Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 16:45   #18376
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Guys, I have a Samsung GT i9000 with me that does not start up. When I try and switch it on, it comes to the point of reaching the S on the screen and seems to get stuck there and goes into a loop.

The issue was there when the phone had Ginger Bread but, once in a while use to get stuck in the loop. But, multiple re-starts use to resolve the issue.

Therefore, decided to install custom ROM Cynamogen with the help of my friend. Ran fine for a few weeks before permanently getting stuck with a boot loop. The surprising part is, I am able to enter the download mode and re-install OS using Odin but, nothing beyond that.

Then realized that the internal memory got corrupted and when ever I tried to install custom ROM by going into download mode, use to get the error message as below (see end of message)

Gave it to the service center and they refused to help me with the resolving the software issue and suggested to change the board, stating that memory has gone kaput. The charges: INR 6,600. So, this option was ruled out. Did a bit of search and came across the video as below which, looks like a resolution to my problem. Unfortunately, don't have the courage to try it myself. Has anyone done something similar or can anyone help

Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-wfnzt.jpg  

Old 25th June 2014, 10:53   #18377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Is the 4.4.3 update available for Moto G? I still don't see it under system update.
I too was looking for the 4.4.3 update frequently but did not get it till now.

It seems that Motorola has held back the 4.4.3 update due to an OpenSSL bug. So we may get the 4.4.4 directly.
Source:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-4-update.html
Old 25th June 2014, 12:48   #18378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I too was looking for the 4.4.3 update frequently but did not get it till now.

It seems that Motorola has held back the 4.4.3 update due to an OpenSSL bug. So we may get the 4.4.4 directly.
Source:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-4-update.html
Honestly there is not much change with the 4.4.3 update. They have revamped the call registry. The new call book heavily borrows from the Lumia theme. They have also done some minor fiddling with the camera.

Apart from that no other noticeable changes were experienced.

Cheers,
Vinay.
Old 25th June 2014, 13:00   #18379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Received update to KitKat 4.4.4 for my nexus 4.
Sorry, in my earlier reply i didn't realise 4.4.4 was already out (so soon after 4.4.3) and hence assumed it was a typo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
The issue I am facing with the blue dialer is when I click on a person in the contact list it goes blank for 5-10 seconds like it's hanged or something. But, when I use any other dialer call connectivity is seamless.
What happens for me consistently:
1) Open dialer, it opens fine on the "Speed Dial" type screen
2) Click 'dial pad' icon at the bottom - other than the blue bar at the bottom, the screen is white
3) Clicking on the blank screen ends up dialing a speed dial number. Swiping on the blank screen shows the speed dial screen once again.

Disclaimer : I recently rooted + installed Xposed. (Glad to hear that isn't what's caused this!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Guys, I have a Samsung GT i9000 with me that does not start up. When I try and switch it on, it comes to the point of reaching the S on the screen and seems to get stuck there and goes into a loop.
I had a i9000 with CM (i forget, maybe CM9 coz it felt best) which i gave away. Last week the person i gave it to sent it back, because it was getting stuck at the boot animation.

I did a factory reset, cleared dalvik cache (via CWM), etc etc and then it booted up fine. I haven't tested it much since.

Have you tried going into Recovery mode (Vol Up + Home + Power)?

Will watch your video later and reply. My experience with this phone is that you can do anything to it and it doesn't get bricked
(Quite an amazing piece of hardware for the time, though the software sucked!)

cya
R
Old 25th June 2014, 13:03   #18380
BHPian

Moto G already has 4.4.3. Its just that the update is not rolled out to Indian version yet. I have US global gsm version and I have received the update
Old 25th June 2014, 14:44   #18381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Sorry, in my earlier reply i didn't realise 4.4.4 was already out (so soon after 4.4.3) and hence assumed it was a typo

What happens for me consistently:
1) Open dialer, it opens fine on the "Speed Dial" type screen
2) Click 'dial pad' icon at the bottom - other than the blue bar at the bottom, the screen is white
3) Clicking on the blank screen ends up dialing a speed dial number. Swiping on the blank screen shows the speed dial screen once again.

