Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2013, 06:49   #13471
Senior - BHPian

CM,
Did you try Nexus Root tool kit to UN brick the phone ?
Old 12th January 2013, 08:00   #13472
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Announcing the sad demise of my Galaxy Nexus. Hard bricked.

I was setting up my new WiFi router at home, and wanted my phone to connect to it so I took it and turned the Wifi on from the default power widget. As the wifi was getting turned on, I entered phone settings -> Wifi and the phone froze.

Waited for about 2 minutes, no change. Pressed the power button for about 10 seconds, still no change. Then I pulled the battery out.

The phone never turned on again after that. Can't enter bootloader, can't charge. Whenever I press the power button long enough, or put the phone for charge, it is getting slightly warmed up near the power button that's all.

I think there is some hardware damage, and it cannot be brought back to life. There goes 21.5 K INR down the drain. Seriously pissed with Samsung.
Check battery voltage with multimeter. Ensure it is more than 4.0v

Else there is another method on XDA like jump starting the car
Old 12th January 2013, 08:46   #13473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
i'm planning to get the a110 but most shops i see don't offer a demo.
it is a vfm phone which came into consideration as i don't want to burden a nonprofit whose work i do on voluntary basis. it has become necessary to get a number for their sake. I have not "yet" used an android.

Does the lesser pixel density let down although it's not too less?

What about build quality?

how is the user interface?

what about rooting and updates?

Could not find anything bad about it written anywhere on the net. Any view points on the above as i noticed a few users here and is generally recommended.

thanks
The 196 ppi level is a big let down. What is the use of the big screen if it does not look good? The radiation (SAR) value for this phone is low 0.55 which is a thumps up. Only thing is, I hope they put on real SAR values and do NOT fool people by printing random value.

Even I am stuck with a thought of getting this phone for my FIL but then I am a spoiled brat having 267 ppi display of my mere 8500/- DELL XCD35 phone. When I used my friend's Galaxy Ace, the display was crappy to say the least. It had 165 ppi, so the A110 would be only marginally good. If you are not bothered about having pixalation around the icons, go ahead.
Old 12th January 2013, 13:47   #13474
BHPian

Hey guys I need a case/cover for my Nexus 4.Any suggestions on where I can look for them here in India??
Old 12th January 2013, 14:43   #13475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Check battery voltage with multimeter. Ensure it is more than 4.0v

Else there is another method on XDA like jump starting the car
Battery is rated at 3.7v right? I think it will reach 4.0 volts only when it is charged almost full.. Could you please give the link to that xda thread?

Last edited by clevermax : 12th January 2013 at 14:45.
Old 12th January 2013, 16:41   #13476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post

Battery is rated at 3.7v right? I think it will reach 4.0 volts only when it is charged almost full.. Could you please give the link to that xda thread?
Check this out too
http://techpp.com/2012/08/22/save-bricked-android/

Did that gsmhosting thing work? I can see a man on a mission
The day isnt far when I see a post stating your galaxy nexus is back to life and you managed to suck those 21k back out of the drain.
Best of luck!!

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 12th January 2013 at 17:05.
Old 12th January 2013, 22:59   #13477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Check this out too
http://techpp.com/2012/08/22/save-bricked-android/

Did that gsmhosting thing work? I can see a man on a mission
The day isnt far when I see a post stating your galaxy nexus is back to life and you managed to suck those 21k back out of the drain.
Best of luck!!
Thanks for the linkys, I will give the resistor method a try, since it is completely unresponsive. If this can put my phone into download mode, I shall give it a try with Odin.

I managed to lose my simcard today So now I can't even use another phone. Let me get a taste of how life is, without a mobile connection!

Haven't done anything on the phone yet. Went to Samsung service center, they claimed they can fix it. But I did not give the phone.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th January 2013 at 23:14.
Old 13th January 2013, 00:22   #13478
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Galaxy S Duos a couple of days back after i heard that the prices had been slashes.In that 15K region coudnt really find a good alternative so went ahead with it.This is my first smartphone(and Android) and things have been pretty good till now.The screen is nice and crisp,performance is fair.It does get a bit sluggish when overworked with a number of apps running but i did not expect much anyway.I am not a game-heavy person but i do use the net a lot.I must the battery seems to be draining fast.

Some things.
1.Connects with wifi,but no net.Have read this up and yes its connecting with DHCP.Tried by changing it to static but of no avail.

Suggest for some good apps for the following:

1.A good app manager where i can see what is running,how much memory is being used and turn apps on off? The standard app mangager in settings is ok,but need something more intuitive.

2.A good news app? I tried Flipboard and Pulse but dint kinda like them.I want something which i can turn it on,set 3-4 newspapers,it collects the news and displays headlines to me in a simple crisp manner.

3.How to sync my corporate outlook account?So that i get push mail notifications?I tried the Outlook app but that did not work.

4.Any app which collects auto news also? Something that shows news from Top gear,Evo,Autocar and Worldcar fans etc?

5.Looking for a good planner/reminder.

5.Using Go Launcher and i find it pretty slick.I tried Apex also.Any other good suggestions?

Last edited by avishar : 13th January 2013 at 00:51.
Old 13th January 2013, 06:43   #13479
BHPian

Re: Motorola Defy+

I had been looking out for a replacement for my LG O1 (P500) and i see Motorola Defy+ here for around $210/- (Approx. INR 11K).

Is this a good deal? How is Defy+ in terms of call quality? Could we port ICS on Defy+?

Please advise.
Old 13th January 2013, 12:52   #13480
BHPian

Is it possible to install cm10 using clockworkmod recovery?

I'll be flashing a Rom for the first time. My tipo ss is rooted, has cwm recov and right now I'm in the process of unlocking the bootloader.

This Is the process right :
Copy zip to sd.
Boot in recovery.
Wipe data. Wipe dalvik.
Flash Zip from sd. Flash gapps.
Boot.

Or am I missing something?
cheers.

Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app
Old 13th January 2013, 14:17   #13481
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Is it possible to install cm10 using clockworkmod recovery?

I'll be flashing a Rom for the first time. My tipo ss is rooted, has cwm recov and right now I'm in the process of unlocking the bootloader.

This Is the process right :
Copy zip to sd.
Boot in recovery.
Wipe data. Wipe dalvik.
Flash Zip from sd. Flash gapps.
Boot.

Or am I missing something?
cheers.

Sent from my ST21i using xda app-developers app
Should work, does for me.

Also remember to take a backup using cwm
Old 13th January 2013, 17:30   #13482
Senior - BHPian

Anybody having any experience with Celkon mobiles ?

Celkon A200 looks real VFM. Any feedback on this model ?

Rohan
Old 13th January 2013, 19:53   #13483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Hey guys I need a case/cover for my Nexus 4.Any suggestions on where I can look for them here in India??
I am assuming that nothing would be available for the nexus 4 yet in stores cause its a phone primarily sold online. Check this out though: http://www.amazon.com/Shenit-Bumper-...otebookscom-20
Old 13th January 2013, 21:49   #13484
BHPian

Heads up!

Motorola Atrix 2 receives Official Jelly Bean Leak (4.1.2). Head up to xda-developers to download & install.

(note- not for AT&T version)
Old 14th January 2013, 01:16   #13485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Bought a Galaxy S Duos a couple of days back after i heard that the prices had been slashes.In that 15K region coudnt really find a good alternative so went ahead with it.This is my first smartphone(and Android) and things have been pretty good till now.The screen is nice and crisp,performance is fair.It does get a bit sluggish when overworked with a number of apps running but i did not expect much anyway.I am not a game-heavy person but i do use the net a lot.I must the battery seems to be draining fast.

Some things.
1.Connects with wifi,but no net.Have read this up and yes its connecting with DHCP.Tried by changing it to static but of no avail.

Suggest for some good apps for the following:

1.A good app manager where i can see what is running,how much memory is being used and turn apps on off? The standard app mangager in settings is ok,but need something more intuitive.

Ans: All In One toolbox

2.A good news app? I tried Flipboard and Pulse but dint kinda like them.I want something which i can turn it on,set 3-4 newspapers,it collects the news and displays headlines to me in a simple crisp manner.

Ans: There is this app called World Newspapers. I havent tried it myself however it boasts of a collection of over 6k world newspapers.

3.How to sync my corporate outlook account?So that i get push mail notifications?I tried the Outlook app but that did not work.

Ans: I havent had any luck myself, so if you find one let me know.

4.Any app which collects auto news also? Something that shows news from Top gear,Evo,Autocar and Worldcar fans etc?

Ans: I havent looked beyond Tbhp. But there are apps like Automobile magazine news, Car Buzz, Auto Express, Motor Trend news, etc.

5.Looking for a good planner/reminder.

Ans: Jorte Calendar

6.Using Go Launcher and i find it pretty slick.I tried Apex also.Any other good suggestions?

Ans: Nova Launcher

And then again the Android world is so vast that you can search and find more relevant apps that may interest you. So give Google Play store a nice long session.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks