Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2014, 20:57   #17866
Senior - BHPian

Nokia X launching in India tomorrow. My neighbor has the contract for supplying the Innovas to be used in the launch promos across the city.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1394465261722.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1394465276793.jpg  

Old 11th March 2014, 00:54   #17867
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hey thanks - flashed the same on my phone using Para's File Stash. Works perfect!
Quick question. If I understood your previous posts correctly, you used the CM installer to root your phone, but that process doesn't update the baseband and it needs to done manually later?
Old 11th March 2014, 06:35   #17868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Quick question. If I understood your previous posts correctly, you used the CM installer to root your phone, but that process doesn't update the baseband and it needs to done manually later?
Yes - the CM unattended installer did everything except update the baseband. I didn't bother with it till the call quality went bad.

Since you run 4.3 (AFAIK), you should have no such issues.
Old 11th March 2014, 12:13   #17869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Yes - the CM unattended installer did everything except update the baseband. I didn't bother with it till the call quality went bad.

Since you run 4.3 (AFAIK), you should have no such issues.
Thanks! I'm already on 4.3, so shouldn't be an issue if & when I go the CM Installer way.
Old 11th March 2014, 12:32   #17870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Any bhpian got Kitkat update for S4 ? Official
Yes, installed 4.4.2 on my S4 (i9505).
Antutu used to show scores of 29820 with 4.3, which has come down to 27500 with 4.4.2
Battery life is maxy 24hrs with around 2hrs of voice calling on 4.4.2
Old 11th March 2014, 13:06   #17871
BHPian

The charging pin of wifey's rooted Xolo Q800 has got bent due to improper usage. Unable to charge. What next? Any pointers on cost? Pls advice.
Old 13th March 2014, 08:52   #17872
BHPian

Any of the Moto G users using the official Motorola flip cover?

I've read some reports that the magnet used in the case is rather strong, and is affecting the phone's magnetometer. Anybody here facing this issue?
Old 13th March 2014, 10:03   #17873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Any of the Moto G users using the official Motorola flip cover?

I've read some reports that the magnet used in the case is rather strong, and is affecting the phone's magnetometer. Anybody here facing this issue?
Well, bought both a Moto G and a 'Vivid Red' flip for my mother-in-law and had them shipped directly to her. Will check and revert but highly unlikely she would be able to add any value in this 'case' (pun intended) . Its her first touch-screen so the learning curve is pretty steep as it is!

Curious to know why would you need the magnetometer in the first place? What does it do and do you need it for work and/or play?
Old 13th March 2014, 11:10   #17874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Well, bought both a Moto G and a 'Vivid Red' flip for my mother-in-law and had them shipped directly to her. Will check and revert but highly unlikely she would be able to add any value in this 'case' (pun intended) . Its her first touch-screen so the learning curve is pretty steep as it is!

Curious to know why would you need the magnetometer in the first place? What does it do and do you need it for work and/or play?

The magnetometer is used for the compass, which can help with navigation apps in walking mode. Not really useful when driving I suppose. There are some augmented reality apps(I hear), which depend on the magnetometer as well.
Old 13th March 2014, 14:38   #17875
BHPian

I am looking for an 8" Android Tablet. The usage is mainly for web browsing and ebook reading (that is the reason i am thinking about 8" instead of 7"). The tablet should be light weight and also i prefer Android 4.3 or later (for multi user configuration).

WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS are needed, 3G is optional though. I don't play games, but watch plenty of videos. Camera quality is not a priority. Please suggest me the available options. Prefer the price below 15K.

Samsung Tab 3 and Dell Venue 8 are the one i have shortlisted now (Tab 3 is bit costly though). But not sure if Android 4.3 update available for these in India region. Please suggest me if any better alternate.
Old 13th March 2014, 17:00   #17876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Any bhpian got Kitkat update for S4 ? Official
Officially, no. Still on 4.3.
Old 13th March 2014, 17:29   #17877
BHPian

Caution !!!

I purchased an Xperia Z1 Compact - D5503 for myself last week from Cochin. The device was working fine and I was perfectly happy with the performance. Suddenly today, noticed that "vibration" was not working and tried everything including factory reset. Finally brought it to Sony service centre and they tried flashing latest firmware but didn't work either. Now my brand new device is into service center just after 10 days of operation

They promised me a new handset within 7 days. Now, back to my good old Defy till then.

Afterwards, I saw lot of people mentioning issues about Z1 Compact Vibration problems in several forums. It's a hardware issue it seems, a serious quality flaw from an otherwise quality cautious company.

As a word of caution please try to use and see if all functionalities work before purchasing this model.
Old 14th March 2014, 12:37   #17878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Caution !!!

Afterwards, I saw lot of people mentioning issues about Z1 Compact Vibration problems in several forums. It's a hardware issue it seems, a serious quality flaw from an otherwise quality cautious company.

As a word of caution please try to use and see if all functionalities work before purchasing this model.
Thank you for informing this. I am considering Z1 compact for my wife.
Old 14th March 2014, 16:12   #17879
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A friend got a Moto G 16GB from FK. Its the Indian Version Dual SIM phone & mine is a Intl GSM 16GB purchased from USA. What surprised me is the DIFFERENCE in the 2 phones. I did a brief comparison between his phone and mine and here are my observations :

1. The back panel on the Indian Moto G is more on the Greyish tone and has a matt texture compared to the Black slightly glosy back of my Moto G.

2. Screen. Both the screens were set on AUTO and mine felt a tad faded compared to his. Mine is just 3 months old device.

Next time i meet him, i will try and click pics of the phones side by side and upload them.

Regards,
Old 14th March 2014, 16:19   #17880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

A friend got a Moto G 16GB from FK.
Regards,
Well, that's a surprise. I too have both the Indian and the US (Global) variant with me. Never noticed this difference even though have kept both phones together and checked. Will check again.

But, what I noticed was that both are manufactured in China

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks