Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 08:00   #17926
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Tubemate is by far the best android app for downloading YouTube videos. You can both watch videos on it and download them in upto 1080p resolution.
Thanks. I went to opera store and searched. There seems to be many tubemate apps by different developers. There is even a tubemate pro. Which one do I choose? Any security risk associated?
Old 28th March 2014, 09:07   #17927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can any custom ROM save the Grand Duos from all the lag? Whatever you touch on the phone, it hangs. Nothing opens up without a delay. CM Mod has an unofficial ROM but it doesn't support dual sim. I don't seen dual sim, so if someone's tried a custom ROM on the Grand Duos, please let me know your experience.
Cyanogenmod is the only 'stable' ROM for Grand Duos.
I had researched a million web pages to find a suitable ROM, but they had major problems with network connectivity and calling features.
I had read in Feb that Cyanogenmod was coming out with a new version which would fix camera and dual sim issues.
But unfortunately my phone was pickpocketed in Feb. So I lost track (intentionally) of the idea of moving from Stock ROM.

Waiting for Grand Duos prices to drop to 15k level to buy it again.

On the other hand, how is Grand Duos Neo ? Anyone using this handset ?

The only deterrant for me is the Camera on the Neo. Primary Camera - 5MP; Secondary - 0.3 MP.

I am an avid casual mobile photographer and take many causal pics and selfies.
My Grand Duos with 8MP and 2MP served brilliant. Is the Neo's camera upto that mark ?

I didn't see a Demo piece of this handset in any mobile store, so thinking.

Advice.
Old 28th March 2014, 15:06   #17928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Thanks. I went to opera store and searched. There seems to be many tubemate apps by different developers. There is even a tubemate pro. Which one do I choose? Any security risk associated?
Here you go, here's the link to the tubemate site. You can download the apk from any of the links they have posted.

http://m.tubemate.net/

AFAIK, there is no paid 'Pro' version of the app. I have been using it for 2 years now without any security issues, so should be fine. Just make sure you don't download any fake apks.

Last edited by Speed.Demon : 28th March 2014 at 15:07.
Old 28th March 2014, 19:29   #17929
BHPian

Anyone here uses Sony Xperia Z Ultra?
I am looking for a tablet-cum-phone, so large size is no problem.

It is expensive, but I would gladly pay for a superior display experience.

Any feedback?
Old 28th March 2014, 21:07   #17930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Cyanogenmod is the only 'stable' ROM for Grand Duos.
I had researched a million web pages to find a suitable ROM, but they had major problems with network connectivity and calling features.
I had read in Feb that Cyanogenmod was coming out with a new version which would fix camera and dual sim issues.
Thanks! I'll try installing CM Mod on the phone sometime next week. Looks like they're yet to release an official ROM, so I'll have to stick with the unofficial single SIM ROM. Will let you guys know how it works out (hopefully I won't brick it).
Old 28th March 2014, 21:38   #17931
BHPian

I have started jogging in a park near to my home. I generally circle the park 5-6 times, but I don't know the distance I am jogging. Is there any android app which calculates jogging / running distance using GPS?
Old 28th March 2014, 21:53   #17932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have started jogging in a park near to my home. I generally circle the park 5-6 times, but I don't know the distance I am jogging. Is there any android app which calculates jogging / running distance using GPS?
Map My Walk from playstore. I am using it since last year. Excellent app. Accurate gps and distance calculation.
Old 28th March 2014, 21:57   #17933
BHPian

Anyone one looking to get rid of their Note 3? Got an Iphone 5s to trade. will be unlocking it soon. Located in Thane, MH

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...B-Sprint.html/
Old 29th March 2014, 00:15   #17934
BHPian

Quote:
Runtastic would be a great choice for this.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tastic.android
Old 29th March 2014, 06:35   #17935
BHPian

So guys day before yesterday I removed DU ROM as I was facing a battery drain issue in the latest builds. So installed Resurrection Remix ROM for Galaxy S3. The experience so far had been awesome. It is buttery smooth and got a battery life of 1d 2hrs and screen on time of 4hrs. I am using boeffla kernel for CM.
Old 29th March 2014, 09:26   #17936
BHPian

Quote:
For me nothing beats Runkeeper, have been using it since 2 years now!
Old 29th March 2014, 10:47   #17937
BANNED

Now looking forward to the MS Office (viewer) from MS on Android! Hope it is soon.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:49   #17938
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using Cardiotrainer since last two years that came pre installed with my moto defy. It's light with good features including music integration and cloud back up. Briefly tried Nike running, but found it rather resource hungry and a battery drainer. So switched back to cardiotrainer.
Old 29th March 2014, 17:12   #17939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Now looking forward to the MS Office (viewer) from MS on Android! Hope it is soon.
I don't think this is available at Play store India site. However do a Google search for apk file or find one at apk4fun.com. You may install this apk on your tab/phone. Even editable versions are now available.. Only hitch is that it will not allow save files locally but to our one drive and office 365 account only.
Old 31st March 2014, 09:56   #17940
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
I don't think this is available at Play store India site..... Even editable versions are now available.. Only hitch is that it will not allow save files locally but to our one drive and office 365 account only.
At the moment it is only on iPhone, and I am waiting for it on Android.

Most Viewed