Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 09:55   #18631
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Carl Pei, director of OnePlus hints that they might look at launching the product in India soon!

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/baby-steps.63344/
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I have a feeling that this is the next apple in the making. What apple is to design OnePlus will be to Tech+UX. My personal view and I am not associated with OP in any way
Reading that note, I have a feeling, they will be watching Xiaomi keenly and how they do in the Indian market. With their current invite only buying, they have already received flak in the US market. Hope they don't go down the same path here.
Old 25th July 2014, 09:59   #18632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Reading that note, I have a feeling, they will be watching Xiaomi keenly and how they do in the Indian market. With their current invite only buying, they have already received flak in the US market. Hope they don't go down the same path here.
Amen to that but I don't think the invite only is a bad option. It is still better than asking people to go through the rigmarole of registering pre launch only to have the server crash and start off on a wrong note!
Old 25th July 2014, 12:53   #18633
BHPian

My uncle has a Xolo A500S IPS purchased about 3 months ago.

Whenever I try to copy a file onto the memory card via a PC (through USB) it is shown that the files have been pasted, but in reality they haven't been. Same when copying through the device itself. Don't think it's a virus, but can't rule it out. Any ideas?
Old 25th July 2014, 13:18   #18634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
- GPS lock in 4 seconds.
Akshay,

Congrats on your purchase.

Planning to purchase the same. Quick question though.

GPS lock is with 2G/3G network active using GPRS, or only using the GPS Chipset !

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 25th July 2014, 13:55   #18635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Whenever I try to copy a file onto the memory card via a PC (through USB) it is shown that the files have been pasted, but in reality they haven't been. Same when copying through the device itself. Don't think it's a virus, but can't rule it out. Any ideas?
Do you "eject" (as in right click on the drive or click on the usb with tick icon found in the systray) the memory card before. This could happen if the buffer is not "flushed" to the actual device.
Old 25th July 2014, 14:02   #18636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Do you "eject" (as in right click on the drive or click on the usb with tick icon found in the systray) the memory card before. This could happen if the buffer is not "flushed" to the actual device.
Have done that and even selected the same option on the device. Still no difference. Also I forgot to mention, even whatsapp isn't able to save photos onto the external memory.
Old 25th July 2014, 14:07   #18637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Have done that and even selected the same option on the device. Still no difference. Also I forgot to mention, even whatsapp isn't able to save photos onto the external memory.
Are you able to format the card on the device or the PC? Also how old is the card?
Old 26th July 2014, 12:59   #18638
BANNED

My slightly more than a year old HTC has become very difficult to use because of touch screen. I think it's more a problem with the connectors than the digitizer itself.

If I touch the side of the phone - a touch on the screen gets triggered. Some of the edges of the touch screen have become unresponsive. Overall touch screen goes crazy when I touch it.

I am looking for some repairer in Bombay's eastern suburbs who can repair this. Know anyone reliable?
Old 26th July 2014, 19:38   #18639
BANNED

Have been using my Mi3 for last few days and I am enjoying every bit of it. I must say that MIUI rom is just superb. There are tons of advanced settings and vast number of themes available. Mi3's hardware performance is icing on the cake.

And the best thing is, Xiaomi warranty would be valid even if the phone is rooted.

The only negative I have observed is that the phone feels unexpectedly lighter and smooth that it doesn't inspires confidence when holding in hand. I like the weight of my earlier phone Galaxy Note or my wifey's Moto G which has Grip cover. It also warms up a little bit (not too much though but still noticeable). A flip cover/case will probably make things better.
Old 26th July 2014, 20:55   #18640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
The only negative I have observed is that the phone feels unexpectedly lighter and smooth that it doesn't inspires confidence when holding in hand. I like the weight of my earlier phone Galaxy Note or my wifey's Moto G which has Grip cover. It also warms up a little bit (not too much though but still noticeable). A flip cover/case will probably make things better.
I have used MIUI, for sure it has very good UI and brilliant themes. But what I have learnt is the MIUI themes makes the phone laggy after sometime and consume too much memory. It was for this reason I hated MIUI otherwise a very good ROM.
Old 27th July 2014, 01:24   #18641

I got my Xiami Mi3 yesterday and I am trying to move app settings and other important data like contacts, etc to it from a Moto Defy running CM GB.

I would like to know from fellow Mi3 owners, did they try to access the Mi3 through computer and notice a ReadMe(.rtf and .html) and a setup.exe? All of them are in Chinese. I tried my hand with Google translate on the Readme and all I could get was that the setup will install drivers. Are they even required?

Any help with this or porting data to new phone is welcome.
Old 27th July 2014, 08:32   #18642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
I got my Xiami Mi3 yesterday and I am trying to move app settings and other important data like contacts, etc to it from a Moto Defy running CM GB.

I would like to know from fellow Mi3 owners, did they try to access the Mi3 through computer and notice a ReadMe(.rtf and .html) and a setup.exe? All of them are in Chinese. I tried my hand with Google translate on the Readme and all I could get was that the setup will install drivers. Are they even required?

When you connect to a computer you should also see the mi3 listed as a 'music device' in addition to what you observed above. You still be able to access the phone folders via that. I assume the set-up exe is to install some PC suite for the mi3. Don't think it is needed.

For transferring contacts SMS call logs setting etc, I used the app backup pro. The pro version costs rs300 but enabled me to get the new phone in sync in no time.
Old 27th July 2014, 14:41   #18643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post

Try titanium backup if both your phones are rooted and if not then I think an app called helium backup works without the help of root via adb. Anyways I would suggest you root the Mi3 since it doesn't void warranty and is always handy for advanced features.
Old 27th July 2014, 16:33   #18644
BHPian

Mi3w can be rooted just by installing a developer ROM. It can be downloaded from en.miui.com
Old 27th July 2014, 16:47   #18645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Mi3w can be rooted just by installing a developer ROM. It can be downloaded from en.miui.com
Something I found online... owners please confirm.

Rooting steps for Xiaomi MI3

Directions

Usually, Xiaomi are already rooted from the top, so the process would be to activate it.

1. Click Security Center, on the desktop of your smartphone.
2. In Security Center, click the Permissions icon.
3. Enables administrator rights selecting first ROOT and then where it says Enable administrator permissions.
4. Download any application requiring root activation and accept that ROOT permissions, so you can check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks