Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 18:59   #16246
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Normally the phone shouldn't take over 2-3 hours to full charge. The rate of charge should be roughly a little more than 1% increase in battery level every 2 mins or something like that. It's noticeable.
Thanks for the advice. I allowed the phone to drain till about 15%. After that i have put it on charging.
In the past 4hrs it has gained about 72% battery. So i'm assuming the phone is back to normal now?
Whenever something goes wrong with the phone, i get an anxiety attack!
Old 15th September 2013, 19:26   #16247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Thanks for the advice. I allowed the phone to drain till about 15%. After that i have put it on charging.
In the past 4hrs it has gained about 72% battery. So i'm assuming the phone is back to normal now?
Sorry mate, the rate of charge is definitely not what it should be. A 57% gain in 4 hours isn't normal man. Trust me. Observe and see how it goes for the next week or so and then have it checked. Initially this problem crops up like this and gets worse.
Also, try and fiddle with the part of the wire which goes into the phone. like shift and twist it a little like you would when there is a loose connection and see if it makes a difference? That's how I charge my bloody phone everyday, hit and trial basis.

OT- I don't get anxiety,I abuse the hell out of Samsung in my head and remember all those who told me to avoid the S3 because of build quality. that aside, its a great phone.
Old 15th September 2013, 19:40   #16248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Samsung S III is taking awfully long time to charge!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Hello PPS
I have had the Samsung S3 since 7 months too and I have been facing the same problem
Most probably, it is a charger problem.

Install the following app. Put your phone in charging and check if your charger is giving proper 1000 (or 999) mAh.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngcurrent.free

I found this app very useful to measure how much power your USB ports give like TV's, Computer's, laptop's usb ports.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 15th September 2013 at 19:43.
Old 15th September 2013, 21:31   #16249
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine faced a similar problem with his Note 2. Turned out to be a faulty USB/charger wire.
Old 15th September 2013, 23:34   #16250
BHPian

Quote:
Also check if you have any background apps that wont let your phone go in deep sleep mode! I had this problem with the S3 when i installed Megapolis with a bad update and it would take longer to charge the phone
Old 16th September 2013, 15:42   #16251
Senior - BHPian

Please help me decide between
1) Lemon A4,
2) Wickedleak Wammy Z Plus (Only available on www.wickedleak.org) What is the delivery time in case of this phone if ordered through its website?
3) iBall 4.7G Cobalt,
4) iBerry Auxus Nuclea N1

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2013, 17:11   #16252
Team-BHP Support

And then there were no secrets: http://blogs.computerworld.com/andro...password-world
Old 16th September 2013, 18:09   #16253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Please help me decide between
1) Lemon A4,
2) Wickedleak Wammy Z Plus (Only available on www.wickedleak.org) What is the delivery time in case of this phone if ordered through its website?
3) iBall 4.7G Cobalt,
4) iBerry Auxus Nuclea N1

Thanks.
I would say Gionee has good after sales as compared to these companies. Checkout Gionee Elife E3 and E5.
Old 17th September 2013, 13:35   #16254
BHPian

Any Sony XperiaL or Sony XperiaM users, my Moto Defy+ broke down last week and looking for new mobile.
Old 17th September 2013, 13:42   #16255
BHPian

Reposting this since no response for the past 2 days:
Among the slightly lower cost android phones, What is the feedback on Karbonn Titanium S2? Specs look very fine and feedback on flipkart site also does not have major negative feedback. Would like to know BHP' ians experience.
Old 17th September 2013, 14:00   #16256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Any Sony XperiaL or Sony XperiaM users, my Moto Defy+ broke down last week and looking for new mobile.
I am not a Xperia M user, but recently helped a friend buying one. He is extremely happy with the phone. The over all performance and the price is spot on. Since he isnt a very heavy user and uses only EDGE and wifi when at home, he gets decent 30 to 40 hrs battery life. Been over a 10 days since he got it, and main apps he uses are whatsapp, gmail, viber, Hangout, Pulse, soundcloud. He hardly ever plays a game on it.

And the processor and all is pretty decent at the ₹13k price point.

Since he had a limitation of budget of ₹15k and screen size 4", this one worked out best for him.

Regards,
Old 17th September 2013, 14:26   #16257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
Reposting this since no response for the past 2 days:
Among the slightly lower cost android phones, What is the feedback on Karbonn Titanium S2? Specs look very fine and feedback on flipkart site also does not have major negative feedback. Would like to know BHP' ians experience.
I have a Karbonn A30 I bought in March.
It has a 6 inch screen and 512 MB RAM, came pre-loaded with Android 4 (ICS).

Most specs match with Titanium S2, except that S2 has android 4.1 by default.
The phone is seriously so so. There are no negatives as such. You get what you pay for!

But, w.r.t other (bigger) phones, features lacking:
1. Bad camera. 8 MP rarely shoots good images.
2. Bad sound quality. Speakers get meeker with time.
3. No firmware upgrade supported by Karbonn. I have rooted my phone after having waited for Jelly Bean update so long. Would install custom ROM soon.
4. Doesn't have a dedicated GPS chip, rather makes use of A-GPS. I am a tourer and A-GPS doesn't lock my position at all at times when my humble Samsung Omnia with a dedicated chip does it.
Old 17th September 2013, 15:03   #16258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The max rated current acceptable by these phones is around 2A. So a 500mA charger will charge slower. However, a 5A capable charger will charge same as 2A rated charger
A charger connecting to the device Via USB2.0 cannot pump more 500mA. Because thats the max rating for USB2.0. (1 unit of 100 mA and a max of 5 units I think). So they may not even make a 2A charger because USB interface wont be able to handle it. USB 3 I think handles a max of 900mA. (6x150)

Thats why many of those big portable hard disks have multiple USB2.0 connections, which are slowly changing to single USB3 connection. But if you have multiple USB connections, then what you say is true. But in phones, its only a single USB connection.

Last edited by ampere : 17th September 2013 at 15:07.
Old 17th September 2013, 15:06   #16259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks for the link.

Sheesh, there's no end to privacy rape these days. I feel like becoming a Luddite and heading for the hills.

That option is off in my Android phone, thankfully. Someone also pointed out that Google knows all my contact info. I checked my Gmail account, not so; I remember when first setting up the phone, there was an option not to share contact info with my Gmail account. My Gmail account is mostly dormant because YMail is my primary email account. Even there, it has only about 20 odd email IDs stored as opposed to some 700+ contacts in my phone.

How long I can hang on to the last bits of privacy is the question, not if!
Old 17th September 2013, 15:07   #16260
Senior - BHPian

After installing CM10 on my Xperia arc S, the battery drains very fast. I hardly make 2 or 3 calls per day, data very rarely and is almost zero in the morning

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks