Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 22:33   #12121
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here.

Hi All,

Can anyone using samsung galaxy nexus (i9250) please let me know from where I can get it in bangalore? I know its available on ebay.in

Also if anyone ordered it from ebay, Please help providing below info. Please let me know the seller from where you bought. I see that prices starts from ~21K. Are these phones UNLOCKED ones? Does it carry any operator logo on it?

I understand that Seller warranty is as good as no warranty and I'm okay with that.

I also see that CDMA 32GB ones are going at even cheaper rate ~17.5K. Does it make sense to go for those phones? My main concern for those phones are they carry operator logos and that I dont like.

Regads
SE
Old 27th October 2012, 05:22   #12122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice

Not really sure if this will work but why don't you try a different alarm app? I am guessing it'll ask on the first instance to select the alarm app you want to use. Use a 3rd party alarm app that gives you option to set custom snooze time. Sorry if it doesn't work, just a guess here. :-P
Hi,

You can try using Business calendar app. I guess it works perfectly fine. It also has widgets of various combinations and sizes.
Old 28th October 2012, 10:57   #12123
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I've been searching, reading and comparing phones for a while to replace my handicapped SGS i9000, when a friend suggested I consider Pantech's Burst phone.

Anyone tried it ? Specs are better than and costs half(INR 10,000) as much as SGS i9000; plus it comes with ICS. I might put in an order in a few days.

Company Website
XDA discussion
Engadget review
Ebay
Old 28th October 2012, 21:03   #12124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I've been searching, reading and comparing phones for a while to replace my handicapped SGS i9000, when a friend suggested I consider Pantech's Burst phone.
It is a steal at 10K. 1.5GHz dual core +adreno 220. Runs on 45nm Snapdragon . The Xperia S has the same combo. Go running to it if you don't mind charging it daily.
Old 28th October 2012, 21:34   #12125
BHPian

Could someone suggest a good call recorder, that is free and which stores the file in MP3 format. I would like to get a some suggestions on some tried and tested app.

Thanks!
Old 28th October 2012, 21:48   #12126
BHPian

Guys the Micromax A110 got launched yesterday! The specs seem pretty good for the price. Anyone saw it in flesh?
I looked for reviews but found only 1 on youtube, and its pretty crap because the guy reviewed the ICS OS and not exactly the phone!

I was considering buying an Xperia Tipo, but now I think I'll get this one if I like it.

Micromax users, how's the reliability of your phones? I'll expect this to last atleast a year.

Btw here's a nice unboxing video :

Old 29th October 2012, 00:00   #12127
Senior - BHPian

Any good (free) business card sharing app for Android?
Old 29th October 2012, 07:24   #12128
Senior - BHPian

Finally upgraded my Def to the latest Quarx build (27/10). The upgrade was seamless.
Just installed the zips, wipe cache and dalvik before and after and rebooted. All data and settings are intact.

I had an issue with screen not coming on after dialing a number - most likely proximity sensor issue. Cleaned the phone again and changed one setting to keep screen on.
Will observe more.
Old 29th October 2012, 08:14   #12129
BHPian

I am looking for an Android mobile for my wife in the range of 20K-25. She needs a good camera, at least 8 MP, dual core and 1GB RAM.
I have an S2, so don't want to get another S2. Was looking at Atrix-2 and Razr on flipkart.
Has anyone used the Razr? Seems really well specked. Is there any other mobile i can check out in that range? I have looked at Xperia series but most of them have either 12.MP camera and are priced around 28K or have about 5MP camera. So was confused.

I checked on XDA for dev support for Razr. Found a section for Razr - i. Is it the same one as Razr in India? Also, on flipkart, it says No FM for Razr? Is there a way to get it ?

I want to book this one but want to be sure its good. Its available for 22K. So seems good VFM.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 29th October 2012 at 08:21.
Old 29th October 2012, 08:15   #12130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Any good (free) business card sharing app for Android?
I just do it via whatsapp, with whoever uses it. Otherwise email or blue tooth or nfc
Old 29th October 2012, 08:50   #12131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Finally upgraded my Def to the latest Quarx build (27/10). The upgrade was seamless.
Just installed the zips, wipe cache and dalvik before and after and rebooted. All data and settings are intact.

I had an issue with screen not coming on after dialing a number - most likely proximity sensor issue. Cleaned the phone again and changed one setting to keep screen on.
Will observe more.
Even I faced the same issue on JB build. Apart from the poor battery and intermittent data connectivity problem. None of these three got addressed in subsequent nightly builds, so I decided to chuck it out altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I just do it via whatsapp, with whoever uses it. Otherwise email or blue tooth or nfc
Whatsapp is relevant only if the other person is already on your contact list. What about if you have just met someone and need to quickly exchange info?

Email sends the vcard as attachment and not everyone on Android has push email active 24x7. Though this method is effective for sharing it with BB users.

Bluetooth is a very long process - switching it on, pairing, sending etc. The window of opportunity when exchanging Business Card, esp. in a conference or networking meet, is very small. One cannot afford to waste time on unnecessary technical steps.

NFC? You must be joking / trying to show off! How many NFC capable phones are out there in circulation? More importantly, how many people know about it / how to use it? I'm yet to come across a single person who knows whether his/her phone has NFC!

Boss, I'm looking for a simple SMS based/stand alone solution which gets the contact info directly into the other person's phone without unnecessary steps. He can then save it without hassle. Remember the business card functionality in old-gen, no-frills Nokia?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 29th October 2012 at 09:00.
Old 29th October 2012, 10:27   #12132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The window of opportunity when exchanging Business Card, esp. in a conference or networking meet, is very small. One cannot afford to waste time on unnecessary technical steps.
What works for me is Linkedin. Just send a request and both of you would find contact info in phone's contacts once that is accepted. Both Linkedin and facebook can mix online contacts with phonebook.

With that, if your contact changes email ID/phone etc it will automatically be updated on phone by app.

EDIT:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=958778

This app can send vcards as SMS.

Last edited by NetfreakBombay : 29th October 2012 at 10:29.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:07   #12133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I faced the same issue on JB build. Apart from the poor battery and intermittent data connectivity problem. None of these three got addressed in subsequent nightly builds, so I decided to chuck it out altogether.
The issue is surely with relation to the proximity sensor. I sometimes have to swipe on top of the proximity sensor and the screen comes back on.
Maybe I will have to reinstall the zip.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:08   #12134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Guys the Micromax A110 got launched yesterday! The specs seem pretty good for the price. Anyone saw it in flesh?
I looked for reviews but found only 1 on Youtube, and its pretty crap because the guy reviewed the ICS OS and not exactly the phone!
Thanks for the headsup! I might just go for this. The A90 has been out of stock for months now!!
Old 29th October 2012, 11:23   #12135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I looked for reviews but found only 1 on Youtube, and its pretty crap because the guy reviewed the ICS OS and not exactly the phone!
Are you talking about the guy from Gadgets Portal? Reviews from this guy are fun to hear.

BTW... Available at Saholic at Rs.9999.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks