Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2014, 16:17   #17611
gemi_kk

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Recently shifted from Apple to Android. Would someone please educate me on how to attain the following in HTC one.

- How to remove songs from playlist (Music App). If i select the delete option, the song is getting deleted from the phone.
- How can i add songs as a playlist from my windows PC. Every time i connect my phone to PC, WMP opens. But dragging and dropping playlists doesn't work.
- How to save contacts in phone. Every time, i see all the unnecessary contacts from Google Account. i would only need few relevant contacts.
- Do i have an option to change the system Font. i somehow do not like this Robotic Font. Would prefer Calibri or Samsung Galaxy's fonts.
- I would need a mail client for Yahoo. How can i do it in the system provided Google mail app? Or should i download another app for Yahoo mail ?
- I need something like Apple's mail. where in i can see all unread mails of all accounts at one place. Do we have such an option in Android?

Old 11th February 2014, 17:16   #17612
Senior - BHPian

With the immense demand for the 16GB Moto G, Flipkart is perenially out of stock.

What is available is the lower memory 8 GB retailing at Rs. 12,499/-.

Opened the site now and they are taking orders for the 16 GB. Deliverey time may take anywhere between 10-14 days.

Considering the demand, seriously feel that Motorola should have also opted for a physical distribution system as well over and above the online method.

However, Moto G has certainly taken the smart phone revolution by storm.

Would be interesting to see if Motorola considers the physical stores in the near future considering the high demand for their mobile and the notional loss they will face if Flipkart fails to deliver because of "Out of Stock" placards!!
Old 11th February 2014, 21:42   #17613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Recently shifted from Apple to Android. Would someone please educate me on how to attain the following in HTC one.
Congrats on your new HTC Android phone! Hope you are enjoying the phone...

Can answer some of your queries:

Quote:
- How to save contacts in phone. Every time, i see all the unnecessary contacts from Google Account. i would only need few relevant contacts.
Open the People app, at the top you can see 'Phonebook' with down pointer, click on the pointer, it will show the list of address book like Google, Exchange, FB, Whatsapp etc, select/deselect as per your choice.
Quote:
- Do i have an option to change the system Font. i somehow do not like this Robotic Font. Would prefer Calibri or Samsung Galaxy's fonts.
You can change the font size, not sure if you can change the font.
Quote:
- I would need a mail client for Yahoo. How can i do it in the system provided Google mail app? Or should i download another app for Yahoo mail ?
Better to download the Yahoo mail app from Google Play
Quote:
- I need something like Apple's mail. where in i can see all unread mails of all accounts at one place. Do we have such an option in Android?
I don't think this is possible in Android.
Old 11th February 2014, 22:03   #17614
BHPian

For your integrated email box, try this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.solmail
Old 12th February 2014, 07:28   #17615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
For your integrated email box, try this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.solmail
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Please use cloudmagic which is a free android application.
Old 12th February 2014, 10:43   #17616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
With the immense demand for the 16GB Moto G, Flipkart is perenially out of stock.

What is available is the lower memory 8 GB retailing at Rs. 12,499/-.

Opened the site now and they are taking orders for the 16 GB. Deliverey time may take anywhere between 10-14 days.

Considering the demand, seriously feel that Motorola should have also opted for a physical distribution system as well over and above the online method.

However, Moto G has certainly taken the smart phone revolution by storm.

Would be interesting to see if Motorola considers the physical stores in the near future considering the high demand for their mobile and the notional loss they will face if Flipkart fails to deliver because of "Out of Stock" placards!!
You can still go ahead and order. A friend of mine did order a Moto G 16GB on Sunday and according to the 'Track Order'...he'll receive it today. I think it's their way to control the demand.
Old 12th February 2014, 11:05   #17617
BHPian

I had placed an order for the Moto G 16GB and the flip cover on 6th Feb. The flip cover will be delivered today while the estimated delivery date for the phone is 17th Feb.
Old 12th February 2014, 14:00   #17618
BANNED

How do I revert my htc One to the unrooted state. I guess it will be htc ... lock and then load the standard recovery (where can I find it for Android 4.3) using some fastboot command (?). I do not want to maintain root. I also think these two steps will get me to be able to install OTA upgrades!
Old 12th February 2014, 14:14   #17619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
How do I revert my htc One to the unrooted state.
For Sprint version - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2457498
Old 12th February 2014, 14:43   #17620
BHPian

Bought the Moto G 16GB for my wife and I am impressed with the phone (Coming from a Nokia/Symbian/WP8 background).

Now folk, please help me with the following:
1. I need to restrict data usage while not on Wifi, but certain apps need to work (like Whatsapp). I tried 'Restrict background data' and disabled the automatic backups (under Backup and reset). Still the 'Android OS' downloaded around 12MB in background. Not sure what else I need to disable.
2. When i restrict background data, there is a notification message on the top that appears when I slide down. Is there a way to disable this notification, because if I touch this message accidently, the background data transfer will be enabled again, without any confirmation.
3. I could not find option to download Offline Maps in Google maps.
4. The charger that came with the phone is rated .5A and it takes ages to charge the 2000mAH battery. Is it ok to charge with a different charger?

More questions later
Old 12th February 2014, 15:13   #17621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Unfortunately 'Temporarily removed', so does not help.
Old 12th February 2014, 15:22   #17622
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Congrats on your new HTC Android phone! Hope you are enjoying the phone...

Open the People app, at the top you can see 'Phonebook' with down pointer, click on the pointer, it will show the list of address book like Google, Exchange, FB, Whatsapp etc, select/deselect as per your choice.

You can change the font size, not sure if you can change the font.

Better to download the Yahoo mail app from Google Play

I don't think this is possible in Android.
Thanks Finney.
Tried these options with contacts, still i feel some contacts missing. Not sure what it is.
Regd Font size, no. Couldn't find the option to change the font.

For Yahoo, i will try to download Yahoo App. I think, i have no choice here.

Also, do you know how to transfer playlists from Windows media player to HTC one?
I prefer to transfer playlists, like we do in Itunes.

Old 12th February 2014, 15:24   #17623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Google is selling Motorola to Lenovo. So if they will ever come to India, they will come under Lenovo flag. Though also heard that Lenovo is making their sales and service department ready to handle Moto as well.
Old 12th February 2014, 19:10   #17624
Senior - BHPian

Nexus 4 users - how much of battery life are you getting? Mine lasts around 12 hours with Wifi on for 6 hours. No games, just whatsapp and occasional browser usage.
Old 12th February 2014, 19:42   #17625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
No games, just whatsapp and occasional browser usage.
Whatsapp is a battery hogger. Try to observe the battery performance after disabling whatsapp for few days.

Most Viewed