have listed them in my review on flipkart; quoting it verbatim out here.

Quote:
Just bought this phone a few hours back, haven't left it alone since then.

Most of the pros/cons have been covered in the above reviews. Here a few more that I felt that need to be mentioned, especially the negative aspects. Please understand I am more than satisfied with the phone, and the points below are just to inform you all of the actual scenario.

Negatives
1. Call clarity is not at par with other mobiles. My earlier phone, a year old BB Curve still has better and clear voice than this phone.
2. Ear phones/hands-free are plain ones. These are the old model, and do not go inside the ear - I tried taking a few calls on the handsfree, didn't help - could hardly hear the voice clearly.
3. Other phone ear-phones do not work. I used a Samsung earphones/handsfree on my BB which used to pair up effortlessly. However the same do not work as a handsfree for this phone. However the music player/fm work fine. Need to test this out on other handsfree.
4. Speaker volume could be better. In a quiet area (or at home) this will do, however in a public place with lot of noise, the speaker will feel inadequate.
5. Screen rotation (horizontal - vertical) is a bit sluggish, especially if you are playing some heavy application/game. It takes 1-2 seconds for the phone to respond to the rotation.

Positives
1. Absolute VFM mobile for the price. Haven't tried all games, however the mobile is able to handle live wallpapers and most applications (all that I could try) effortlessly.
2. Touchscreen is perfect - couldn't find any problems.
3. Battery life seems to be good enough - I haven't left the phone alone since I bought it 4 hours ago, still the battery seems to be holding up excellently. Still I need to do a complete full charge - drain exercise to understand how long the battery performs.
On that matter, the A90 has better benchmark results than the A100. Also for the record, both phones have pretty decent benchmark results as compared to most other branded phones in the 10k-20k range. In fact a lot of the phones in that range seem to have lesser scores than these two phones, including Samsung, HTC, LG & other models.

Benchmark scores of A100 - Video courtesy iGyaan

Benchmark scores of A90 - Video courtesy iGyaan

Will keep this thread updated on the phone performance. Do mention if you need any additional info.
Old 25th August 2012, 19:38   #10905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle

I as far as I know, google navigation was not supported in India. Could it be because you are using Custom Rom? Could you please post the pics of the navigation screen? Thanks.
Here you go

Maybe its because im using custom rom. It says voice navigation is in beta phase but works out great.
Name:  ForumRunner_20120825_193712.png
Views: 852
Size:  114.9 KB

Most Viewed