Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:06   #17476
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I added my Credit Card to Google Wallet to purchase an app on Play Store. My card was charged, and the app delivered to my phone. But now when I try to remove the card from Google Wallet, it says pending transactions will be affected.

How long before the transaction actually clears off and I'm able to remove my card info? I'm not comfortable keeping it in there permanently.
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:26   #17477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

How long before the transaction actually clears off and I'm able to remove my card info? I'm not comfortable keeping it in there permanently.
The moment you enter your card details, it verifies the card with a 50 rupee transaction that generally gets back to your account within 3 days. Maybe it's waiting for that.
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:37   #17478
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by appu.bhandari View Post
The moment you enter your card details, it verifies the card with a 50 rupee transaction that generally gets back to your account within 3 days. Maybe it's waiting for that.
I got the reversal notification from my bank within a few minutes. My wallet account now only shows the actual app purchase as pending. The app seller probably doesn't claim the transaction immediately. I'll give it a couple of days then remove the card and see what it does to my app, if transaction is still pending.
Old 23rd January 2014, 21:46   #17479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
In US Taxes & Shipping extra.

I got my Moto G 16GB Intl Version for $199 + Taxes. ... AFAIK Tax in US is state dependent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Got my hands on my own Moto G on Sunday. Brilliant display and solid to handle!! Fast processor too. Currently giving me 24 hrs battery life 24 Hrs of internet (mobile data or WiFi), display on for more than 5 hrs, Battery Saver mode put to OFF and Apps such as Facebook, Emails, Maps, WhatsApp and Flipboard on all the time.
Hey guys would you please list out the negatives or anything you didn't like about your phones? After watching and reading numerous reviews I couldn't find any big dealbreaker, except for a poor camera and a higher SAR. Most of my camera work would be for clicking journals/assignments on the phone and copying them on paper. How does the phone camera fare in this regard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Moto G launch date is tentatively confirmed for 5th Feb.
AFAIK, the launch date would be announced on the 5th of Feb.

Would be asking my cousin to bring one over from the US (New York). How much would it be for the 16GB version? Also would he face any problems if the box is unopened?

Any ideas about the A.S.S. partners? Didn't go for Karbonn/Micromax because of this. Though I feel Motorolas would somehow be more reliable than the locals.
Old 23rd January 2014, 23:13   #17480
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the Moto G for almost a month now. So far not much of an issue. I am truely impressed by the battery life. Its the best ever I have experienced in any android phone so far.

The camera is strictly average quality. Decent outdoor picture quality. The drawbacks as I see are :

1. SD card
2. Speaker quality. Normally I avoid taking calls when I am driving. But if I have to and driving my wagon r which doesn't have a BT kit I answer the call using the speaker phone. Its tad low.

Other than this I have not faced any issue as such with the Moto G. Everything functions the way its supposed to. Lag, Reboots etc seems like a thing from the past with this phone. Its butter smooth .

Regards,
Old 23rd January 2014, 23:24   #17481
Senior - BHPian

My wife is using moto g for a month. Value for money phone. Excellent battery life. I would say mini nexus.
Old 24th January 2014, 00:41   #17482
BHPian

VNC Viewer is free today (normally $10).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...viewer.android
Old 24th January 2014, 02:07   #17483
Senior - BHPian

Bought Lenovo P780; except for a big hole burned the wallet & slightly big (which I'm not used to), the phone is amazing. Excellent display & most importantly super battery power. When fully charged & under normal usage (read checking HVK Forum & Message Boards, TBhp & xBhp almost every hour for 15 times a day + regular calls + using Android apps) the battery life lasted a little over 50 hours and there was still 6 hours left.

I still haven't switched to long/best battery life mode, which I'm sure will last close to 72 hours for one full charge.
Old 24th January 2014, 05:29   #17484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I have been using the Moto G for almost a month now. So far not much of an issue. I am truely impressed by the battery life. Its the best ever I have experienced in any android phone so far.

The camera is strictly average quality. Decent outdoor picture quality. The drawbacks as I see are :

1. SD card
2. Speaker quality. Normally I avoid taking calls when I am driving. But if I have to and driving my wagon r which doesn't have a BT kit I answer the call using the speaker phone. Its tad low.

Other than this I have not faced any issue as such with the Moto G. Everything functions the way its supposed to. Lag, Reboots etc seems like a thing from the past with this phone. Its butter smooth .

Regards,
Thanks for the info man!
How many apps do you have?
Regular call quality is good?
No lag whatsoever on a budget? Pinch me!
Old 24th January 2014, 09:28   #17485
BHPian

Is there an international warranty on the Moto G?
Old 24th January 2014, 09:49   #17486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks for the info man!
How many apps do you have?
Regular call quality is good?
No lag whatsoever on a budget? Pinch me!
Hi,

The earpiece call quality is pretty good. Acceptable. Its only the speaker that isn't impressive. That could be a problem with just my handset as well. Can only confirm after other Moto G owners report.

I have used at least 4 androids in last 4 years before I got the Moto G and trust me the experience is superb. For the apps installed please c attached screenshot. I am not a very HEAVY user but ya got quite a few apps on it. NO gaming. So can't comment.

@amolbh NO sir there is no Intl warranty on Moto G purchased from US.

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1390537154343.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1390537167961.jpg  

Old 24th January 2014, 16:05   #17487
Senior - BHPian

Couple of questions on the Moto G :

1) The version to be launched in India, is it a single SIM or a dual SIM model ? The dual SIM variant was recently launched in Malaysia.

2) Is the SIM a micro-SIM or the usual SIM ?
Old 24th January 2014, 16:11   #17488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Couple of questions on the Moto G :

1) The version to be launched in India, is it a single SIM or a dual SIM model ? The dual SIM variant was recently launched in Malaysia.

2) Is the SIM a micro-SIM or the usual SIM ?
Its going to be dual sim as per the reports from gsmarenahttp://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_repor...-news-7617.php
And by all probability it's gonna be a micro sim slot

Last edited by appu.bhandari : 24th January 2014 at 16:13.
Old 24th January 2014, 16:22   #17489
Senior - BHPian

by the way here in malaysia the motoG is as good as not having been launched. There are no promos, no ads, nothing. Not even in Plaza Lowyat - not even a standee!
Old 24th January 2014, 18:23   #17490
BHPian

Good news for South Korea's android users! Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning of South Korea has issued guidelines to mobile carriers requesting them to give the flexibility to users to get rid of pre-installed apps except those related to wi-fi connection, client center, NFC and app store. Though this is applicable to all providers, apple may not be affected and worst affected will be sellers like samsung, LG, Sony, etc with lot of pre-installed bloatwares. I believe that this will percolate down to other markets too. Source: "The Korea Observer"

Most Viewed