Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:03   #18256
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, I am looking at the following phones to replace my Nexus 4. The battery life is just killing me.

My basic needs:
Very good battery life
5 inch screen
2 GB RAM
Dual SIM

I am looking at the Huawei Honor 3C - http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_3c-5903.php or I can wait a bit for the Alcatel Idol X+ - http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_idol_x+-5937.php

The specs are amazing on the Alcatel - True Octa Core Processor and 5-inch Full HD 1080P 441 PPI IPS Screen. Any idea when it will be launched.

And please don't suggest phones in Samsung - all overpriced.
The Xolo Q3000 should be ideal for you. It has a 4000 mah battery, should last you 3 days minimum.

Here's a review of it from a fellow BHPian:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3363552
Old 2nd June 2014, 12:06   #18257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very good battery life

I am looking at the Huawei Honor 3C - http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_3c-5903.php or I can wait a bit for the Alcatel Idol X+ - http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_idol_x+-5937.php
Given that these are based on Mediatek MT6592 / MT6582 platforms, this might be a step down as compared to Nexus 4 in terms of specs and battery life. This is a comparison of Nexus 4's platform with MT6589.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Qualcomm-Sna...ediaTek-MT6589

Mediatek octa-core are based on A7, for the same task these will have to be run at higher GHz (as compared to Cortex A15) and will consume more battery.
Old 2nd June 2014, 18:56   #18258
BHPian

Guys currently I am using Xperia Z1. It has a strange problem. The problem is that whenever I press the home button the wallpaper gets zoomed up. It doesn't happens every time but whenever I prrss the home button the photo zooms up and then zoomes out. Sometimes it stays zoomed in only. Then I have to reset the wallpaper. So how to solve this issue?
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:35   #18259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
What is your budget? You can have a look at HTC One Dual.
Ah, thats way out of my budget. Must have mentioned that my max budget it 17K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Install Snapdragon Battery guru from Appstore. Check if you are happy after it. I have been happy with it. I was also not happy with my Nexus 4 battery life .

PS: It takes 3 days for it to learn your usage pattern. So wait for 3 days before testing battery life. Also tweak the application settings
Yeah, have used it. Slight improvement but nothing big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The Xolo Q3000 should be ideal for you. It has a 4000 mah battery, should last you 3 days minimum.

Here's a review of it from a fellow BHPian:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3363552
Yes, that does sound like a very good option. But I've read some horror stories about ASC for Xolo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Given that these are based on Mediatek MT6592 / MT6582 platforms, this might be a step down as compared to Nexus 4 in terms of specs and battery life. This is a comparison of Nexus 4's platform with MT6589.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Qualcomm-Sna...ediaTek-MT6589

Mediatek octa-core are based on A7, for the same task these will have to be run at higher GHz (as compared to Cortex A15) and will consume more battery.
Yes, am aware of the step down in terms of the processor but I can live with that. I am sure that the battery life is still better than the battery life given me by my Nexus 4. I've owned the Micromax A110 for a year and it gave me really good battery life.
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:20   #18260
BHPian

My Moto G issue is fixed. There was issue with Moto G IMEI numbers. Here is mail from FlipKart:

Please find below the statement from Motorola on your recently purchased device.

We have uncovered an activation problem with some Moto G devices sold in India. If you have unboxed your Moto G and are having network connectivity problems this applies to you.

The problem: IMEI numbers are 15-digit unique codes that help cellular networks identify valid phones. If your new Moto G s IMEI number begins with 3533 your phone is incapable of connecting to the network right now because of a programming error on our part. It may take several days before your phone will connect to the network. You can find your IMEI number listed on the box or behind the back cover. At this stage, our understanding is that this only affects the 16GB version of Moto G.

How we are fixing it: We are working around the clock with our network partners to ensure your device is listed properly in their system. Because of the complex process to activate, your device could begin working as early as Tuesday or it may take a few days after that for your specific device to begin working properly.

If you are impacted, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you. We let you down and are working around the clock to fix this issue.

To help make up for the issue if you are affected, we will be crediting your Flipkart wallet with Rupees 1200/-with which you can buy a Moto G cover or an item of your choice.

If you do not want to wait a couple of days for the phone to be activated, you can exchange it for an operational unit or return it for a full refund with Flipkart, no questions asked. Your replacement request will be processed after a week.

On behalf of Motorola, please accept our deepest apologies. We are passionate about making people happy with our products and we will work tirelessly to gain back your trust.

Regards,
Flipkart Customer Care
Old 2nd June 2014, 21:37   #18261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure that the battery life is still better than the battery life given me by my Nexus 4. I've owned the Micromax A110 for a year and it gave me really good battery life.
How much battery life you got on A110 and how long does Nexus4 last ?
Old 2nd June 2014, 22:43   #18262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How much battery life you got on A110 and how long does Nexus4 last ?
The Nexus hardly lasts around 12 hours - with almost no 3G usage and 3 hours WiFi usage. On the same kind of usage, I used to easily get at least 20 hours on the A110.
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:11   #18263
BHPian

Quote:
The Nexus hardly lasts around 12 hours - with almost no 3G usage and 3 hours WiFi usage. On the same kind of usage, I used to easily get at least 20 hours on the A110.
Have you tried any apps like wakelock detector to see if something is preventing your phone from deep sleep? 12 hours with limited 3G seems to be much on the lesser side than normal for a Nexus 4. Also, if you have changed ROM's you should calibrate the battery after first charge. Believe me, it makes huge difference. My Galaxy S4 was giving terrible battery life after moving to CM11 but the calibration thing got it back in track.
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:02   #18264
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
... or I can wait a bit for the Alcatel Idol X+ - http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_idol_x+-5937.php

The specs are amazing on the Alcatel - True Octa Core Processor and 5-inch Full HD 1080P 441 PPI IPS Screen. Any idea when it will be launched.
Your wait is over.

http://www.flipkart.com/alcatel?otracker=ch_vn_mobile_promowidget_banner_0 _image

Last edited by Oxy : 3rd June 2014 at 12:07.
Old 3rd June 2014, 12:45   #18265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that does sound like a very good option. But I've read some horror stories about ASC for Xolo.
Been there, and have vowed never to touch a Xolo for some time. Xolo phones work like a charm as long as they work - but if they get conked off, best option si to throw them away.

Beat this - the lead time the ASC asked me to get a new battery is 3 weeks.

I was not able to get the battery outside ASC - not even a fake battery as a stop gap arrangement.

--Anoop
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:12   #18266
Senior - BHPian

Moto E on stock in Flipkart!!! Have just ordered mine!! Hope it comes as scheduled.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:26   #18267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Have you tried any apps like wakelock detector to see if something is preventing your phone from deep sleep? 12 hours with limited 3G seems to be much on the lesser side than normal for a Nexus 4. Also, if you have changed ROM's you should calibrate the battery after first charge. Believe me, it makes huge difference. My Galaxy S4 was giving terrible battery life after moving to CM11 but the calibration thing got it back in track.
Yes, I need to check with Wakelock Detector. Lets see what is happening. Yes, I have done battery calibration.

Hehe, yes, saw that. But something has made me wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Been there, and have vowed never to touch a Xolo for some time.

--Anoop
I've used a Micromax also and have not had any issues for the time I used it - a year. But somehow was worried to try Xolo.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:46   #18268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do check out the Xolo 1100. Runs on a Snapdragon and the handset feels good. Have been using a Xolo for the last year and 3 months and haven't had any issues with the phone
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:01   #18269
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Can anyone who is able to know about Moto E availability on Flipkart immediately post on this thread? I am following it specifically for this purpose.
Available now. Be quick.

http://www.flipkart.com/moto-e/p/itm...acker=variants

EDIT: Just saw your post that you already ordered one.

Last edited by Oxy : 3rd June 2014 at 18:03.
Old 3rd June 2014, 19:05   #18270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Available now. Be quick.

http://www.flipkart.com/moto-e/p/itm...acker=variants

EDIT: Just saw your post that you already ordered one.
Thanks so much. It seems White has gone out of stock within 60 minutes. Black still is available at around 2 hours after listing.

Moto G out of stock within two hours too!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks