Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 17:38   #17821
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I am using grand quattro from last six months but did not faced aforesaid issue. Seems like some hardware problem please get it checked from service center if problem occurs again
Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post

I can think of one way to fix your problem. You can either soft-reset your phone or hard-reset it. I'm gonna go with the hard-reset.
Thanks driving_smartly and createrkid! Got some firmware update this afternoon. The description says "Improved stablity" so lets see...

I am guessing it is a hardware fault, as swiping pics in the gallery didn't solve the problem. Praying it's a software fault *fingers crossed*

Also my home key has become loose and makes noise when clicked
Old 4th March 2014, 21:28   #17822
BHPian

Guys urgently help required. My friend recently bouggt Xolo Q1010. Earlier he was using Galaxy Core with reliance GSM sim card. Now when he is inserting the reliance sim card in his Xolo Q1010 it is not getting detected. I then inserted that reliance sim card in my phone and it was detected and working. I then inserted my phones sim card in his Xolo Q1010 and it fit detected and was working absolutely fine. Nowe question is whether there is a problem in Xolo Q1010 or sim card? Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th March 2014, 21:51   #17823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys urgently help required. My friend recently bouggt Xolo Q1010. Earlier he was using Galaxy Core with reliance GSM sim card. Now when he is inserting the reliance sim card in his Xolo Q1010 it is not getting detected. I then inserted that reliance sim card in my phone and it was detected and working. I then inserted my phones sim card in his Xolo Q1010 and it fit detected and was working absolutely fine. Nowe question is whether there is a problem in Xolo Q1010 or sim card? Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.
It's most probably a sim card issue since your sim is working in it. Reliance should replace it and it should be fine.
Old 4th March 2014, 22:04   #17824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
It's most probably a sim card issue since your sim is working in it. Reliance should replace it and it should be fine.
Ok. But the reliance sim card is working in my handset.
Old 4th March 2014, 22:30   #17825
BHPian

It happens. Try a sim swap. If that doesn't work, then it's a handset issue.
Old 4th March 2014, 22:35   #17826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
It happens. Try a sim swap. If that doesn't work, then it's a handset issue.
Could you please tell what do you mean by sim swap?
Old 5th March 2014, 09:04   #17827
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please tell what do you mean by sim swap?
I think he meant getting your SIM replaced with a new one from Reliance.
Old 5th March 2014, 10:36   #17828
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get your SIM card cut in order to convert it into a micro sim or something similar ? There have been many cases when the SIM card is wrongly cut. It may get detected on one phone but not on the other.
Like others said, get a New SIM card from Reliance & give it try. Else try doing a factory reset on the phone.

If it is network specific problem with particularly Reliance Sim Cards not working on the phone, then i'd recommend you to port your no. to a different service provider, but that's like the last resort.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 5th March 2014 at 10:38.
Old 5th March 2014, 11:17   #17829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Did you get your SIM card cut in order to convert it into a micro sim or something similar ? There have been many cases when the SIM card is wrongly cut. It may get detected on one phone but not on the other.
Like others said, get a New SIM card from Reliance & give it try. Else try doing a factory reset on the phone.

If it is network specific problem with particularly Reliance Sim Cards not working on the phone, then i'd recommend you to port your no. to a different service provider, but that's like the last resort.
Yes my friend got the sim card converted to micro sim as galaxy core accepts micro sim. So there have been instances in which sim card gets detected in some phone but not on other phones? I did a factory reset also but the sim is still not getting detected.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:09   #17830
BHPian

Quote:

Yes my friend got the sim card converted to micro sim as galaxy core accepts micro sim. So there have been instances in which sim card gets detected in some phone but not on other phones? I did a factory reset also but the sim is still not getting detected.
I guess then, the Micro Sim conversion Has caused this. I'd suggest, Get a new Micro Sim from Reliance & that would solve the issue.
It would cost you around Rs.25-50 & it would take about 2-3 hrs for the new sim to work.
Do ensure that they give you a micro sim & not a regular sim which is converted to a micro sim by cutting it.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:19   #17831
BHPian

Quote:
When our office ported all the connections to Airtel under CUG, one of my colleague faced similar problem. The new sim card provided to him did not worked in his blackberry but worked in all other handsets. Airtel replaced the sim card stating that the one provided earlier might be corrupted. The new sim card provided later works fine in his blackberry.

In your friends case was normal sim cut manually to micro sim or new micro sim was issued ?
Old 5th March 2014, 12:31   #17832
BHPian

Quote:
When our office ported all the connections to Airtel under CUG, one of my colleague faced similar problem. The new sim card provided to him did not worked in his blackberry but worked in all other handsets. Airtel replaced the sim card stating that the one provided earlier might be corrupted. The new sim card provided later works fine in his blackberry.

In your friends case was normal sim cut manually to micro sim or new micro sim was issued ?
Normal sim was cut to micro sim. He had got it converted to micro sim to be used in galaxy core. Now this same sum is not working in Xolo.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:15   #17833
BHPian

Quote:
Normal sim was cut to micro sim. He had got it converted to micro sim to be used in galaxy core. Now this same sum is not working in Xolo.
Ask your friend to visit Reliance gallery and carry photo copy of ID proof along with his small photo, pay nominal charges and get a new micro sim.

Even i had cut my normal vodafone sim to micro but started facing network issues, post which i was suggested to get new micro sim and the network issue was solved.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 5th March 2014 at 13:17.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:47   #17834
BHPian

Quote:
Ask your friend to visit Reliance gallery and carry photo copy of ID proof along with his small photo, pay nominal charges and get a new micro sim.

Even i had cut my normal vodafone sim to micro but started facing network issues, post which i was suggested to get new micro sim and the network issue was solved.
Will ask him to do so. Thanks a lot to all of you for the suggestions.
Old 5th March 2014, 20:57   #17835
BHPian

My cheap Micromax A89 went kaput and I am in urgent buying situation. I am thinking of Moto G (8gb). My only needs are 1GB RAM, decent camera and music and display should be fine in daylight.

I am not a heavyduty user and use only FB, WhatsApp, Google maps, Gmail, SMS, rarely play games, music only when I'm driving (car stereo)and yeah, calls too.

Has anybody used it? If yes, would you please list the pros and cons for me?

Most Viewed