Disclaimer : I recently rooted + installed Xposed. (Glad to hear that isn't what's caused this!)
Are you saying you don't get this screen?
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1403687599589.jpg
Old 25th June 2014, 14:59   #18382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had a i9000 with CM (i forget, maybe CM9 coz it felt best) which i gave away. Last week the person i gave it to sent it back, because it was getting stuck at the boot animation.

I did a factory reset, cleared dalvik cache (via CWM), etc etc and then it booted up fine. I haven't tested it much since.

Have you tried going into Recovery mode (Vol Up + Home + Power)?

Will watch your video later and reply. My experience with this phone is that you can do anything to it and it doesn't get bricked
(Quite an amazing piece of hardware for the time, though the software sucked!)

cya
R
I tend to agree.
I just sold my 3 year old Galaxy S I9000 for 5.5k on Ebay. While I had it, I installed multiple custom ROMS etc. The phone did not get bricked once. The hardware was an amazing piece.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:02   #18383
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Are you saying you don't get this screen?
That's right.

I only get that if i switch back to speed dial and then click the dialer once again.

The first time i click the keypad icon, this is the blank screen i get:
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20140625150012.png

Note: I'm in immersive mode (Xposed mod > GravityBox)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2014 at 15:04.
Old 25th June 2014, 20:06   #18384
Senior - BHPian

http://gadgetstouse.com/quick-review...linea-l1/21795

Seems like a worthy competitor to the MotoE, and probably faster to boot?!
Old 26th June 2014, 00:12   #18385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's right.

I only get that if i switch back to speed dial and then click the dialer once again.

The first time i click the keypad icon, this is the blank screen i get:
Attachment 1254032

Note: I'm in immersive mode (Xposed mod > GravityBox)

cya
R
This is definitely due to immersive mode. No such issues on Kit Kat 4.4.4 rooted and stock
Old 26th June 2014, 08:24   #18386
BHPian

Good news from Google!

At this years Google I/O, they have announced the Android One programme, which is basically a nexus on entry level hardware.

Google have partnered with Indian brands like Micromax, Karbonn and Spice to bring the first set of Android One devices later this year.

And the best part is, all these phones will be running stock android just like a nexus, and will be receiving updates directly from Google! All this at a target price of under a 100$!

I don't know about you guys, but I just cant wait!!

Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06...style-updates/
Old 26th June 2014, 08:36   #18387
Senior - BHPian

The MotoG effect?
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ors_picks=true

High end smartphone sales had a record slide in February. Only one thing happened in Feb - MotoG. Or did something else change too?
Old 26th June 2014, 09:27   #18388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Good news from Google!

At this years Google I/O, they have announced the Android One programme, which is basically a nexus on entry level hardware.

Google have partnered with Indian brands like Micromax, Karbonn and Spice to bring the first set of Android One devices later this year.

And the best part is, all these phones will be running stock android just like a nexus, and will be receiving updates directly from Google! All this at a target price of under a 100$!

I don't know about you guys, but I just cant wait!!

Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06...style-updates/
Great news and its the story of the hour in tech world.

found same here too.
http://www.bgr.in/manufacturers/sams...ld-be-worried/
Old 26th June 2014, 10:00   #18389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The MotoG effect?

High end smartphone sales had a record slide in February. Only one thing happened in Feb - MotoG. Or did something else change too?
Highly likely I say. In the last 3 weeks, 3 persons in my immediate team bought Moto G. Two of them started with a budget of 30k, but settled for Moto G. The slide is going to continue and its good for the end customer. Even though I have been using Samsung Note 2 since last 1.5 years, I feel Samsung phones are way too hyped and have exaggerated costs. I am not even talking about Apple.
Old 26th June 2014, 12:03   #18390
BANNED

Now watch the fun. Low cost phones will get another Android, Android One. The war heats up. Answer to the free Windows!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks