Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2013, 12:56   #15196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The download link is blocked in office so I wanted to know the direct download link that I could use in the phone to start downloading the zip file.

Downloading 3.1.27 now, have you tried this one?
I've been on WIUI GB since ages. Its my homecoming ROM. Having tried all possible GB, ICS and JB ROMs out there, I can put my money on WIUI for being the most stable, fastest and holistic ROM. If you aren't in the race for JB then I'll highly recommend WIUI GB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
From the first of two recent suggestions on this thread, I have now loaded Miui on my Defy+. The UI has advantages and disadvantages over the stock Moto stuff. It is not as stable and has rebooted a few times. Sometimes it is deadly slow doing just ordinary phone work, like sending an SMS: deadly as in over 30 seconds to open the screen. Horrors!

Maybe I should move on to trying QuarkX.
MIUI V5 (JB) or MIUI GB? If it is the latter, welcome to the World of Bugs ROM.
And if you're planning to stick to GB, I'll suggest WIUI (MIUI+CM7) over MIUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Updated WIUI from 2.x to 3.x but lost Notes during the process. I backed up everything from logs to apps but missed out on backing up notes.

Any pointers on how I can retrieve it?

I had copied the entire SD card on the laptop but I reckon Notes is on phone memory.
Welcome to the club. I suffered the same fate once. Sadly, there is no way to retrieve those. Till the last version (2.12.27) WIUI Notes didn't have the Sync functionality. Thankfully with the 3.1.28 update, the dev has included that.

But I'm wondering why did you wipe data when upgrading between versions of WIUI?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 29th May 2013 at 13:00.
Old 29th May 2013, 13:23   #15197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
MIUI V5 (JB) or MIUI GB? If it is the latter, welcome to the World of Bugs ROM.
You mean the former.

I am too on WIUI GB forever now. I have no desire to upgrade to anything else. Complete state of contentment I would say.
Old 29th May 2013, 13:25   #15198
BHPian

Off late I am seeing drastic reduction in battery life of my Samsung Chat touch and type phone. Battery stats show 55% taken by "Google Calender Sync" . I tried going into Settings>Accounts>Google and disabled "Google Calender Sync" . But it seems it does not help. Any ideas what to do ... I have to literally charge the phone twice in a day .
Old 29th May 2013, 16:51   #15199
Senior - BHPian

HTC One...such a joy to behold
Old 29th May 2013, 17:05   #15200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
HTC One...such a joy to behold
Got it huh? Awesome. How does it feel to have moved to an Android phone from BB?
Old 29th May 2013, 17:15   #15201
Senior - BHPian

Feels good

Still finding my way around things

No more BB. Such a relief. Shall call you up if i need any doubts clarified!
Old 29th May 2013, 17:52   #15202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
You mean the former.

I am too on WIUI GB forever now. I have no desire to upgrade to anything else. Complete state of contentment I would say.
Sorry typo there. Yes MIUI V5 (JB) is a bug nest. But then again, when I wrote MIUI I meant MIUI GB only. Though stable, it is not official for Defy.

MIUI = Chinese ROM developer group (similar to CM/AOKP etc)

WIUI = An acronym for Wajk (dev) version of MIUI+CM7.

Even I'm on WIUI GB for long. Very stable and totally bug free.
Old 29th May 2013, 20:41   #15203
BANNED

Anybody with a bias towards the Indian brands like Spice, MMX would be happy to hear my pleasant experience with Spice.

about 15 days back, my phone got a bit of a thrashing, a minor bump, a couple of minutes later, the screen started developing some white lines and finally the screen turned completely white. The phone was under warranty and since there weren't any real visual physical signs of damage, so tried to find the invoice. Of course couldn't find it! It was bought from Saholic.com, which thankfully allows the buyer to download an invoice at any future date. So went to the service center and gave them the phone, promised to be fixed in 15 days.
now I was a bit worried since my phone was rooted and running a custom ROM, couldn't make sure if I had reflashed the stock ROM. Turns out I didn't, so the Spice service center replaced the screen of a rooted phone with custom rom and also in 10 days (better than promised)
Old 29th May 2013, 22:02   #15204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
But I'm wondering why did you wipe data when upgrading between versions of WIUI?
I had no clue I could update the new version without formatting it.

How do you simply update the version, do a cache partition wipe, install ROM and then wipe dalvik cache?
Old 30th May 2013, 02:26   #15205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Samsung phones are not known for their cameras, and Galaxy S Advance is no exception. Still, I wouln't call the camera as crappy.

I haven't used the camera much on the S Advance. I just took a test shot in the office during tea break. I clicked a portrait of my colleage and the photo looked decent to me. On zooming, we were even able to spot some grey hair on his head of black hair. He was not happy with the camera performance, since his grey hair were exposed in front of everyone.

Rohan
Well, he was quite emphatic in commenting about the bad quality camera. Possibly his piece has a worse than normal camera. Dunno if hes compared with other S Advances.
Old 30th May 2013, 07:48   #15206
Team-BHP Support

Finally confirmation on Moto (Google) X phone. Should be in the market by Oct. Going by the history of quality of build of Moto phones, they should be real good. Moto says they will do very few phones. Lets wait and watch.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-h...9/SS-2-242509/
Old 30th May 2013, 18:42   #15207
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Can anyone here help me to get back to stock ROM on my HTC One V. I rooted my phone, installed a custom rom, unlocked the boot loader, with the help of a friend. As, I am still a noob in all this.

Now, Issue is this ROM has some serious bugs, Earlier everything used to work as desired, Lag free and all but now, GPS won't lock, which means, I can't use navigation. I can't record any video on my phone, Can't watch even 720p videos, Earlier on stock even 1080p used to work like a charm. The camera clearity is not just 50% what it used to be on stock ROM.

In short, I have had enough, now i can't bear this non sense any more. I need to get back to stock asap.

Can anyone here please guide me to a step by step process, or can suggest any DIY link so that i can work it out ?

Or what if i go to service center, will they turn it back to stock ??

Seriously need your help, please
Old 30th May 2013, 18:55   #15208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Guys, Can anyone here help me to get back to stock ROM on my HTC One V. I rooted my phone, installed a custom rom, unlocked the boot loader, with the help of a friend. As, I am still a noob in all this.

Now, Issue is this ROM has some serious bugs, Earlier everything used to work as desired, Lag free and all but now, GPS won't lock, which means, I can't use navigation. I can't record any video on my phone, Can't watch even 720p videos, Earlier on stock even 1080p used to work like a charm. The camera clearity is not just 50% what it used to be on stock ROM.

In short, I have had enough, now i can't bear this non sense any more. I need to get back to stock asap.

Can anyone here please guide me to a step by step process, or can suggest any DIY link so that i can work it out ?

Or what if i go to service center, will they turn it back to stock ??

Seriously need your help, please
Here you go:

This seems to be a good tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706070

With this method you will get the stock recovery and the stock ROM.
Old 30th May 2013, 19:09   #15209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Here you go:

This seems to be a good tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1706070

With this method you will get the stock recovery and the stock ROM.
Thanks alot, let me try this tonight, My only fear is that i don't end up bricking my phone.
Old 30th May 2013, 19:12   #15210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Thanks alot, let me try this tonight, My only fear is that i don't end up bricking my phone.
Do take a backup of your SD card before starting.

Also make sure your contacts and all are safely backed up to the Google cloud.

All the best!

Most Viewed