Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 16:31   #16126
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I had Purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 in January.
It came with ICS but after 3 months I also got an upgrade to JB.
It was an enjoyable experience till some 2 months ago.
The Voice command used to initiate itself automatically and the lady inside used to ask me "What would you like to do?" at odd hours.Even the Driving mode used to activate itself automatically.
Is the "Home" key option in S-voice enabled. Just check, S-voice - settings? I suspect it since the voice commands are activated randomly. If this option is enabled, a double press on your home key will result in activating S voice. Now if the home key is shot, this might happen. Also, phone shows charging on its on leads to some issues with your USB port.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th September 2013 at 17:38. Reason: Please dont quote entire long post for short reply. Also avoid the smileys in quote. Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 16:42   #16127
BHPian

T-bhpians,

My friend recently bought a Xolo Q800 which runs Jelly Bean 4.1.2. And once he got an SD Card all the Apps were transferred to the Card.

Since he wanted to clear all the junk on the phone he did a factory reset and post that the Apps on the SD Cards are missing. The data on the phone & card are intact and the some root files of the Apps can be seen to using the File explorer.

I guess the Factory Reset works like a System Restore in Windows and it might be a case of the App associations getting lost. Is re-downloading the Apps the only option? Or is there any workaround for this?

TIA
Lloyd
Old 29th August 2013, 11:19   #16128
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I have an Android tablet (iBall Slide) as well as an Android phone (S Duos), and I am searching for an app which will allow me to view NEF files (from my Nikon D40) onto these devices (preferably the tablet).

I should be able to browse the images, one by one, and delete any which I don't want. Ability to convert the images from NEF to JPEG or PNG, rotating and cropping the image would be a nice to have extra feature. I am not looking at anything above this.

Free app would be better, however I don't want ads.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:52   #16129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Hi guys, I have an Android tablet (iBall Slide) as well as an Android phone (S Duos), and I am searching for an app which will allow me to view NEF files (from my Nikon D40) onto these devices (preferably the tablet).

I should be able to browse the images, one by one, and delete any which I don't want. Ability to convert the images from NEF to JPEG or PNG, rotating and cropping the image would be a nice to have extra feature. I am not looking at anything above this.

Free app would be better, however I don't want ads.

Search for Rawvision on play.
Its paid, but will provide you other options too.
Old 29th August 2013, 14:52   #16130
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, Im having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy R since yesterday. When I start my phone I get a whole set of pop ups including

Unfortunately Google Account Manager / Calendar Storage / Google Play Sevices (and many more) has stopped
Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gaps / acore has stopped

I checked for this problem on the internet and http://bombshelltech.wordpress.com/2...ge-1/#comments the problem lies with enabling the Download Manager (under Applications).

When I go to Settings -> Applications -> All, I get the acore message and then the phone switches off by itself. Sometimes this happens before I reach the All tab. I was able to reach the Download Manager entry only once in over 50 attempts and disabled it but before I could reenable it the phone switched off. Any suggestions?

Last edited by neil.jericho : 29th August 2013 at 14:54.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:05   #16131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Guys, Im having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy R since yesterday. When I start my phone I get a whole set of pop ups including

Unfortunately Google Account Manager / Calendar Storage / Google Play Sevices (and many more) has stopped
Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gaps / acore has stopped

I checked for this problem on the internet and http://bombshelltech.wordpress.com/2...ge-1/#comments the problem lies with enabling the Download Manager (under Applications).

When I go to Settings -> Applications -> All, I get the acore message and then the phone switches off by itself. Sometimes this happens before I reach the All tab. I was able to reach the Download Manager entry only once in over 50 attempts and disabled it but before I could reenable it the phone switched off. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Your best bet would be to do a factory reset. However please note you will lose all your apps and data. (please back them up).
The problem maybe due to a conflict in apps. not sure.

Hope you are on stock rom and not rooted/custom roms etc.
Old 29th August 2013, 16:32   #16132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Hello,

Your best bet would be to do a factory reset. However please note you will lose all your apps and data. (please back them up).
The problem maybe due to a conflict in apps. not sure.

Hope you are on stock rom and not rooted/custom roms etc.
Hey sanjbmw2001, thanks for your inputs. I was hoping I wouldnt have to do a factory reset but wanted to check - given the nature of the problem, should I do a factory reset myself or should I go to the Samsung centre and get it done by them?
Old 29th August 2013, 16:45   #16133
BHPian

Quote:
Hey sanjbmw2001, thanks for your inputs. I was hoping I wouldnt have to do a factory reset but wanted to check - given the nature of the problem, should I do a factory reset myself or should I go to the Samsung centre and get it done by them?
Hello Neil,

I can give you two options.

1) If you can give me some time I can try and find a resolution for you without doing a factory reset.
2) You can do the factory reset on your own. It is pretty simple.

If you do not want to do a factory reset (coz of lose of apps and data) you can download titanium backup from the play store and backup your data. Once the factory reset is done you can then restore the data. However bear in mind that the free version of titanium you can only restore one app+data at a time. This can become tedious if you have hundreds of apps.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Sun'J
Old 29th August 2013, 17:42   #16134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Hello Neil,

I can give you two options.

1) If you can give me some time I can try and find a resolution for you without doing a factory reset.
2) You can do the factory reset on your own. It is pretty simple.

If you do not want to do a factory reset (coz of lose of apps and data) you can download titanium backup from the play store and backup your data. Once the factory reset is done you can then restore the data. However bear in mind that the free version of titanium you can only restore one app+data at a time. This can become tedious if you have hundreds of apps.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Sun'J
Hey Sun'J,

Im using my Galaxy Tab 2 as my phone right now so Im ok with waiting to find a solution that doesnt involve a reset. I too am scouring the internet to find a way out but Im not really an Android expert so progress is a little slow. If you could help me with a work around it would be more than fantastic.

The only problem I foresee with the Titanium backup option is that I am unable to access Play Store. I keep getting those pesky popups when I click on Play Store and it never actually reaches the application. Worst case, if I have to do a reset, Im fine with it as I think my contacts and SMSs are anyways backed up and synced with my tablet.
Old 30th August 2013, 09:00   #16135
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sun'J,

Im using my Galaxy Tab 2 as my phone right now so Im ok with waiting to find a solution that doesnt involve a reset. I too am scouring the internet to find a way out but Im not really an Android expert so progress is a little slow. If you could help me with a work around it would be more than fantastic.

The only problem I foresee with the Titanium backup option is that I am unable to access Play Store. I keep getting those pesky popups when I click on Play Store and it never actually reaches the application. Worst case, if I have to do a reset, Im fine with it as I think my contacts and SMSs are anyways backed up and synced with my tablet.
Hello Neil,

My advice is to do a complete factory reset. The solutions on the net are not robust enough to be suggested. I understand you lose data and apps but at least you have a working phone.
If you do choose the factory reset method please try to do it with the hardware keys rather than the built in reset in the OS.
Old 30th August 2013, 15:21   #16136
BHPian

Guys please suggest some good phone under 16000. I just want that the phone should be smooth and should not lag while playing games or scrolling through menus.
Old 30th August 2013, 15:50   #16137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys please suggest some good phone under 16000. I just want that the phone should be smooth and should not lag while playing games or scrolling through menus.
Please check this link: Nexus4 8 GB

You can get the price further down by using coupons. I know it's a bit above the price mentioned by you, but I can vouch for the quality and reliablity of this device. I'm using a 16GB version of this device, and am totally in love with it.

The next best choice would be Sony Xperia L.
Old 30th August 2013, 16:10   #16138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post

You can get the price further down by using coupons. I know it's a bit above the price mentioned by you, but I can vouch for the quality and reliablity of this device. I'm using a 16GB version of this device, and am totally in love with it.

Seconded. Using N4 myself and its the best phone i have used till now.
Old 30th August 2013, 17:09   #16139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post

Where can I get coupons. Can you help?
EDIT: does this particular link on ebay come with Warranty?

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 30th August 2013 at 17:12.
Old 30th August 2013, 17:18   #16140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Where can I get coupons. Can you help?
EDIT: does this particular link on ebay come with Warranty?
The ebay posting says "LG Warranty" below the item description.

I usually use my HDFC Platinum Card for purchases on ebay, and get a flat 7% off on all purchases. I'm not sure if I can post the coupon code directly here. You can google for "ebay coupon India" and get some good valid coupons.

Most Viewed