Attached Images

Old 14th October 2012, 09:08   #11897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,
Here its the battery backup on GNex.
Pretty decent on 2G.
That looks good. Yet to check how much can I manage. Though, for now, it will be significantly less as its being fiddled with most of the time.

Edit:
BTW, what is the RAM you see under manage apps? It shows some 700mb odd (used+free) on mine.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 14th October 2012 at 09:17.
Old 14th October 2012, 16:24   #11898
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Anyone using the Kindle fire? If yes, on a custom ROM like CM? I am looking for a budget tab with very good display and this one seems to be it. Wanted to know how well it can playback media.
Old 14th October 2012, 18:32   #11899
Senior - BHPian

My HTC Desire V battery lasts just within 24 hours, it becomes 12 hours or less if navigation is used, there are many battery booster applications around, can someone suggest a reliable, effective app ? Thanks.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:15   #11900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My HTC Desire V battery lasts just within 24 hours, it becomes 12 hours or less if navigation is used, there are many battery booster applications around, can someone suggest a reliable, effective app ? Thanks.
No app can boost your battery :-) If you want more battery life - switch off stuff like WiFi, 3G, GPS etc when not in use and keep the screen brighness dim.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:39   #11901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query on DualSIM phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
My quest for a dual SIM phone continues and am considering Sony Tipo dual now. However, I have a general query on the dual SIM phones:.....
Data is supposed to be used with the SIM1 and it does not get affected with voice calls on either SIMs. If you need second SIM to show engaged tone while first one is in talk, you need to opt for a phone that has 'Dual Standby' feature. I use an HTC Desire V that is 'Dual Active' which means one network will show 'not available' while other is used. I am ok with this because my 2nd SIM is always a standby for making calls while the 1st one loses the network while on the move. Hope the input helps !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
No app can boost your battery :-) If you want more battery life - switch off stuff like WiFi, 3G, GPS etc when not in use and keep the screen brighness dim.
I know no app can boost the battery, but I dont underestimate the potential of technology advancement each day. I did not want to be outdated overnite, as you know each day we have some earth breaking inventions I do everything else you mentioned on a daily basis.

Last edited by shajufx : 14th October 2012 at 19:41.
Old 15th October 2012, 09:34   #11902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn

No separate App is required if you are on S60 phone. Just Copy all contacts to memory card by selecting all and copy to memory card. Insert memory card in new phone and in contacts, there is an option to import contacts from memory card and voila, all your memory will be imported in one go.
Try Rainbow contacts. This app only needs Bluetooth in your source device & can import all the contacts via bluetooth from ANY bluetooth enabled device.
This was shown to us by a sales guy while buying Xperia U for my friend yesterday.
BTW, Sony reduced the prices of Xperia U to around 14.5k.
Good price for 1ghz dual core droid,
3.5" 480x854 screen.
only negative is 4gb non expandable memory. Has USB on the go though.
Old 15th October 2012, 10:02   #11903
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Handsfree earbud mic on P500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I bought a hands-free ear-buds (LG SGEY0003744) from amazon for my LG P500. But, the mic does not to work on it. I am able to hear the other side speaking, but they cannot hear me out.

I even tried with the iPhone ear-buds, still the same. The mic does not pick up the voice. Is there any setting on android to enable the same?

Please advise.

When I picked up a replacement hands free ear plugs for my Galaxy R, I was told that all handsfree plugs are not compatible with all phones by the same manufacturer. If you check details of specific earplugs on the internet, you will find that there is a list of compatible phones for it. As I understand, with non compatible hands free ear plugs you will be able to hear but it does not capture your voice.
Old 15th October 2012, 10:09   #11904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
so for what its worth, the chacha's screen is going for a toss again. my thumb hurts from multiple attempts to unlock it. Hence this piece of trash is going where its company stock has gone .. into the trash. Will try and dispose it off at a decent price and move to a blackberry sometime during next week.

These qwerty blackberries are NO good. Such a terrible step down from my defy its not funny.
Hey Phamilyman.

Here's a pic of my Chacha and Bhathija

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-485892_10152173273080389_1899446347_n.jpg
Old 15th October 2012, 10:10   #11905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Try 2x battery.
I mentioned this to Sameerg0001 too, and he is quite satified with it too, last I heard.
Its what I have been using too for close to 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post

Thats what most battery apps do, dont they?

Quote:
----------------------SNIP-----------I know no app can boost the battery, but I dont underestimate the potential of technology advancement each day.----------------------SNIP-----------
Yes, Dont.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eByShake&hl=en

Last edited by mayankk : 15th October 2012 at 10:12.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:19   #11906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Try 2x battery.....Yes, Dont....
I tried that for a week or something, it gave some pop up ads in between which I did not like thereby ending up uninstalling it. Hope that shake & charge technology becomes real. It would be really really useful when we are in a critical situation where battery is running out and we need to communicate !
Old 15th October 2012, 11:24   #11907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I tried that for a week or something, it gave some pop up ads in between which I did not like thereby ending up uninstalling it. Hope that shake & charge technology becomes real. It would be really really useful when we are in a critical situation where battery is running out and we need to communicate !
Ads?
Thats surprising. I have never got ads.
I think theres 2 on the market. Did you try the "Sam lu" one?
Thats the one I have, and the only place is gives ads is when youre within the app itself, not when its running on your notif bar.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:34   #11908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Anyone using the Kindle fire? If yes, on a custom ROM like CM? I am looking for a budget tab with very good display and this one seems to be it. Wanted to know how well it can playback media.
Looks like none is using a Kindle around here..! Anyway I have dropped the idea of a Kindle after seeing several reviews about it.

Anyone using Nexus 7 tablet?
Old 15th October 2012, 11:42   #11909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Ads?
Thats surprising. I have never got ads.
I think theres 2 on the market. Did you try the "Sam lu" one?
Thats the one I have, and the only place is gives ads is when youre within the app itself, not when its running on your notif bar.
Mine had 2 green battery icon, probably I had a different version, will try what you suggested. The following apps are ones that I find very useful and constantly used in my apps:

1) Google Maps & Navigation
2) Evernote
3) Facebook
4) Facebook Messenger
5) Team Bhp
6) Avast
7) hdfc
8) indian rail
9) Roidizer

I have had many others installed, but the pop up ads or unreliable running made me uninstall them.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:47   #11910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine had 2 green battery icon, probably I had a different version, will try what you suggested. The following apps are ones that I find very useful and constantly used in my apps:

1) Google Maps & Navigation
2) Evernote
3) Facebook
4) Facebook Messenger
5) Team Bhp
6) Avast
7) hdfc
8) indian rail
9) Roidizer

I have had many others installed, but the pop up ads or unreliable running made me uninstall them.
Yeah, thats the other one.
Try the one with the single green battery, and developers name is sam lu.

If I may suggest some apps?
Quickpic to replace stock gallery. Much faster
Whatsapp (??)
Barcode reader.
Wunderlist
Kingsoft office.
Zedge(for ringtones, wallpapers etc.

Just suggesting, you may not have use for some them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks