Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2013, 20:38   #15076
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
So all your measurement freaks, the http://www.shopclues.com/ambrane-por...usb-ports.html is 10.5cm X 8cm X 2.25cm.

Now you better not ask the likely error in my measurement
Thanks.

Placed an order a while back. I've opted for COD since this is my fist high value purchase with Shopclues.
Old 19th May 2013, 00:40   #15077
BHPian

[quote=diogo;3125444]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
How reliable is the website? Can you please provide a link to the code?

I have not done much research on their reliability. but heard they are reliable. I purchased Sam Tab2 from them couple of weeks back and was happy with the delivery, packing and the device I got.

Below is the link where you will find the details

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...bata-whirlpool
Thanks for the link. Sadly, I don't think they have that deal now. Will keep an eye out though
Old 19th May 2013, 13:29   #15078
BHPian

[quote=omar;3126016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Thanks for the link. Sadly, I don't think they have that deal now. Will keep an eye out though
@omar,

the deal is still on, ending tonite 11pm if you are still interested.
Old 19th May 2013, 14:39   #15079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
I went in for the Xperia Z because of the SD card expansion and the Full HD screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So if I update via Sony, do I need to back anything up or is everything automatic? Do I need to back my SMS'es, numbers?
How is the Wifi connectivity on your phones? I get about one circle and line of wifi network bar in my room which is about 6 - 7 meters away from the router. There is a 15 page thread with people having wifi issues on the Sony Support forum with the Xperia Z.
Old 19th May 2013, 14:46   #15080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post

I would not say so, the Android 4.3 update is not exclusive to the Nexus 4. Yes it is true Nexus devices get the update the first, and this update will reach the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Galaxy Nexus will get it at approx the same time.
But, some other devices will get the update eventually..
By Exclusive I meant that 4.3 update will first come to Nexus devices, well ahead of all other android devices.
Old 19th May 2013, 19:03   #15081
BHPian

Finally got hands on the S4. Bought it for my wife. India times was a decent shopping experience. Regarding the device, other than the battery back cover, am liking it. Already in love with the excellent screen and good battery life. My first charge gave a screen on time of 4.8 hours with Wifi. Also loving the new email interface. Hope the interface will come to my Note 2 with 4.2.2 update. And the gimmicks actually work ;-)
Old 19th May 2013, 22:49   #15082
BHPian

Bought Micromax canvas 2 last month. experience has been really good till now.At 10.5k its indeed good value for money.

other options i considered :-
Karbonn titanium and micromax canvas hd.
Didnt opt for karbonn as most reviews suggested that it has quite a lot of issues.
Canvas HD is indeed good but shelling out 5k extra for more ram and hd screen didnt seem worth.
Canvas 2 seemed perfect for my needs and 2 of my friends have been using it for about 6 months and are quite happy with it.
Old 19th May 2013, 23:03   #15083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
How is the Wifi connectivity on your phones? I get about one circle and line of wifi network bar in my room which is about 6 - 7 meters away from the router. There is a 15 page thread with people having wifi issues on the Sony Support forum with the Xperia Z.
Same ordeal here, but it still works and the connectivity is fast. So I don't know what the deal is.
Old 19th May 2013, 23:13   #15084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
I too got this message a couple of days back. Pretty generous on Samsung's part I feel. Have you purchased anything yet? And I hope we can purchase multiple apps (which add up to the given amount). Someone please suggest a useful app which I can make use of.
i was thinking of atleast buying PowerAmp Music Player via gift card, have heard a lot about this player.
Old 20th May 2013, 01:49   #15085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxy View Post

i was thinking of atleast buying PowerAmp Music Player via gift card, have heard a lot about this player.
I have PowerAmp. And its the best Audio player I have used. It's worth it.
Old 20th May 2013, 11:06   #15086
Senior - BHPian

S4 it is!

We bought the S4 for my wife yesterday @ 38,500/- for 16 GB.

The Croma official price was 40, 500, but billing lady made a mistake. I had 11 gift vouchers of 1k each from my company. She scanned only 9 of 11 and printed a bill of 38,500. But in the meantime, her assistant had stamped all vouchers as Used. So they returned 2k cash.:-)

Now the phone. Super sleek sexy design, except the pathetic paper-thin plastic back cover.

The screen is a sheer beauty. Full HD @ 441 ppi with Gorilla 3 glass is outstanding. The camera has interesting tricks and the improved gestures are fun.

The browsing speed is fabulous with Airtel 3G. You can swap between 2 browser windows using hand gesture and also scroll up and down. Nice!

I own a Note 2, so compred to that only things I miss are Stylus and humongous screen size. Otherwise S4 is great.

We had almost finalized on HTC ONE, but its coming to stores after 2 weeks officially.

Overall, first impressions is terrific. Lets see how it serves over longer period.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 20th May 2013 at 11:08.
Old 20th May 2013, 11:40   #15087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Same ordeal here, but it still works and the connectivity is fast. So I don't know what the deal is.
I haven't had any issues as such, and just to double check I downloaded a 700+ mb game which got downloaded successfully. The antenna for obvious reasons is not as strong as the one on my laptop due to which the network coverage is slightly compromised.
Old 20th May 2013, 12:01   #15088
BHPian

Atlast Bought Sony Xperia SP on Saturday. So far the experience is very good. Almost similar to Xperia Z and few came to me asked about is this is Z or ZL.

Can't find any issues like bad camera, viewing angles and some lagging. Seems made the right choice.
Old 20th May 2013, 12:59   #15089
Senior - BHPian

Galaxy Grand Rooting Help Needed

Hi BHPians,

I own a Galaxy Grand and having trouble with the extreme shortage of space on the Phone Internal Memory. Whatever Samsung claims, practically the phone has only 1.5 GB or less usable space and with the ever growing list of apps, I have run out of space on the phone memory.
I wanted to move the apps to the external memory, but it doesn't work with App2SD manager.
Apparently the phone needs to be rooted in order for the Apps2SD application to work.

I followed the process as per XDA.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2160671

The installation of CWM through ODIN goes fine and shows PASS.
The problem starts appearing when I try to actually Root the phone.

I tried rooting the phone using the file named "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25".
However when the use the "Install ZIP from SD card" option and select this file, it throws me an error - "failed to verify whole-file signature. signature verification failed"

There are many people who have reported this problem in XDA. But I didn't see any actual solution.

Does anyone here at Team-BHP, knows the problem or can guide me to any settings / file that I need to look into ?
Old 20th May 2013, 13:05   #15090
Senior - BHPian

Re: Galaxy Grand Rooting Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I own a Galaxy Grand and having trouble with the extreme shortage of space on the Phone Internal Memory. Whatever Samsung claims, practically the phone has only 1.5 GB or less usable space and with the ever growing list of apps, I have run out of space on the phone memory.
I wanted to move the apps to the external memory, but it doesn't work with App2SD manager.
Apparently the phone needs to be rooted in order for the Apps2SD application to work.
I might be wrong but Jelly Bean onwards you cannot move apps to SD card. Only media (music, movies, pictures etc) can be there on the card.

Apps and all app data need to be in the phone's internal memory only.

Most Viewed