Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 17:48   #17296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Moto X and Moto G both might debute in India in Jan 2014 . Also Kitkat was released today for Moto G.

I am getting my Moto G on Tuesday evening. Now my Question is, will I be able to upgrade my Moto G on OTA to 4.4? Someone told me its advisable to do it without poping in a sim card and do it over wifi.

Moto G getting Android 4.4.2 update starting today - http://pulse.me/s/Jv8EF

Regards,
4.4.2 is rolling out to the lucky ones bought on Amazon & Motorola.com. So you may yet be one of the lucky ones to get it on unboxing. http://*******.com/q5cyje7.

The OTA updates look for WiFi anyway. Not sure if it is first to download though, so go ahead and drop that SIM in. My Nexus 5 had a 23 odd MB download out of the box, which I could not attempt as I was mobile.

Congrats on your phone, and do post your impressions post Christmas.
Old 20th December 2013, 19:13   #17297
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Awaiting Moto G's India launch. Looking for a good phone in range of 15k for my wife. Hope Moto G wouldn't be overpriced.
Old 20th December 2013, 20:21   #17298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Anyone using KitKat on N4. I got this update few weeks ago, didn't find any useful review. Last night took the plunge and downloaded KitKat. The UI is similar and icons have been changed. The settings colours are now B&W only, which is not great. Camera has been upgraded along with contacts. Over all the UI is smooth.

Too early to tell about anything else. Hope the battery life remains the same as before. Others please share your experience on KitKat.
Yes, I'd purchased the Nexus 4 - pre-owned. And I've updated to KitKat. I can't compare though but I have moved to ART from the Dalvik. This has improved my battery life. How much battery life are you getting on one charge?
Old 20th December 2013, 20:37   #17299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Yes, I'd purchased the Nexus 4 - pre-owned. And I've updated to KitKat. I can't compare though but I have moved to ART from the Dalvik. This has improved my battery life. How much battery life are you getting on one charge?
Do you use WhatsApp? Is it stable over ART? Last I heard, WhatsApp will crash with ART, so sticking with Dalvik
Old 20th December 2013, 21:18   #17300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Do you use WhatsApp? Is it stable over ART? Last I heard, WhatsApp will crash with ART, so sticking with Dalvik
Whatsapp now works perfect with ART ( on 4.4.2 )
Infact I don't find any apps that crash on ART. All of them just works. :-)
Old 20th December 2013, 21:34   #17301
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any issue with google services hogging the battery on 4.4.2 ?
Old 20th December 2013, 21:55   #17302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Do we have any issue with google services hogging the battery on 4.4.2 ?
No issues. Infact battery life seems to be better
Old 21st December 2013, 00:28   #17303
BHPian

Moved from Note2 to Note3.Now couldnt download Emoze pushmail for android on the playstore.It has just vanished.

Friends who had S3 too mentioned they don't see it on playstore after getting the 4.3 version.

Is it incompatibility?Did anyone face the same?
Old 21st December 2013, 01:12   #17304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Moved from Note2 to Note3.Now couldnt download Emoze pushmail for android on the playstore.It has just vanished.

Friends who had S3 too mentioned they don't see it on playstore after getting the 4.3 version.

It's not present on the store anymore. The download link from their own website is now broken - http://www.emoze.com/en/support/downloads.asp
Old 21st December 2013, 06:01   #17305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post

Do a google search of emoze apk and you will find lot of sources. Download and install.
Old 21st December 2013, 14:03   #17306
BHPian

So I'm facing a peculiar issue with my Xperia Tipo. I have done the following mods to it : Rooted, Unlocked bootloader, CWM, Cyanogenmod 10 FXP 206.

The phone runs fine but the thing is that Sony had divided the internal memory (4GB) into two parts - 754 MB and 2.15 GB.

Out of 754 MB I have used up around half of it but the 2.15 GB one always shows as memory full. When I click on the storage details in the settings menu, it keeps on showing "Calculating" for each section i.e. Apps, Music, Videos, etc. I don't have any music or videos on my phone nor do I have even a single game.

I use around 10-12 apps like Whatsapp, BBM, Facebook, Instagram, Bookmyshow, Zomato, G+, etc.

When I connect the phone to my laptop I can see only the memory card (8GB) in My Computer.

Because of the above mentioned issue of internal storage getting full, I cannot send or receive images on BBM and Whatsapp and I can't even see my contacts' profile pictures, etc. Can't even take a screenshot.

Is there any way I can increase the internal storage by creating a partition on the memory card? I did read a few articles on the net but don't know which method is reliable. Out of 7.54 GB I have 6.25 GB free so I'd like to add a GB or so to the internal memory.
Old 21st December 2013, 14:54   #17307
BANNED

Do you need to mount the internal memory?
Old 21st December 2013, 22:28   #17308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
No issues. Infact battery life seems to be better
Indeed right I lost 0% over 22 Hours with wifi on and airtel 3G sim. Will post a screenshot if i find it, Copied a lot of stuffs over.

BTW I rooted it, but Its actually not needed. I Installed my camera MOD to check the quality and the pics are quiet big now. Approx. 10 MB's each!
Old 21st December 2013, 23:25   #17309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Neil,

How would you rate the P780's screen clarity and colours vs the Samsung S2(?) that you were using earlier. I also have a Samsung S2 and am eagerly hunting for an upgrade to a phone with better battery life and within 20K. The Lenovo P780 is one of the options I am considering.
Thanks.
I used the Samsung Galaxy R (the Super Clear LCD cousin of the S2) for almost a couple of years and the screen on the P780 is a distinct notch above it for sure. Compared to the R, the colours are nice and vivid and pictures look fabulous on the screen.

Now I have used my friend's S2 brieefly and I would say the P780 should possess the better screen but there is a very slight (and I think unlikely) possibility that I could be wrong. Let me see if I can locate someone with a S2 and compare them side by side.
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:21   #17310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Do a google search of emoze apk and you will find lot of sources. Download and install.
That worked perfectly.Thanks a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks