Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 20:20   #14506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post

So if I add my Gmail profile to another phone who has not bought an app that I have bought, can I still use my paid for app across both profiles on the same phone?
Yes you can.
But I'm not sure about what happens when you remove your ID. I'm sure the paid AppS get dissociated too.
Old 13th April 2013, 20:20   #14507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post

I had used JB on Note1 for a long time ( the German leaked version) and also the official German one after it was launched. There are a lot of Samsung apps and services which I had disabled in that. I would su may be for gaming.
Thanks a lot sbkumar. I rooted my phone now and have installed Titanium backup also and removed the bogus apps. Lets see how good the phone performs now and how long the battery lasts. Will update tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post

No, once you buy an app, you don't need to buy it again, just download on new phone.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post

So if I add my Gmail profile to another phone who has not bought an app that I have bought, can I still use my paid for app across both profiles on the same phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Yes you can.
But I'm not sure about what happens when you remove your ID. I'm sure the paid AppS get dissociated too.

Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 13th April 2013 at 20:21.
Old 13th April 2013, 22:56   #14508
Senior - BHPian

I have successfully rooted and installed cm10 jelly bean on my Motorola defy plus and it is so much better than the old ginger bread stock rom. Loving my new 'phone' all over again. The new jb rom is so much smoother and faster than the old stock bloat ware full rom.
Old 13th April 2013, 23:02   #14509
Senior - BHPian

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Has anyone noticed lag in performance after installing the Jelly Bean update on the Note 1? Even my battery life has reduced although I did the factory reset. I used to play one game called vector but that is lagging a lot on this jelly bean update.
I just updated my Galaxy S2 to the official JB. Although the response is much smoother and 'fluid', battery life has gone down considerably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Friends,

Need help from Bangalore based members with my sis' Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

The phone suddenly and with no apparent reason keeps toggling between "Aeroplane" mode and refuses to come of it!! The phone has stopped catching any signals (radio issues?). We have tried with different SIMs and networks, nothing works. I believe the complete phone "status" section including IMEI etc is empty!

Samsung service centres at Marathahalli have refused to do anything about it.
I have heard this issue before with a friend's Galaxy S. I don't know what the issue was but they replaced the 'motherboard' and charged around 5k. Jayanagar Samsung service center.

How can Samsung guys not do anything about it? I think you should take them to task. Escalate about them to Samsung.

Last edited by blue_pulsar : 13th April 2013 at 23:05.
Old 13th April 2013, 23:06   #14510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Yes you can.
No it doesn't. Once the app is downloaded it doesn't matter from which account it was downloaded. It keeps working like normal app even if you remove the account.
Old 14th April 2013, 00:50   #14511
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Surprised to see SII Plus available at the Samsung store for 23k !! I thought it wasn't launched or atleast there was no press release as such.
It isn't a bad option for someone who doesn't like the big screen of the Grand!
Old 14th April 2013, 09:20   #14512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Surprised to see SII Plus available at the Samsung store for 23k !! I thought it wasn't launched or atleast there was no press release as such.
It isn't a bad option for someone who doesn't like the big screen of the Grand!
What is the basic difference between the S2 and S2 Plus?
Old 14th April 2013, 11:11   #14513
Senior - BHPian

Updated gapps to latest (for 4.2) b it is crashing most of the time. How is it behaving in your phones with 4.2?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130414_111110.png
Views: 538
Size:  76.7 KB
Old 14th April 2013, 19:33   #14514

Re: Samsung Galaxy Nexus HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post

I have heard this issue before with a friend's Galaxy S. I don't know what the issue was but they replaced the 'motherboard' and charged around 5k. Jayanagar Samsung service center.

How can Samsung guys not do anything about it? I think you should take them to task. Escalate about them to Samsung.
Thanks blue_pulsar.

This is a Galaxy Nexus bought from Google Play store, so not surprisingly Samsung refuses to service it. And I cant send the phone back to US to have Google look at it!
This is the reason why I would be needing local technicians in Bangalore who could possibly offer a solution.
Old 14th April 2013, 20:03   #14515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Thanks blue_pulsar.

This is a Galaxy Nexus bought from Google Play store, so not surprisingly Samsung refuses to service it. And I cant send the phone back to US to have Google look at it!
This is the reason why I would be needing local technicians in Bangalore who could possibly offer a solution.
I don't want to disappoint you but the chances of getting your Galaxy Nexus repaired in India are very less. I had a Galaxy Nexus which had gone kaput and the samsung service centers in trivandrum as well as in Chennai could not repair it. They didn't have a motherboard to replace.

So I have given up the hope of repairing it.

My new beast is coming in a couple of days! No Samsung in my life from now on! They are super plasticky and aren't reliable.

Had a play with the so called speed demon - Note II - and I was not at all impressed. Build quality was pathetic and the phone isn't that fast as claimed. The owner of the phone told me the same thing. He had to accept it as a replacement for his faulty Note I.

Last edited by clevermax : 14th April 2013 at 20:11.
Old 14th April 2013, 20:10   #14516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I don't want to disappoint you but the chances of getting your Galaxy Nexus repaired in India are very less. I had a Galaxy Nexus which had gone kaput and the samsung service centers in trivandrum as well as in Chennai could not repair it. They didn't have a motherboard to replace.

So I have given up the hope of repairing it.

My new beast is coming in a couple of days! No Samsung in my life from now on! They are super plasticky and aren't reliable.

Hey please let us know about your beast
Old 14th April 2013, 20:30   #14517
BHPian

That's the reason why I'm delaying the purchase of Nexus 4. The specs are good, the price is great, but I'm not sure whether I can use it for 2+ years without damaging the rear glass. Looking at one x now, seems good after the the price drop. Also, I'm happy with HTC, the current one is working great even after 2 years.
Old 14th April 2013, 20:37   #14518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Hey please let us know about your beast
Will keep the suspense for now, Just some keywords - Super IPS LCD2 with an impressive Ppi and contrast ratio (read 'Awesome display'), Tegra 3, Quad core, excellent build quality. :-)

It was the beast a short while back, now there are slightly better ones on the top of the price line. But that hasn't reduced the 'beast-ness' of this one in any manner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
That's the reason why I'm delaying the purchase of Nexus 4. The specs are good, the price is great, but I'm not sure whether I can use it for 2+ years without damaging the rear glass. Looking at one x now, seems good after the the price drop. Also, I'm happy with HTC, the current one is working great even after 2 years.
Your thinking is in the right direction I'd say!
2 Years? That's nothing. My HTC Desire has survived 2 years of use by me, and another year of super rough usage by wifey! Still going strong.

Last edited by clevermax : 14th April 2013 at 20:41.
Old 14th April 2013, 21:01   #14519
BHPian

@ Clevermax. I think I have guessed it. It is HTC One X Plus. Am I right?
Old 14th April 2013, 21:08   #14520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Will keep the suspense for now, Just some keywords - Super IPS LCD2 with an impressive Ppi and contrast ratio (read 'Awesome display'), Tegra 3, Quad core, excellent build quality. :-)
That sounds like HTC ONE X+. I think these days HTC is making beasts after beasts. Unfortunately company is not doing good at all. Hope their sales improve one day.

Most Viewed