Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 13:48   #18451
BHPian

Hi all of a sudden YouTube videos have stopped playing in my Moto G when connected to WiFi networks. Tried with 2 diff WiFi connections but result the same. It's the same with wifey's Q800 too. What could be the problem?

PS: YouTube videos are playing flawlessly in my laptop connected to the same WiFi.

Last edited by smrtdvl : 7th July 2014 at 14:12.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:25   #18452
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi all of a sudden YouTube videos have stopped playing in my Moto G when connected to WiFi networks. Tried with 2 diff WiFi connections but result the same. It's the same with wifey's Q800 too. What could be the problem?

PS: YouTube videos are playing flawlessly in my laptop connected to the same WiFi.
Hello Mate,
I had the same issue from days ack but suddenly from yesterday it started working on my laptop though, but still no luck on my phone & tablet. I guess its a issue from there side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Current Android phone with the best camera?

I thought it would be Sony (they ought to be good at camera technology) but reviews don't seem as good as the specs look to be.

Is there anything to rival the high-end Nokia? or Apple? I will not have Windows in my pocket, nor will I ever become an iPerson, even though I was shocked by how good a friend's holiday pics, taken with her iPhone, were.
You can have a look at the LG g2. Superior product to the S4 n every department. Also, with some slight modifications, you can record 4K videos and 120fps slow motions videos too. Also, you will find one for 34-35K. Incredible battery life is not to forget where samsung doesn't stand a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
They are just calling it "L..." because when eventually named, it will begin with an L.

Andoird Alpha
Beta
Cupcake
Donut
Eclair
Froyo
Gingerbread
Honeycomb
Ice Cream Sandwich
Jellybean
Kitkat
L.....
Hi,
if you followed the Google I/O they were constantly mentioning Limburger in small minute reference. So my guess is on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Rehaan,
Are you still facing battery drain issue with Google play services ?

See the screen shots below on my N5.
Hi,
Have you tried wiping dalvik & Cache partition? Also, if not you can switch to franco kernel, I get 6-10 hours of SOT depending on my usage.. 1 Day + is guaranteed battery life.

Last edited by Naparajito : 7th July 2014 at 14:38.
Old 7th July 2014, 19:53   #18453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Hello Mate,
I had the same issue from days ack but suddenly from yesterday it started working on my laptop though, but still no luck on my phone & tablet. I guess its a issue from there side.
Hey thanks for the quick reply. The problem is with BSNL BB only. I tried using Airtel BB and the videos played like a breeze. Any others facing the same problem?
Old 7th July 2014, 20:29   #18454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hey thanks for the quick reply. The problem is with BSNL BB only. I tried using Airtel BB and the videos played like a breeze. Any others facing the same problem?
No problem! I have just confirmed that this issue is faced all over the country. Google drive, Youtube and torrents have been blocked
Old 7th July 2014, 21:06   #18455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No problem! I have just confirmed that this issue is faced all over the country. Google drive, Youtube and torrents have been blocked
Torrents are working with Airtel broadband.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:35   #18456
Distinguished - BHPian

Me reporting from Bihar. Indeed YouTube is not working on my mobile when using BSNL broadband! Anyone aware as to why? Its working fine on my laptop though.
Old 7th July 2014, 22:59   #18457
Senior - BHPian

I am not getting Youtube even on my desktop pc.
Old 7th July 2014, 23:12   #18458
Senior - BHPian

ISP's in India blocking torrent and other websites in India, citing a 'court order'.

http://www.digit.in/internet/telecom...tes-23194.html
Old 7th July 2014, 23:13   #18459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Youtube + Google drive are working fine on Airtel ADSL.
Old 8th July 2014, 06:08   #18460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
ISP's in India blocking torrent and other websites in India, citing a 'court order'.

http://www.digit.in/internet/telecom...tes-23194.html
This was result of SONY's court order seeking a ban on using some of its content including WC 2014 matches. As usual, BSNL has put in place, a total ban on YouTube instead of filtering only those pertaining to SONY. Airtel is working fine!
Old 8th July 2014, 09:28   #18461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
This was result of SONY's court order seeking a ban on using some of its content including WC 2014 matches. As usual, BSNL has put in place, a total ban on YouTube instead of filtering only those pertaining to SONY. Airtel is working fine!
I was expecting this "ban" and think it is bigger than that. The US had recently published details about online piracy and how India is one of the biggest pirateers (is that the right word?) of digital entertainment also. I am seeing a crackdown on torrents and associated sites.
Old 8th July 2014, 11:09   #18462
BHPian

I dont think youtube videos not working has anything to do with the ban.
I have BSNL ADSL and youtube videos are working just fine on laptop.

The issue is definitely with latest android version of you tube app. You can see a lot of reviews saying its not working lately. On my android mobile and tab too youtube videos could not be played with the latest update.

If your device OS came with older version of youtube pre-installed just revert it to that (uninstall all updates from playstore). I have a note 10.1 and reverting the version to older one (which came with its OS) solved this issue.

Last edited by alto99 : 8th July 2014 at 11:11.
Old 8th July 2014, 11:53   #18463
Team-BHP Support

Finally Xiaomi comes to India. Amazing pricing!

http://www.mi.com/in/
Old 8th July 2014, 12:03   #18464
BHPian

Snapdragon 800 chipset and 2GB RAM for 15k?

Mind = blown.
Old 8th July 2014, 13:09   #18465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
I dont think Youtube videos not working has anything to do with the ban.
I have BSNL ADSL and Youtube videos are working just fine on laptop.

The issue is definitely with latest android version of you tube app. You can see a lot of reviews saying its not working lately. On my android mobile and tab too Youtube videos could not be played with the latest update.

If your device OS came with older version of Youtube pre-installed just revert it to that (uninstall all updates from playstore). I have a note 10.1 and reverting the version to older one (which came with its OS) solved this issue.
I don't think so! Because, I have airtel 3G connection on my tab and app worked fine with 3G. However it did not work when I switched over to BSNL broadband.

The last update to the app (ver 5.7.41) was on 1st July, 2014 and it was fine till day before yesterday. Suddenly started getting this error this morning with BSNL but when switched over to airtel, it was working fine!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks