Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 09:29   #16291
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Actually I am planning to get it from Dubai. As you said both are similar but still which one is better.
Old 18th September 2013, 09:29   #16292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If budget is not an issue, go for S4 mini.
S4 mini in my opinion is over priced for its hardware specs (Dual Core 1.7G + 1.5GB RAM, 8MP Camera). The only positive is AMOLED. Compared to that Xperia ZR may be a better choice. Quad-Core Krait 1.5G + 2GB RAM + 13 MP. Both at about 27K.

The only downer for ZR is the VGA front camera and lower onboard memory (4GB). If not on to gaming, the phone is very good. There have been posts of over heating. But I think its not that bad. (I say this as I own one)
Old 18th September 2013, 10:24   #16293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why low possibility. If there is corrosion at the contact area, it can cause current drop, right?
I have an S3 and lately it takes a lot of time to even reachh 10% of charge with its original charger from the power source. Sometimes, this gets resolved if I remove the battery for say 5 minutes, pout it back and try to charge again.
One fine day, asked my better half to put my S3 on charge and she used her lumia 720 charger, voila, within an hour, the charge is at 100%
This has been happening recently and till date using the lumia charger. As discussed earlier, the lumia charger is very sturdy and thick when compared to S3 charger. I havent checked what's the power of both S3 and lumia. Will try to R&D on it.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:33   #16294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I have an S3 and lately it takes a lot of time to even reachh 10% of charge with its original charger from the power source. Sometimes, this gets resolved if I remove the battery for say 5 minutes, pout it back and try to charge again.
- How much charging time did you see an increase over the period ?
- How much was the original charging time with Samsung charger compared to Lumia charger?
- Are both chargers rated the same?
Old 18th September 2013, 10:38   #16295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- How much charging time did you see an increase over the period ?
- How much was the original charging time with Samsung charger compared to Lumia charger?
- Are both chargers rated the same?
With my original S3 charger, even after charging for an hour, there would be just 1 or 2 % of increase. Due to this, I have never let my S3 charger charge my S3 till 100%
But with the same time, I am getting atleast a 50% increase if using my lumia charger.
I am yet to check the ratings of both the chargers.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:44   #16296
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendation for a good app which helps you copy text from any screen and paste it to any other application?
The only app I came across is Copy Paste It, but before I pay INR 400 to buy it, want to know if there is any other worthy alternatives.

--Anoop
Old 18th September 2013, 10:49   #16297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
With my original S3 charger, even after charging for an hour, there would be just 1 or 2 % of increase. Due to this, I have never let my S3 charger charge my S3 till 100%
But with the same time, I am getting atleast a 50% increase if using my lumia charger.
I am yet to check the ratings of both the chargers.

- What I asked was, when you bought the new phone, how much was the charging time then and how much did it come down to after you saw the change ?
- You should never charge half way. Let the battery drain to say 10-20% and charge full. Never 50-60 % and take it out. Because battery has memory and the next charging cycle it may only charge to that lower level.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:54   #16298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- What I asked was, when you bought the new phone, how much was the charging time then and how much did it come down to after you saw the change ?
- You should never charge half way. Let the battery drain to say 10-20% and charge full. Never 50-60 % and take it out. Because battery has memory and the next charging cycle it may only charge to that lower level.
The new phone had no issues at all. It would charge full within 1-1.5 hrs with its original charger.
I had never faced this issue. Mornings I normally put my phone in charge from 7 to 8.30. At 7 the charge would be at 10% and at 8.30 it would be at 80-90%. I continue the same routine everyday.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:59   #16299

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys please tell me which one is a better buy between Galaxy Ace 3 and Galaxy S3 mini. I am really confused. Hope to hear soon.

Regards
Hii,

Can you tell me the price for both the phones in Dubai. Do you know if the warranty will be valid in India?

Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 11:22   #16300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Any recommendation for a good app which helps you copy text from any screen and paste it to any other application?
The only app I came across is Copy Paste It, but before I pay INR 400 to buy it, want to know if there is any other worthy alternatives.

--Anoop
Why do you need an app. Copy paste happens by default in all text type apps like web browsers etc.,
Just long press text, select copy and then you can select paste.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:40   #16301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why do you need an app. Copy paste happens by default in all text type apps like web browsers etc.,
I use a LG 4X HD. In that i can copy paste from any browser, email, etc. But i am unable to do that when i am reading something on app like Pulse. So i have to select "READ ON WEB" and then open that article on browser and copy & paste the relevant information.
Old 18th September 2013, 12:00   #16302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I use a LG 4X HD. In that i can copy paste from any browser, email, etc. But i am unable to do that when i am reading something on app like Pulse. So i have to select "READ ON WEB" and then open that article on browser and copy & paste the relevant information.
Any app which serves text as text will work. for example I can cut and paste from team-bhp.
What happens when you long press text on pulse?
Old 18th September 2013, 12:06   #16303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any app which serves text as text will work. for example I can cut and paste from team-bhp.
What happens when you long press text on pulse?
I tried on tbhp app as well. Unable to copy paste. Nothing happens even on long press. Is it possible something wrong / limited in my phone?
Old 18th September 2013, 12:10   #16304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the reply.

While I can copy paste from all text type apps, I cannot copy if I am reading an ebook (I use Cool Reader) and want to copy some interesting lines or a paragraph. If I long press when i use the apps, I do not get the copy option.
So, I was trying to find out if there is anything out there which will help me copy from any app to the clipboard.

--Anoop
Old 18th September 2013, 12:13   #16305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Thank you for the reply.

While I can copy paste from all text type apps, I cannot copy if I am reading an ebook (I use Cool Reader) and want to copy some interesting lines or a paragraph. If I long press when i use the apps, I do not get the copy option.
So, I was trying to find out if there is anything out there which will help me copy from any app to the clipboard.

--Anoop
I use Aldiko and I can do that with ebooks.
Its an OS level task. You have to keep finger on text for some time. And then text selection dialog should come up.

As for Team-BHP app, it shows you a menu. Just select "QUOTE" and then in the text box you can do text selection.
I think some apps prevent copy paste while others do not. It all depends upon the app

You can use copy paste free apps, but unless you use a root required app like
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3Dappbrain_web

you cannot use copy paste everywhere. For example facebook does now allow copy paste of text

Last edited by tsk1979 : 18th September 2013 at 12:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks