Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 20:23   #17446
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeshmakhija View Post
No, there are no additional charges. Shipping and taxes are included in the quoted price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Nope they do! Attaching a screenshot showing the same.
Depends on country.

In US, shipping and taxes are charged. In India, cost includes shipping and taxes.
Old 15th January 2014, 20:44   #17447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Nope they do! Attaching a screenshot showing the same.

at today's price, it is almost 28k there, why not order it from India Instead?
Old 15th January 2014, 22:03   #17448
Team-BHP Support

Does Google actually ship Indian device orders locally, or from an Asian hub (like Singapore)? If shipping the latter way, wouldn't there be custom duties levied, or is it all included in the sticker price on the store?
Old 15th January 2014, 23:20   #17449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeshmakhija View Post
In the US, yes they do (I got the nexus 4 from there last April).

On the Google India play store, the nexus 5 was quoted at Rs. 28,999.00; and that's exactly what I paid for it. Nothing extra. In fact I was a bit concerned, since the e-invoice said 'Google Pte, Singapore'.

Hope this helps
Thanks for that. I posted since one of my friend picked it up there and regrets doing so since she didn't save much,thanks to the shipping and other taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
at today's price, it is almost 28k there, why not order it from India Instead?
I'll be buying locally since it comes with warranty. This was the final price for my friend who bought it in the US.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 15th January 2014 at 23:23.
Old 16th January 2014, 06:11   #17450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Does Google actually ship Indian device orders locally, or from an Asian hub (like Singapore)? If shipping the latter way, wouldn't there be custom duties levied, or is it all included in the sticker price on the store?
My phone was shipped from Bhiwandi, near Mumbai, MH.

The sticker price is all inclusive.
Old 16th January 2014, 11:46   #17451
Senior - BHPian

In US Taxes & Shipping extra.

I got my Moto G 16GB Intl Version for $199 + Taxes. I paid for express shipping as free shipping for getting delayed a lot due to X'mas rush.

I paid a total for $226 incl Tax and Express shipping. AFAIK Tax in US is state dependent.

Regards,
Old 19th January 2014, 14:28   #17452
BHPian

Cross posting my query from the other Mobile Phones Thread -
Does anyone here have the Gionee Gpad G3 or Micromax Canvas fun A74?

I went to buy a Lumia 520 and these two phones got me really tempted and confused.

On one hand I can buy a Lumia for 8k and enjoy a lag free experience with a screen size of 4 inches while on the other hand I can get the Canvas or G3 for 7-9k with screen size 4.5 inch and 5.5 inch respectively.

The only thing that is holding me against these two phones is the lack of confidence in these brands and their A.S.S as well as reliability and possibility of poor performance later on

Too confused. Any suggestions? Budget anything upto 10k since I don't use my phones for a long time and rather it is more of an (ab)use

Main criteria -
Should have least possible or even zero lag
Call quality should be good
Use apps like Whatsapp, BBM, FB, Instagram, opera mini, zomato, bookmyshow. That's it. I already have an iPod touch for music and gaming needs. Couldn't care much about the camera too
Old 20th January 2014, 07:46   #17453
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one using MIUI?
Have not done rooting or anything beyond using Samsung Note 7000 as a phone and usual apps. Thinking of getting me feet wet by loading it with MIUI.

Gurus help and guide.
Old 20th January 2014, 19:18   #17454
BHPian

Need some urgent help here. I have a samsung galaxy chat B5330. The phone is slow as hell. I tried deleting the call logs, extra messages, clearing the cache using third party apps but the phone still is slow. Its a 5 month old phone upgraded to official android 4.1.2. Now i am planning to root the phone as i don't want unnecessary apps on the phone ( like samsung apps and chat on etc ) and also the battery goes for a toss due to these apps. I have no idea on how to root an android phone.

I searched the net and got many options but not sure which one to follow. Can you guys provide some links so that i can root my phone. I would really appreciate your help. Sometimes the phone is so slow that it doesn't even show the contacts on time and sometimes i am not able to pick up a phone-call as the phone doesn't respond.

Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 21:56   #17455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Need some urgent help here.
Thanks
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087316
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2087316

Read thrice, do once.
Old 20th January 2014, 23:58   #17456
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here who has gotten any microtek 6589T powered handset tell me the following:
a. Whether it lags after you load around 50-60 apps.
b. The quality of the sensors (gyro, magnetic, and esp GPS). I had super awesome GPS with my SGS3 (it locked GPS within a minute of starting, even without a SIM ever having been inserted!
c. Robustness after a fall (or a dozen).
d. Call quality - SGS3 had decent call quality, but it was simply atrocious if I used it on the speakerphone or using its OEM headsets (endless complaints by the other side).
e. finally, your model handset since that matters too
Old 21st January 2014, 15:17   #17457
BHPian

Guys,
I have a strange problem. I am using LG Optimus 4X HD for almost 15 months. The phone caught some dust from inside the screen and I gave it for cleaning to a LG authorised service station. He messed the phone and then I started having issues with range being inadequate. I replaced some PCB like unit at the bottom of the phone responsible for receiving signal (cost Rs. 1800). Now the phone started working fine and I had a different issue. When I make a call, I put the phone near ears, the screen display turns off. If suppose the phone I am calling to is busy, I want to disconnect my call so I move the phone away from the ear and the display still remains turned off. Even if I use the on/off button, display wont come up. So I have to wait till the busy tone goes off, if it doesn't, I need to remove batteries and restart phone, this is ridiculous!!!
I now observe that the phone display immediately turns off after I make a call, I am having hard time with this. I am always at the mercy of the other party disconnecting the phone :(
I never used any scratch guard on the phone so as a few forums on the internet suggest, this is not an issue with scratch guard.

Did anyone face similar issue? Will resetting the phone to original setting help? Does this look like a hardware issue? If yes, then I am more scared because for hardware issue I need to take the phone back to the LG service station and I wouldn't do that based on my last experience. Any other alternatives? Any recomonded persons to visit in Pune?

Last edited by Figopian : 21st January 2014 at 15:19.
Old 21st January 2014, 15:52   #17458
BHPian

^^^
An update. Using hidden menu (dial 3845#*880#) -> Device Test -> All Auto Test Menu Full -> ALC / Proximity Test -> Calibration has solved the problem for now. At least it looks like it has solved. However, this may be the beginning of the end of life of the proximity switch. Maybe time to replace the phone itself?
Old 21st January 2014, 16:56   #17459
Senior - BHPian

For all those who've been waiting

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_rep...-news-7617.php

I hope gsmarena has got the pricing wrong !
Old 21st January 2014, 17:19   #17460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
^^^
An update. Using hidden menu (dial 3845#*880#) -> Device Test -> All Auto Test Menu Full -> ALC / Proximity Test -> Calibration has solved the problem for now. At least it looks like it has solved. However, this may be the beginning of the end of life of the proximity switch. Maybe time to replace the phone itself?
Proximity sensor issue. If you have a screw behind the proximity sensor (on the back of the phone) which can be adjusted a bit, then you may try doing so. You will need a small screw driver which the repair shops have.
I am not sure if you phone can be fixed that way, but on my Defy, I did that and never had issues again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks