Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 15:24   #16066
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Check out aliexpress. You will thank me later
How is this site? Trust worthy? Also 300-400 Rs for the covers sounds mouthwatering but I hope the quality is not so bad that it gives away in less then a month.
Old 21st August 2013, 17:14   #16067
Team-BHP Support

Facing a strange issue on my stock S3 for a few days.

Some calls don't ring at all, just show up as a 'missed call' later. I tried calling my own cellphone from another phone, and sometimes the S3 only started ringing after I'd heard a few rings on the phone I was calling from.

Particularly problematic today, I've missed quite a few important calls and have had to explain later.

I'm on Airtel 3G.

I looked it up online, and there are a lot of threads reporting this issue with US operators (AT&T & Verizon in particular with their 4G/LTE networks), but I couldn't find anything India-specific.

Anyone here facing the same issue?
Old 21st August 2013, 18:24   #16068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How is this site? Trust worthy? Also 300-400 Rs for the covers sounds mouthwatering but I hope the quality is not so bad that it gives away in less then a month.
Payment is released to seller only after you confirm receipt.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 21st August 2013 at 18:31.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:00   #16069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
I'm using the Xolo Q700 for past 2-3 days now.
Hi,
How is the phone doing now?
I too am planning to buy one. I am used to blackberries but am fed up of handsets going bad again and again. Spends most f its time in warrranty repairs and I don't want to spend anymore on the new BB10 which I find horrible VFM. I use whatsapp, email and maximum 10 calls a day. No games or apps. Maybe a bit of GPS occasionally
Would you recommend it?

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 22nd August 2013 at 12:06.
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:44   #16070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi,
. I use whatsapp, email and maximum 10 calls a day. No games or apps. Maybe a bit of GPS occasionally
Would you recommend it?
Hi. The phone is good for all of the above except GPS.

With GPS, the phone has a mind of it's own. It gets worse when you try the navigation.

Call quality is a hit or miss.

Otherwise a great, smooth phone.
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:19   #16071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Facing a strange issue on my stock S3 for a few days.

Some calls don't ring at all, just show up as a 'missed call' later. I tried calling my own cellphone from another phone, and sometimes the S3 only started ringing after I'd heard a few rings on the phone I was calling from.

Particularly problematic today, I've missed quite a few important calls and have had to explain later.

I'm on Airtel 3G.

I looked it up online, and there are a lot of threads reporting this issue with US operators (AT&T & Verizon in particular with their 4G/LTE networks), but I couldn't find anything India-specific.

Anyone here facing the same issue?
First check the Ram used. Try killing or freeing memory. Change the ringer to default or the ones that are made available by Samsung.

If nothing works then factory reset it. Had same issue in my Samsung s3 and resolved by clearing ram.
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:47   #16072
BHPian

Requesting all the experts and power users of Android share their trusted and useful list of applications for productivity suites, phone skins, wallpapers etc and clients to use for email (yahoo, microsoft outlook) along with IMs please. I did try a google search and found quite a few links for the top apps but then am not sure of how good/bad those are :-)
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:31   #16073
BHPian

My Lumia 720 screen has just shattered and I look forward for an upgrade.
Help me choose between Xperia ZL and Samsung Note 2 ? Which one ?
I don't have the budget to go for an S4 or HTC one or Xperia Z though I love them all.
Thanks in advance
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:03   #16074
Senior - BHPian

I again got an Update Notification for Android 4.3 on my GNex today. Approx size of 1.7MB. Did anyone else get it. Dont see any change post the update.
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:51   #16075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
Have note used the Note 2, but I am probably the only ZL user on here, have had one for a little over 3 months now.

Positives
Looks like a million bucks
Comes with all the bells & whistles of the current 2013 crop of phones, this does not mean I make use of even half the hardware though.
Fantastic signal strength
Dedicated camera key
Good call quality
Decent battery life - lasts until 7 - 8 pm with very heavy email usage and moderate voice calls
Compact design for a 5" screen, almost usable by one hand
LED light on the lower bezel - nice touch
Super quick processor - Games like Real Football & RR3 work are no hard task
Exclusivity - Not that I really care, but still a positive.

Negatives
Picture quality - Camera is not bad, but could have been better considering Sony has a fully blown vertical for imaging hardware. Sometimes I get a perfect shot in the first click, but I usually take 3 or maybe 4 pictures to get that really perfect one.
Viewing angles - I personally prefer this negative as it gives me privacy whilst in public places
Screen - Whilst the ZL boasts of a 441 ppi, the colors are sometimes not the most accurate, especially the darkey shades. The blacks for eg look more grayish.
Slightly weak Wifi signal - the only time the indicator fills up to the top is when I'm within 3 meters from the hub. This could be vague calibration of the signal though, as the download speeds are fine even on 2 bars out of 4 for the Wifi connectivity.
Speaker volume could be louder
Scanty after sales service network compared to Samsung
Tiny software glitches, for e.g. have had the speaker / mike go kaput a couple of times in 3 months, only to work fine after restarting the device

Last edited by manson : 23rd August 2013 at 19:58.
Old 23rd August 2013, 20:36   #16076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Have note used the Note 2, but I am probably the only ZL user on here, have had one for a little over 3 months now.
Sir,
Thank you for the feedback on Xperia ZL.
I am probably going to join the ZL owners club soon.
Old 23rd August 2013, 20:45   #16077
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I shifted to ZR from Atrix. Surely the phone does not get heated up as its claimed (I am a regular office user like 2 mail accouts, FB, G+, Linked In to sync etc). It does get warm if 3G or Wifi is being used continuously. And Tasker coding makes it work even better. Very decent camera (Not in the Lumia 9XX league, but still very good I would say)

I noticed on Sony India site that they have a 4.2 Update dated end July. However no OTA notifications have come up. As per Sony support update via OTA or via PC/MAC would only be possible after the phone gets a notification.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd August 2013 at 20:49.
Old 24th August 2013, 13:05   #16078
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have a query related to google contacts. I have a set of contacts from my BB synced with my outlook. I exported them from outlook and imported them into my Gmail. worked well.

But now i noticed there are 2 sets of contacts in my Gmail
1. My Contacts (478)
2. Imported 24/08/2013 (380)

How can i merge these 2 into 1? I tried the Find & merge duplicates and what ever duplicates existed are merged. Basically what i want now is just to have one set of contacts. The ones i imported from my outlook (380). Can i delete all the ones in "MY CONTACTS" and import the ones from outlook and have that as my primary contact list?

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-my-contacts.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-imported.jpg

A little confused here.
Old 24th August 2013, 14:43   #16079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I would also suggest that you check out www.obostore.com , I got this suggestion from a fellow BHPian from this thread itself. Have bought multiple items in 2 to 3 different orders. This site accepts paypal as well. Only downside? Shipping takes about 3 weeks.
Old 24th August 2013, 14:56   #16080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishnuNarayanan View Post
My Lumia 720 screen has just shattered and I look forward for an upgrade.
I don't have the budget to go for an S4 or HTC one or Xperia Z though I love them all.
Thanks in advance
Samsung phones are recently seen to have motherboard complaint with many of the models. I've personally seen a galaxy duos, note2 and Grand with motherboard complaint. With popularity it seems that Samsung is losing quality. Personally I feel the look and feel of ZL is far better than the plastic like Samsung note2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I again got an Update Notification for Android 4.3 on my GNex today. Approx size of 1.7MB. Did anyone else get it. Dont see any change post the update.
It's just a security update. You should notice a build number change from JWR66V to JWR66Y.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks