Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 14:40   #17236
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nexus 4 bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Go into recovery, do a clean wipe and freshly install the ROM (any other ROM will do too). Media will not be affected as long as you don't wipe (format) the storage. Contacts are backed up by Google, so you should get them right back when you register again.
Do you mean cache & dalvik cache wipe?

I did that and then installed the newer version of the PAC rom and then again wiped cache and dalvik cache however it was still stuck on the google logo during boot.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:41   #17237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I really wish to recover the media that is in the phone and contacts if possible.
Your photos/ videos might already be backed up on plus.google.com (assuming that this is what you mean by media).

Similarly, contacts should already be backed up in gmail.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:44   #17238
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean cache & dalvik cache wipe?
Clean Install = Wipe data/Factory Reset. I'm not sure what options it shows on TWRP, I use CMW. You will lose all the apps though and have to reinstall them. If you just want to take a backup of media before you do this, you can go into "Mounts & Storage" , mount the USB storage and you PC should recognize it. You can then take a backup of whatever you want.
Old 12th December 2013, 15:35   #17239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Your photos/ videos might already be backed up on plus.google.com (assuming that this is what you mean by media).
I wasn't syncing the media so it would be there.

Quote:
Clean Install = Wipe data/Factory Reset. I'm not sure what options it shows on TWRP, I use CMW. You will lose all the apps though and have to reinstall them. If you just want to take a backup of media before you do this, you can go into "Mounts & Storage" , mount the USB storage and you PC should recognize it. You can then take a backup of whatever you want.
I tried mounting but it doesn't get recognized in my laptop. Also, wouldn't wipe data actually remove the data?
Old 12th December 2013, 15:44   #17240
BHPian

Quote:
I tried mounting but it doesn't get recognized in my laptop. Also, wouldn't wipe data actually remove the data?
Probably the drivers are missing, check XDA for drivers and try. The data that is getting wiped is ROM data and App data. Not your media files.
Old 12th December 2013, 16:26   #17241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Probably the drivers are missing, check XDA for drivers and try. The data that is getting wiped is ROM data and App data. Not your media files.
Downloaded the new drivers and the new toolkit, flashed after a complete wipe but still no success.

I haven't tried complete data wipe from sdcard yet but that's something I don't really want to do.

I even tried changing the recovery from TWRP to CWM but no success
Old 12th December 2013, 16:58   #17242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Looks like 4.4.2 is officially out for Nexus devices. Anyone upgraded? How is it? Stabler than 4.4.1?
Old 12th December 2013, 17:49   #17243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Looks like 4.4.2 is officially out for Nexus devices. Anyone upgraded? How is it? Stabler than 4.4.1?
Didn't notice any difference on the Nexus 7.
Old 12th December 2013, 19:26   #17244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Didn't notice any difference on the Nexus 7.
Ok cause I read that the 4.4.1 had issues on the Nexus 4 and that has all been fixed on 4.4.2
Old 12th December 2013, 19:42   #17245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ok cause I read that the 4.4.1 had issues on the Nexus 4 and that has all been fixed on 4.4.2
I'm on 4.4.2 . no major differences. Whatsapp now works perfectly in the new run time - ART . not sure, if it's related to this upgrade or whatsapp's upgrade.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:16   #17246
Senior - BHPian

Those looking for Moto G, have an option to buy it from here at around Rs. 17000 (16 GB)
Old 13th December 2013, 13:22   #17247
BHPian

Quote:
4.4.2 has SMS Denial of Service fix. There was a bug in 4.4.1 which compromized the device for attacks via SMS. This has been fixed in 4.4.2. Not sure about any other optimizations/fixes.

My Nexus4 has started behaving wierd after 4.4.1 update. Suddenly the device goes to "No Service" even when it is in the coverage of good signal. I have missed so many important calls because of this bug.
I have observed another strange bug. When connected to BT headset, there is a hiss sound that comes regularly after 30-40 seconds and lasts for 3-4 seconds. This hissing sound masks the audio of the other person when on voice calls.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:26   #17248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Downloaded the new drivers and the new toolkit, flashed after a complete wipe but still no success.

I haven't tried complete data wipe from sdcard yet but that's something I don't really want to do.

I even tried changing the recovery from TWRP to CWM but no success
Something similar happened on my Nexus S too. This is what I did
Download factory image--->flash stock rom---->reroot your phone and install recovery and at last install choice or your ROM.
Its a little time consuming but it should help.
Old 13th December 2013, 20:39   #17249
Senior - BHPian

Looking to buy a new phone in 15-20k budget. Currently considering Moto G or Sony xperia sp. None of the Samsung phones interest me.
I found xperia sp with a dual core processor scoring higher in benchmarks than Moto G with a quad core processor. Wonder why it is so.
Between the 2 which one is a better buy ? Also any other present /upcoming phone I should consider ?
Old 13th December 2013, 21:41   #17250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I found xperia sp with a dual core processor scoring higher in benchmarks than Moto G with a quad core processor. Wonder why it is so.
?
May be because SP has faster 1.7 dual core processors. Don't know which quad core processor G is having, must definitely be 1.2 or 1.5 ghz, which is slower though quad core.
E.g. In PC 3 ghz dual core processor shall be faster than 2.5 ghz quad core processor.
Because speed does matter not just number of cores.
Sony SP is a bit older though faster.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks