Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2012, 14:36   #11116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
So. Navigation works for you? According to this page http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/an...&answer=172221 navigation is not supported in India. Probably that was the reason it crashed. Looks like google was confused by your country location and that pm was to confirm.
Indeed, it is not supposed to work in India.

Easy to get paranoid, especially with corporations like Google, but I have just been to Singapore, and probably a couple of apps auto-updated while I was there.

Oh. Come to think of that, that means that I'm not being paranoid: I am being watched!
Old 1st September 2012, 17:35   #11117
BHPian

Phone Suggestion

I urge all Android Experts here to suggest me an Android phone.

It is going to be my first Android phone. I have a budget of 30K and my primary requirements are:

Big display for mobile movie watching (HD1080p)
HD gaming (asphalt7 and the lot)
Fast web browsing
Durability (should survive minor falls etc.)
Around a day of battery life

I have looked at Samsung S2, HTC one S and Xperia S. While S2 screen pleases me the most (high contrast), I came to know that it is low res (800*480), else S2 ticks all the boxes.

Sony Xperia S doesn't have a Gorilla glass display and is thicker + lot of colour distortions, but it does have a 720p screen.

One S is perfect, just that it is severely limited with 16GB storage.

I'm also looking at Motorola Atrix2/RAZR, but their game compatibility and ICS issues bother me.

I will be possibly keeping the phone for 3 years and keen on modding/custom ROMS.

I am not very brand oriented, anything that can last me 3 years is good enough for me.
Old 1st September 2012, 23:56   #11118
BHPian

End of summer sale on Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/c..._SeasonEndSale

Best deal is on SwiftKey3. Just .99 USD.
Old 2nd September 2012, 00:03   #11119
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have almost decided on One V, I am getting it for 16k. What say, Good deal ?

Any other phones, Worth considering for ?

My usage, Camera, bit of games and browsing. What say, Good decision, no ?

Please help

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:57   #11120
BHPian

I came from 4S to S3, and I am looking for a game like Infinity blade for this big bad boy. Any ideas which match or surpass the quality of Infinity blade on android?
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:04   #11121
Team-BHP Support

I switched to Jelly Bean yesterday night. Looks great, but I need to resolve some things quickly.

My battery on CM7 used to last 36 hours to full discharge (with background data disabled). But here the battery has discharged down to 35% in 6 hours. Need to know how to disable background data or application sync.

I tried to add direct dial short cuts to my usual family numbers, but I can only set wall papers if I press and hold my finger. How do I set direct dial short cuts?
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:57   #11122

Good morning Bhpians
I have an LG Optimus Black from the past 8 months.
I bought it for ~20k.
I regret buying a single core processor phone back then.
Now the main thing is, I want to ROOT my phone to make full use of it, so please can anybody help me with the PROCEDURE.?
I have heard of cyanogen mods, but I am unable to find the procedure for my phone.
And Lastly I have bought many paid apps from Google Play Store. So, if I root my phone, Am I going to lose all the paid apps?
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:05   #11123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospool View Post
Good morning Bhpians
I have an LG Optimus Black from the past 8 months.
I have heard of cyanogen mods, but I am unable to find the procedure for my phone.
Here you go: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...s-black-guide/

Rooting has no effect on your paid apps.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:12   #11124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

Here you go: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...s-black-guide/

Rooting has no effect on your paid apps.
Thank you :-)
Can I upgrade to ICS after rooting?
Can u pls list me a few main advantages of rooting?
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:25   #11125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I switched to Jelly Bean yesterday night. Looks great, but I need to resolve some things quickly.

My battery on CM7 used to last 36 hours to full discharge (with background data disabled). But here the battery has discharged down to 35% in 6 hours. Need to know how to disable background data or application sync.

I tried to add direct dial short cuts to my usual family numbers, but I can only set wall papers if I press and hold my finger. How do I set direct dial short cuts?
Go into settings > accounts & sync and on top there is a on off toggle. Press that.

In JB / ICS you need to go into maim menu an on top you shall see Apps / Widgets. Press on widgets or keep sliding right till you are in widget menu. Once there just press and hold on the widget / direct dial amd it will be placed on your home screens. Attached pic shall give you an idea.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120902_102521.png
Views: 444
Size:  58.6 KB

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 2nd September 2012 at 10:27.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:27   #11126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

Hi Samurai,

After flashing the ROM, did you try this?

Download the 2 softwares CurrentWidget and BatteryCalibration.

1. Install CurrentWidget from market and charge the mobile to 100%. Remove it from charging only after the CurrentWidget shows 0mA in the widget (it sometimes takes upto 45 minutes to show 0mA after the green light is seen).

2. After this, install BatteryCalibration and just click Battery Calibration on the screen. It will delete the file 'data\system\batterystats.bin' and then generate a new one when you reboot.

3. Reboot.
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:38   #11127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, I have almost decided on One V, I am getting it for 16k. What say, Good deal ?

Any other phones, Worth considering for ?

My usage, Camera, bit of games and browsing. What say, Good decision, no ?

Please help

Cheers,
Sameer
16K IMHO is a good deal! Where you getting it from? If online, do let me know. I know, I was looking at the A90.
Old 2nd September 2012, 11:39   #11128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
In JB / ICS you need to go into maim menu an on top you shall see Apps / Widgets. Press on widgets or keep sliding right till you are in widget menu. Once there just press and hold on the widget / direct dial amd it will be placed on your home screens. Attached pic shall give you an idea.
Thanks, this worked out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
1. Install CurrentWidget from market and charge the mobile to 100%. Remove it from charging only after the CurrentWidget shows 0mA in the widget (it sometimes takes upto 45 minutes to show 0mA after the green light is seen).
But this one didn't. Apparently Motorola doesn't support this app. In fact, the phone stopped charging once I installed both the apps. :-(

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd September 2012 at 11:41.
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:04   #11129
Senior - BHPian

I use Battery Info from the market and it seems to give most information including battery temperature
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:46   #11130
BHPian

I had bought a Samsung tab2 P3100 to use with my ELM 327 solely for this purpose. i had thought of permanently leaving it in the car. The elm was working fine with scan master via my pc. The rest of all the devices i have are apple based, it seemed that for OBD torque app was better than the REV app.

after buying the tablet. i was able to pair the ELM to the tablet. i purchased the torque pro app from google play store but to my horror. when i choose bluetooth ELM in torque app, a connect to bluetooth device please enter PIN keeps reappearing every 5 seconds. Torque app forum says its an issue with the samsung bluetooth driver.

Same problem exits if i use dashcommand or torque lite
what do i do please help. this runs on ICS. you wouldn't even begin to understand the disappointment i am having after spending so much money getting the tab.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks