Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 14:37   #18151
Lij
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
This is reported incorrectly. Moto G with memory card support is coming up soon. They won't kill a product which is doing so well for them, so soon.
Yes the Moto E is in different segment than Moto G.

There is already an initial hands on available for Moto E on various websites -

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motor...nds-on_id56073

Also the new Moto G will be with the same specs of the older one with added LTE and micro SD card (upto 32GB) support.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=5978
Old 14th May 2014, 14:59   #18152
BANNED

Help, Sprint htc One with KitKat

My mobile has suddenly started misbehaving. It keeps coming on and also the WiFi is not being switched off. The result is battery is not rising bout 32%. You switch WiFi off and it is back within 30 seconds, ditto full diply to standby.

What do I do? htc One has a sealed battery, so no option of a battery pull'. Restart, off-on does not help. It was Ok, then I installed and removed Truecaller. All hell has broken loose.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:57   #18153
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help, Sprint htc One with KitKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My mobile has suddenly started misbehaving. It keeps coming on and also the WiFi is not being switched off. The result is battery is not rising bout 32%. You switch WiFi off and it is back within 30 seconds, ditto full diply to standby.

What do I do? htc One has a sealed battery, so no option of a battery pull'. Restart, off-on does not help. It was Ok, then I installed and removed Truecaller. All hell has broken loose.
I noticed on my phone a few days ago, that mobile data would get enabled on its own after some time.
Some app is probably misbehaving.

I am not sure if it is easy to track this.

For now, I am using another cellphone. Will try and do a clean re-install when I find some time.
Old 14th May 2014, 18:26   #18154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My mobile has suddenly started misbehaving. It keeps coming on and also the WiFi is not being switched off.
Have you looked at log file? That should show which app/process is asking for WiFi to be on.

You can look at log file with

1. logcat command on phone
2. logcat like apps available on Play Store
3. adb logcat command while phone is connected to PC
Old 14th May 2014, 19:46   #18155
Senior - BHPian

Unprecedented response for the Moto E. All phones sold out within 24h of the launch! Any idea on the sales numbers?
Old 14th May 2014, 20:27   #18156
Senior - BHPian

Clarification of MMX Phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar
likes of Micro max are use & throw Phones and since your bro Need it to run for 2 years, trust Motorola.

Moreover not many people give attention to things like SAR value. trust Motorola to meet them . All i have seen on micro max is " phone complies with SAR value" but they never put radiations value on their manuals.
I don't have any opposition for Motorola but my two cents for MMX.

Our employee had bought MMX X560 from Infibeam in Sept. 2010. He used it till last Dec or something (2013) without any problems. Then his younger daughter threw the phone and the display cracked. He repaired it locally (outside A.S.C) for Rs.700/- but again the screen cracked due to drop.

I have recently bought MMX A117 Canvas Magnus. The box itself mentions the SAR Values - 0.44W/kg @1g (Head), 0.67 W/kg @1g (Body).
Old 14th May 2014, 20:38   #18157
BHPian

Quote:
Restart, off-on does not help. It was Ok, then I installed and removed Truecaller. All hell has broken loose.
A simple solution, create a back up of all the stuff in the phone, do a hard reset and the things should be back to normal. Same thing happened to my android too, I installed some app its my 3.5mm Jack went kaput. A hard reset brought back everything to normal.
Old 15th May 2014, 07:48   #18158
BHPian

Hi guys I am using Galaxy S3 rooted and running Beanstalk Kitkat ROM. Since yesterday evening whenever I am making a phone call their is a Buzzing sound coming from earpiece and when I am switching on the speaker that same buzzing sound is coming from it. But the problem is not occurring if I am receiving a call. After 2-3 attempts the sound disappears. So what could be the issue? Never faced this issue. I rooted my phone 3 months back. Hope its not a hardware issue.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:14   #18159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
A simple solution, create a back up of all the stuff in the phone, do a hard reset and the things should be back to normal. Same thing happened to my android too, I installed some app its my 3.5mm Jack went kaput. A hard reset brought back everything to normal.
This is exactly what I did. An Android /Linux Guru advised the same.

I had the backup of the phone book and the sms'es.
Then found Ritesh Sahu's backup of the call list,
and a very nifty app App Backup & Restore. Used the latter to backup all the Apps.
Then copied into the laptop (no separate uSD in the htc One). Did a hard reset and then basically first got the App Backup & Restore (after Google finished with its updates) from PlayStore and installed it.. Got the Apps back (selectively). The call register, sms and contacts was next restored. The most interesting bit was Sygic worked without having to reinstall the maps!

Only point, the Sprint htc One comes back with WiFi in the CDMA/LTE mode so had to be again set to the GSM/UMTS mode.

Now everything appears to be kosher.

Remember it is a 'cracked' Sprint CDMA+GSM phone from Hetal Patel.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:37   #18160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do I do? htc One has a sealed battery, so no option of a battery pull'.
Recycle HTC One's battery by - Switch off - then hold down power button and volume UP button simultaneously and don't let go for 2 minutes -the HTC screen will come and go - let this recycle go on for at least 10 times (2 minutes approx). This recycles the HTC One's battery and does the battery pull effect.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:41   #18161
BHPian

i have a Moto G android phone. My google account has 283 accounts which I imported from my earlier nokia phone and then loaded/ synced in the Moto G. After that , i have added directky many contacts in my Moto G manually and the contact list is now at 650+.
So, i want to take a back up of these contacts for any eventuality later, if any.

Doubts:
- If i start google account sync, will it sync up the phone contacts to gooogle account and increase it from 283 to 650? Or the vice versa will happen and I will loose the manally added contacts ?
- what are other ways to create a contact back up in Google / android phones?
- Any way to create back up directly in laptop thru USB cable?

Pls help to understand, I am a novice in this area.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:53   #18162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
i have a Moto G android phone. My google account has 283 accounts which I imported from my earlier nokia phone and then loaded/ synced in the Moto G. After that , i have added directky many contacts in my Moto G manually and the contact list is now at 650.
Start Google sync to have all your accounts to be saved and synced with Google. You may take backup on sd card as well. Check for import and export options in contacts and then select export to sd card. Hope this helps.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:05   #18163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Start Google sync to have all your accounts to be saved and synced with Google. You may take backup on sd card as well. Check for import and export options in contacts and then select export to sd card. Hope this helps.
just stopped in time ...started google sync, and found phone contact started reducing from 651 to 624 ..immediately cancelled sync. means google account contact list is overriding the phone contacts , and so i am loosing all added ones.

moto g does not come with SD card option.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:09   #18164
Senior - BHPian

ok. time to replace my Samsung GS3 (I9305).
Top contenders are - Xperia Z2 & HTC one (M8).

anybody bought either of these? can I get some reviews?
most important for me is battery longevity and call quality.

the rest is all kit kat magic anyway..i'm glad to be stepping away from samsung's bloatware.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:28   #18165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
just stopped in time ...started google sync, and found phone contact started reducing from 651 to 624 ..immediately cancelled sync. means google account contact list is overriding the phone contacts , and so i am loosing all added ones.

moto g does not come with SD card option.
Sd card is memory either local or external. Check for the options. It should be there.

Most Viewed