Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 13:27   #11371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Correct. Sygic + Map My India is available RS.1,402.31. Don't know for how many days the offer is going to be active.
Did you purchase the license from Google Play?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Is it available on Google Store for this price?
Same price on both.
However, I purchased it on their store since I wanted to use it on multiple devices within family.
With Google Play, the license is tied to the Google account so it would not work on my brother's mobile.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:36   #11372
Senior - BHPian

I used to think Juice Defender works. It does not. More so, when I checked its log and it says 'AOSP not comptible, Get CyanogenMod'. Duh, I'm ON CM10! My battery was draining out within 12-15 hours despite keeping wifi/GPS/BT off most of the time.

On top of it, JD was disabling my data connection at night but not re-enabling it in morning. Quite irritating because I was forced to reboot my phone every day.

Uninstalled it and went for 'Easy Battery Saver'. It has been just one day but I'm seeing noticeable improvement. Phone has been on for more than 17 hours since last charge and still ~25% battery remains. Usage has been the same as it was with JD.
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120913133054.png

Also, there is a bug in the stock Messaging app of CM10. If I select the option of "Keep Original Timestamp", it changes the date to a static Jan 1, 1970 0530 am! See the timestamp in the two screenshots!
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120912075548.png

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20120912075611.png

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 13th September 2012 at 13:49.
Old 13th September 2012, 14:07   #11373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I was "about to" place my order for Motorola Defy Plus when I stumbled upon Samsung's Galaxy S Duos. Many articles state that its been launched in the first week of September already but neither flipkart has it, nor ebay.

Does anyone have any info whether Galaxy S Duos has been launched and is available in the physical retail market if not in cyberspace?
relax. PM har$hal (check exact nick) about his galaxy S advance experience. I am not sure the current batch will have the same network. His SGSA has serious network issues which samsung isn't willing to sort out, nor is it dead that he can hand it back as a DOA.

/I feel compelled to point out how motorola still handed normally_crazy a DOA despite the only fault being a wonky touch screen when put on charger!!
Old 13th September 2012, 14:13   #11374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Same price on both.
However, I purchased it on their store since I wanted to use it on multiple devices within family.
With Google Play, the license is tied to the Google account so it would not work on my brother's mobile.
So, should I buy it from here to use it on 2 android devices with same google id ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Earlier had Sygic (Sygic: GPS Navigation) installed and the trial period is expired and it asks for Euro 19.99 to continue.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 13th September 2012 at 14:35.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:20   #11375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
So, should I buy it from here to use it on 2 android devices with same google id ?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result

Earlier had Sygic (Sygic: GPS Navigation) installed and the trial period is expired and it asks for Euro 19.99 to continue.
If you are going to use devices where you have the same Google account, then play store should work fine for you.

However if the accounts are different, then it is better to buy it from Sygic store instead.
Old 13th September 2012, 17:45   #11376
BHPian

I have a question on phone heating. For the last few days, I have been using Google Navigation to find my around Mumbai (I have lived in this city for a period of time few years back but never driven around in a car). So my SE Xperia Neo V is actively using data connection, GPS, screen brightness set to full etc. When I end the drive, I find the phone to be unusally hot. Any idea what could be causing this? i.e. is it due to GPS or full bright screen or data connection? I am bit worried because I have one of my friends SE going kaput due to heavy usage.

On a side note, the Google navigation is a great help. It is fairly accurate. Few issues that I have encountered are, suggesting right turns where they are barred and the english accented names for Indian roads. Makes harder to understand while using voice navigation.
Old 13th September 2012, 18:13   #11377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I find the phone to be unusally hot. Any idea what could be causing this? i.e. is it due to GPS or full bright screen or data connection?
Usually GPS and Active 3G data connection has the phones on heat
Old 13th September 2012, 19:24   #11378
Team-BHP Support

After switching to MIUI Wakj, I am having very good battery life. Today after 12hours, I am at 75% battery level. Hope it lasts.
Old 13th September 2012, 19:45   #11379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After switching to MIUI Wakj, I am having very good battery life. Today after 12hours, I am at 75% battery level. Hope it lasts.
Is this the GB, ICS or JB version? I was also thinking of switching over primarily due to battery issues on CM10.

Btw, what procedure did you follow? I believe you moved from CM10 right? Did you have to do a 'Wipe Data'?
Old 13th September 2012, 20:23   #11380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hi,

Pls share the link / process you used. Even i would like to try MIUI.

Thank s
Old 13th September 2012, 21:52   #11381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it this version?

v2.5.27 (released)
- optimized framework
- optimized CPU settings (1.1Ghz change to 1.0Ghz)
- optimized battery settings
- optimized network settings
- optimized phone settings
- updated MiFileExplorer thnx to apooonet
- updated bootmenu thnx to FuZZ__
- updated Recovery to 5.0.6
- added DroidX CPU Governors and SIO Kernel Scheduler V2.2 thnx to skeevy420
- removed Swipe to Remove Notification
- removed Extended Settings Menu Options
- removed Google Maps
- optimized recent and added some new tweaks
- updated Google Play to 3.5.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

Pls share the link / process you used. Even i would like to try MIUI.

Thank s
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161110

He has got Stable (GB), Hybrid (ICS) and experimental JB build. Take your pick! I'm done with JB, thinking of moving back to GB.

Or, maybe White Rabbit (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1510063)

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 13th September 2012 at 21:56.
Old 13th September 2012, 22:00   #11382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
relax. PM har$hal (check exact nick) about his galaxy S advance experience. I am not sure the current batch will have the same network. His SGSA has serious network issues which samsung isn't willing to sort out, nor is it dead that he can hand it back as a DOA.

/I feel compelled to point out how motorola still handed normally_crazy a DOA despite the only fault being a wonky touch screen when put on charger!!
What would be the next best thing to Motorola Defy Plus, say at a price of around 16-18k?

Else its going to be defy plus for me pretty soon.
Old 13th September 2012, 22:34   #11383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
If you are going to use devices where you have the same Google account, then play store should work fine for you.

However if the accounts are different, then it is better to buy it from Sygic store instead.
No yaar. I have my purchases on one account but on two different phones. the same app CANNOT (titanium backup for instance) be run on two phones at once!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
What would be the next best thing to Motorola Defy Plus, say at a price of around 16-18k?

Else its going to be defy plus for me pretty soon.
xPeria U / Sola
Old 13th September 2012, 22:40   #11384
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am new android user, I am using HTC One V purchased few days back. What i want to ask is, Can you guys please recommend me any good battery saver app, Battery on my One V hardly last 9-10 hrs.

If i use Navigation/games, It packs up 75% in 4 hours. Is there any good app, Which increase the battery time on my device.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 13th September 2012, 22:42   #11385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
Guys, I am new android user, I am using HTC One V purchased few days back. What i want to ask is, Can you guys please recommend me any good battery saver app, Battery on my One V hardly last 9-10 hrs.

If i use Navigation/games, It packs up 75% in 4 hours. Is there any good app, Which increase the battery time on my device.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sameer
Try 2x from the market. I've carried it through on innumerable roms on 3 devices.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks