Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 16:06   #14971
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Indiatimes are known for their infamous customer care with imbecile answers which will make your blood boil. Better stay away from these frauds. I had a tough time to get my last purchase to get delivered which was not less than 7 years. Try to deal with other reputed sites like flipkart, ebay, shopclues, tradus etc. Most of these have money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the item with a genuine reason.
Yes, I normally do business with flipkart/eBay only. It was a hurry situation, so had to deal with indiatimes.
Old 14th May 2013, 16:07   #14972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Hi man, I too have ordered an S4 from them after you ordered your Z. There was no news till yesterday but today I can see an AWB number. There are lot of negative reviews about them everywhere. I don't think you should wait for 30th. I tried multiple times to chat with them. Even though the response is not so good, I feel like what they say is genuine. Now fingers crossed.
Same here, there is a FirstFlight AWB number given which is not active yet. Lets see tomorrow to check if the AWB is really genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Indiatimes are known for their infamous customer care with imbecile answers which will make your blood boil. Better stay away from these frauds. I had a tough time to get my last purchase to get delivered which was not less than 7 years. Try to deal with other reputed sites like flipkart, ebay, shopclues, tradus etc. Most of these have money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the item with a genuine reason.
I usually only buy from Flipkart but this deal was too irresistible. The difference was almost 4k between Flipkart and Indiatimes. lets see what happens, now they have given a courier number which means technically its shipped (is it really is the question now)

Last edited by madbullram : 14th May 2013 at 16:09.
Old 14th May 2013, 16:35   #14973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Same here, there is a FirstFlight AWB number given which is not active yet. Lets see tomorrow to check if the AWB is really genuine.

I usually only buy from Flipkart but this deal was too irresistible. The difference was almost 4k between Flipkart and Indiatimes. lets see what happens, now they have given a courier number which means technically its shipped (is it really is the question now)
Yes thats the exact point where they make profit simply hold the money and refund after some time. You wont get any mouth watering offers from Flipkart or Ebay like this but their commitment is awsome.

Fake AWB. Its a common joke from most of these shamless smartys. I got 2 AWB followed by another which is a clear evidence of fake bill. I was told that this happens even with most of the reputed courier guys who updates lately to the system but issues the AWB which is a lame excuse. Indiatimes dont've any feed back option where we can rate them like Ebay has where the seller is always at pin point as the feedback really affects the rating. From Ebay once I got 2 Casio Edifice watches instead of one as a consolation for extending the delivery time and for 5 star rating
Old 14th May 2013, 18:13   #14974
BHPian

I recently moved to the US, and was under the impression that my Note 2 would automatically switch to the local Play Store. Surprisingly, NO!

The Play Store is still stuck onto the India-Play Store and all app prices show in rupees. In addition, some of the apps that are limited to the USA, are still so.

Any help to fix, please?
Old 14th May 2013, 18:16   #14975
BHPian

Have you cleared the play store data?
Old 14th May 2013, 18:23   #14976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I recently moved to the US, and was under the impression that my Note 2 would automatically switch to the local Play Store. Surprisingly, NO!

The Play Store is still stuck onto the India-Play Store and all app prices show in rupees. In addition, some of the apps that are limited to the USA, are still so.

Any help to fix, please?
Logout from your Google account and retry. You should also be not using any proxy server back in India.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:38   #14977
BHPian

Logging out is not possible on android. Factory reset has to be done.
Anyways, if it doesn't show in US currency after clearing data from play market, give it couple of days and it will automatically show in $.
Old 14th May 2013, 18:52   #14978
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I still can't believe this is a hardware issue This is the firmware acting up for sure, or may be my over confidence . Have you asked for 4.1.1 flash?
Got the phone back today. They said the motherboard is replaced and the software is updated as well.
Anyway, WiFi is working now
Old 14th May 2013, 19:09   #14979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Got the phone back today. They said the motherboard is replaced and the software is updated as well.
Was this covered under warranty? As per my observation over a year or so, I see that Samsung service guys tend to play safe and change the whole motherboard, instead of going to the root of the issue. 3 of my friend's had their Samsung handset's motherboard changed for various reasons.
Old 14th May 2013, 19:14   #14980
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Was this covered under warranty? As per my observation over a year or so, I see that Samsung service guys tend to play safe and change the whole motherboard, instead of going to the root of the issue. 3 of my friend's had their Samsung handset's motherboard changed for various reasons.
Yes, covered under warranty. The phone is just around 2 weeks old.

Even I was a bit surprised when they mentioned about changing motherboard. Hope it goes hasslefree from now
Old 14th May 2013, 20:28   #14981
BHPian

BIG News:

BBM going cross platform in this summer.

That's what I call 'Shooting yourself in the foot'.
Old 15th May 2013, 07:57   #14982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

Any help to fix, please?
Delete your google account from your phone and add it back again. This should work.In the meanwhile logon to gmail and update your location to USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Logging out is not possible on android. Factory reset has to be done.
Anyways, if it doesn't show in US currency after clearing data from play market, give it couple of days and it will automatically show in $.
It is possible. Delete the google account from accounts section and add it back again.

Quote:
Good news. Enjoy the phone now.
Old 15th May 2013, 08:44   #14983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I got a message and mail this morning stating that the product is shipped. Let's see if the courier details get reflected correctly after some time. But I have had tracking issues with Bluedart where the AWB number was correct was showing incorrect in their website. However, all such shipments got delivered within the expected dates. First flight normally gives you correct status is what I understand.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:11   #14984
BANNED

Quite often with a franchisee the number reflects onn the site only after a day. Also, I have one case with DTDC where the goods were shipped with a Premium service AWB but somewhere down the line the AWB was changed to a regular one. I got the scan of the former, and so was wondering, and never saw the consignment on tracking.
Old 15th May 2013, 11:21   #14985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Samsung have known quality control issues. When you return a phone to them, they also assume it's a hardware problem, so they change the main board.

In my experience, official service centers don't fix components. They replace them, so if a component on the main board it's damaged, they will replace the main board

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks