Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2014, 00:43   #17791
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Hi everyone,
So I use a HTC one dual sim and I performed a reset on the device today and ever since that the device is not connecting to any wifi be it my home or office, it saves the connection after entering the password and the. Shows disabled. Totally clueless, performed another reset but to no avail.
However when I create a personal hotspot through my iphone using my wifi the htc connects to the hotspot effortlessly and everything works fine. Anyone has any clue about what I may be missing.
Thanks
Do you have the option to login to your router and change these:
1. The speed at which the wireless works: 802.11b/g/n. Try changing from auto to g or n. Select "forget" option on your HTC after that and reboot the router and see what happens.
2. If that does not work, then undo those changes and set the channel number on your router manually, instead of the default auto setting. Experiment with a few values.
Old 2nd March 2014, 01:25   #17792
BHPian

Another setback is that I have no clue what the user and pass are for my router....the default one's are not working hours I changed them when it was configured about 3 yrs ago... Beetel 450T1 and if I reset it what will happen to the Airtel broadband services.
P.s. everything was working fine till yesterday with about 5 other devices connected to my WiFi which still are.
Old 2nd March 2014, 05:41   #17793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpcard View Post
Another setback is that I have no clue what the user and pass are for my router....the default one's are not working hours I changed them when it was configured about 3 yrs ago... Beetel 450T1 and if I reset it what will happen to the Airtel broadband services.
P.s. everything was working fine till yesterday with about 5 other devices connected to my WiFi which still are.
Call your ISP for a new broadband password after resetting your modem. With Airtel it can be done with a phone call and Customer care can guide you with the new settings.
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:10   #17794
BHPian

Anyone using "Sim Change alert" apps - ones which sends out an SMS when the sim cards are changed to a predefined number? This is helpful to trace the phone when lost as when sim is changed & phone is restarted, an SMS with new number is sent out to your predefined number. There are a few such apps on playstore, but none of them seem to have good feedback.

Any experience with such apps & its practicality?
Old 2nd March 2014, 11:15   #17795

Hi, there is a vertical line across my Moto G screen from today morning. Didn't drop the phone. No new software downloaded. Any clues,or have to experience the Moto service
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:27   #17796
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Need suggestions/recommendations from Nexus 5 users:
Looking for a cover/case for my Nexus 5 and confused between a flip case and a back bumper case - there are tons of them out there in the online stores like amazon, flipkart, ebay and I don't know what to choose
So: 1) Flip Case OR Back bumper ? 2) Which one (brand?)
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:47   #17797
Senior - BHPian

Finally after much deliberation between Nexus 5 and Galaxy S4...

I chose Galaxy Grand 2 :-)

Nexus 5 was ruled out because of lack of expandable storage, removable battery and poor camera, and Galaxy S4 because even though it ticks all the right boxes, a marginally lower spec and a bigger screen phone (Grand 2) can be had for 10 grands less and for my kind of requirements i realized a S4 will be an overkill with its fancy features.

So coming to Grand 2 now, well it runs on Android Jelly Bean and cost me 22k after discounts. I know it is overpriced when you compare it to Moto G, but for me screen size and expandable storage were big factors, so settled for Grand 2. Not to mention a Grand 2 in white colour looks classy.

Compared to my S Advance, this feels like a proper upgrde in every sense. The huge 5.25 inch LCD display at 720p is a treat to use, and the 1.2 GHz snapdragon processor is fast - though not as quick as Vanilla android of Moto G.

Battery life has been ok so far, lasting 1 day with intermittent WiFi and youtube viewing.

Hopefully Samsung releases KitKat upgrade for this smartphone soon, that would be icing on the cake.
Old 2nd March 2014, 13:46   #17798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Finally after much deliberation between Nexus 5 and Galaxy S4...

I chose Galaxy Grand 2 :-)

Nexus 5 was ruled out because of lack of expandable storage, removable battery and poor camera, and Galaxy S4 because even though it ticks all the right boxes, a marginally lower spec and a bigger screen phone (Grand 2) can be had for 10 grands less and for my kind of requirements i realized a S4 will be an overkill with its fancy features.

So coming to Grand 2 now, well it runs on Android Jelly Bean and cost me 22k after discounts. I know it is overpriced when you compare it to Moto G, but for me screen size and expandable storage were big factors, so settled for Grand 2. Not to mention a Grand 2 in white colour looks classy.

Compared to my S Advance, this feels like a proper upgrde in every sense. The huge 5.25 inch LCD display at 720p is a treat to use, and the 1.2 GHz snapdragon processor is fast - though not as quick as Vanilla android of Moto G.

Battery life has been ok so far, lasting 1 day with intermittent WiFi and Youtube viewing.

Hopefully Samsung releases KitKat upgrade for this smartphone soon, that would be icing on the cake.
Congrats on your new purchase. It is indeed a great phone. I too upgraded from my Galaxy S advance a month back But I went for Galaxy S3. I got it 22500 from Amazon India. You could have ordered your Grand 2 from flipkart. It is available for 20900. Enjoy your beast.
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:30   #17799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats on your new purchase. It is indeed a great phone. I too upgraded from my Galaxy S advance a month back But I went for Galaxy S3. I got it 22500 from Amazon India. You could have ordered your Grand 2 from flipkart. It is available for 20900. Enjoy your beast.

In Flikart the white model is slightly expensive than the price you quoted. In any case., i also had an old Nokia Asha phone to dispose off., for which i got additional 1500 bucks off. My net purchase cost was 21150 with silicone back cover and sratchguard included.

But yes online prices are always lower and keep fluctuating day by day.

Btw congrats on your S3 . How about a short review.
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:04   #17800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
In Flikart the white model is slightly expensive than the price you quoted. In any case., i also had an old Nokia Asha phone to dispose off., for which i got additional 1500 bucks off. My net purchase cost was 21150 with silicone back cover and sratchguard included.

But yes online prices are always lower and keep fluctuating day by day.

Btw congrats on your S3 . How about a short review.
OK. I am enjoying my S3 a lot. Rooted the phone and using KitKat rom. Awesome experience.
Old 2nd March 2014, 15:30   #17801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Looking for a cover/case for my Nexus 5 and confused between a flip case and a back bumper case - there are tons of them out there in the online stores like amazon, flipkart, ebay and I don't know what to choose
I use a bumper from Diztronic, a very low profile TPU case, and not a lint magnet. Spigen and Poetic cases I have used before on iPhones. They usually have good reviews. These used to range from $10-20, but I see they are on Amazon India & Flipkart from 1500-3000. I bought the Google bumper, and it was plasticky and too awkward to use regularly.

I have no experience with flip cases, but the wife uses a Speck products iphone case with space for her credit cards, DL etc. Very snug and practical. They may have something similar for the Nexus5.
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:01   #17802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
OK. I am enjoying my S3 a lot. Rooted the phone and using KitKat rom. Awesome experience.
Which kitkat rom? Why root it? Any lag or issues you had while using stock?
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:16   #17803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Which kitkat rom? Why root it? Any lag or issues you had while using stock?
No. Did not faced any lag in stock ROM. Just wanted a change from Touchwiz so rooted it. Currently am using unofficial Dirty Unicorns. Its an awesome ROM. Also using boeffla kernel. The results are amazing. Very smooth and good battery life.
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:53   #17804
BANNED

I don't have a FB account. But the wife just created one & uses the Android Facebook app. Just noticed that when she 'Likes' something it automatically gets shown to her friends. However when she shares something from someone else's timeline, then by default it's private. While sharing, she has to click on the lock icon & change the settings to Friends or Friends of Friends or Everyone. Is there a way to make the default share to Friends so that this doesn't have to be changed every time?
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:53   #17805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I am in the same boat. Flip covers make life more complicated as its pretty difficult to use the phone with one hand after that. I am looking at a back bumper kind of cover but looking at something that is light. After getting used to the S2, the nexus 5 feels much more heavier and bulkier and I don't want to add to both of those by using an even thicker cover. Unable to choose the perfect cover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks