Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 22:01   #18856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Check with Wakelock detector app for the culprit app which is keeping the screen awake. Uninstall that app and restart your phone. Sometimes a cache reset may also be required to fix this.
I tried installing the app but it says most of the features of the app are revoked as its Kit Kat and I will have to root to get the features
Old 15th August 2014, 23:53   #18857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Yes, that is my goal. Anyway that lets me keep the card as well?
No. What I meant was you have only 2 GB card which IMO is useless when you have bigger space in the internal memory itself and want to use that for the storage also. So remove that card and don't use it at all. That way all your contents will go only in the internal memory. If you want to use the memory card then use a bigger one where you don't have to be worry about getting the card full very early.

BTW most of the apps have settings in them which allow you to choose the preferred storage. Fiddle with settings in the apps and see if those apps have option for choosing internal memory as main storage.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 15th August 2014 at 23:56.
Old 16th August 2014, 08:46   #18858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
I tried installing the app but it says most of the features of the app are revoked as its Kit Kat and I will have to root to get the features
Check if gsam battery monitor works for you.
Old 17th August 2014, 23:33   #18859
BHPian

Guys, need your inputs on two stuff please

1)
Am using a Nexus-5 (32gb) and wanted to transfer some files onto it from my laptop. But on connecting, I see that the mobile is getting charged - however am not able to see the contents of the mobile from my system.

Let me tell you the options I have explored till now to sort this out -
1. Switched ON the USB Debugging mode.
2. Set the 'USB Computer Connection' (inside Settings -> Storage) to Media Device (MTP) - rather, it was already set to this option only. I tried changing this to 'Camera (PTP) and then back again to MTP'.
3. Going by google-baba, I have downloaded 'latest_usb_driver_windows'. However, not sure how to install/use it when the mobile is not getting detected at all.

Please note that the 'Device Manager' in my system also is not showing my mobile.

2)
Nexus-5 consumes battery very heavily. I do not connect to the net (either 3G or Wi-Fi) 24-hours a day. I connect to it, browse thru' for sometime and then switch it off. And my call/games etc., usage are also very minimal. Despite this, the phone consumes battery heavily.

I have put the 'Battery Doctor' app which helps in killing inactive apps. Any tips on this one would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by callvvijay : 17th August 2014 at 23:42.
Old 18th August 2014, 03:56   #18860
Senior - BHPian

For all those waiting to get their hands on Asus Zen 5 8 GB, now is the time. FK has it back in stock.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-zen51.jpg

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-zen5.jpg

Regards,
Old 18th August 2014, 06:58   #18861
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post

1)
Am using a Nexus-5 (32gb) and wanted to transfer some files onto it from my laptop. But on connecting, I see that the mobile is getting charged - however am not able to see the contents of the mobile from my system.

Let me tell you the options I have explored till now to sort this out -
1. Switched ON the USB Debugging mode.
2. Set the 'USB Computer Connection' (inside Settings -> Storage) to Media Device (MTP) - rather, it was already set to this option only. I tried changing this to 'Camera (PTP) and then back again to MTP'.
3. Going by google-baba, I have downloaded 'latest_usb_driver_windows'. However, not sure how to install/use it when the mobile is not getting detected at all.

Please note that the 'Device Manager' in my system also is not showing my mobile.
Just a rather basic step that i would try would be to try on a different computer or a different USB port as well. Or, have you tried these already? This would help narrow down the possibilities by a large margin.
Old 18th August 2014, 07:12   #18862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Just a rather basic step that i would try would be to try on a different computer or a different USB port as well. Or, have you tried these already? This would help narrow down the possibilities by a large margin.
+1.

Quote:
Going by google-baba, I have downloaded 'latest_usb_driver_windows'. However, not sure how to install/use it when the mobile is not getting detected at all.
You don't need to enable USB Debugging or install those drivers. BTW they are ADB drivers used to access phone in ADB mode and pretty much useless otherwise.

Quote:
Nexus-5 consumes battery very heavily. I do not connect to the net (either 3G or Wi-Fi) 24-hours a day. I connect to it, browse thru' for sometime and then switch it off. And my call/games etc., usage are also very minimal. Despite this, the phone consumes battery heavily.

I have put the 'Battery Doctor' app which helps in killing inactive apps. Any tips on this one would be really helpful.
I use greenify. Its the best of the lot.

http://lifehacker.com/greenify-the-a...roo-1500227178
Old 18th August 2014, 12:03   #18863
Senior - BHPian

Need some urgent help. Last night I got a system update OTA for my HTC One V related to bug fix crash (13MB size). I downloaded that and it started to update but after finishing the update the phone is stuck at HTC One Beats Audio startup screen ever since night. I am not able to enter fast boot mode nor able to do hard reset via hardware combination buttons.

What could be done? Should I take to nearby phone repair guy or HTC service station?
Old 18th August 2014, 13:43   #18864
Senior - BHPian

It's been 2 days since I got my Xiaomi Mi3 and i must say the phone is brilliant.

Has a very premium look and feel to it. I installed Real Racing 3, Real Steel Robot Boxing and other such games and there is no lag at all. There are also hundreds of options to customize the features in the phone right from appearance to power management. My son and I collectively spent a whole day playing games on it and combined with WiFi and some videos, the battery still had >30% juice.

Only downside is that the device is a tad too big to fit into trouser/jeans pockets and also the stock ringtones could be a bit louder.

A more detailed review will be posted when time permits.

So those who are considering this one, go for it.
Old 18th August 2014, 14:00   #18865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1)
I had the same problem and still do. I've tried everything - ADB drivers, Google drivers, even the Android SDK to see if it would help. Nothing. And I am able to connect and see my folders fine on my office laptop. So it is surely a driver issue. Only thing you can do is try that. Try the Android SDK also - might help. And there is an MTP helper utility somewhere - do a google seearch and might help.
Old 18th August 2014, 14:31   #18866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am not able to enter fast boot mode nor able to do hard reset via hardware combination buttons.
Do you have any data on this phone that you care about? If not, service center should be able to take care of this.
Old 18th August 2014, 14:34   #18867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So those who are considering this one, go for it.
A quick query, does GPS take too long to lock?

I'm using Elife E3 and it takes a sweet time to lock compared to other androids in the family.
Old 18th August 2014, 16:08   #18868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Do you have any data on this phone that you care about? If not, service center should be able to take care of this.
Most data is safe on SD card including whatsapp database.

Service center guys could not sort out this issue, told me that they need to forward it to HTC Bangalore.

I picked the phone and gave it to friendly neighborhood mobile repair center and they will try to fix it for Rs. 400 if they can by evening else the phone is a paper weight now!

PS - Any recommendation of a good Android Phone with wide fluctuating budget of 15-25K. Is Xiaomi mi3 available only on flipkart?

Last edited by bluevolt : 18th August 2014 at 16:11.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:17   #18869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
A quick query, does GPS take too long to lock?

I'm using Elife E3 and it takes a sweet time to lock compared to other androids in the family.
No. Mine locks in about 4-5 seconds with AGPS and about 11-15 seconds with GPS only.
Old 18th August 2014, 19:51   #18870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
GPS is not that good in Mediatek chipset used in E3, but Google maps should be able to work around that by using network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I picked the phone and gave it to friendly neighborhood mobile repair center and they will try to fix it for Rs. 400 if they can by evening else the phone is a paper weight now!
Have a look at this HTC thread. IT has steps for loading new image + reformatting the phone from SD Card.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1674226

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks