Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2014, 12:22   #18901
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
That is an awesome click. I am using the regular mode and not HDR. A noob in this dept. so need to read up and learn about this.
Thanks. There is nothing complex in HDR mode in MI3. In camera App open the options. You will find HDR mode in it. Enable it. And its ready to take pic in HDR. This sort of landscape photos come well in HDR mode. It takes couple of seconds for HDR photo to capture. So you need a steady hand . Rest all the processing is done by mobile. Regarding the stitching for a bigger panorama you need to do in your computer, or there could be some android app which stitch images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Is there an app to display/record the barometric pressure? This would be a great aid in making one's own weather forecasts.
Phone comes with compass app which shows pressure and altitude. But it does not keep a log or you cannot do anything else. I tried couple of other apps which uses barometer from play store, but there is none which is stable or reliable. Some does not keep a log/trend, some consumes lots of battery, some just shows the pressure reading. One SyPressure has more features but it is paid for full features. So could not find any suitable free app yet to make real use of barometer.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:25   #18902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Recently I had put a flip cover on my Nexus-5. However, the backlight doesn't turn on in this and I have to press the power button everytime.

Is there any setting to enable this? TIA!
The Moto G's flip cover has a little magnet in it, and that's what enables the auto lock - unlock functionality.

The cover you got for your N5 most probably won't have any such thing in it.
Old 21st August 2014, 12:28   #18903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
In addition to what others have stated, if your SIM either Micro or Nano, there is a adapter pack in most of neighbourhood mobile shops for Rs. 30. My wife already had a micro SIM with older phone, so we used this.

Just in case you might need the info.
I believe it's better to get the normal SIM from the service provider than using the micro/nano SIM with adapter.

I learnt it the hard way. I used to use micro SIM with an adapter in my Elife E3 and while trying to remove the SIM, the adapter got stuck inside (I got the micro SIM though ). I had to take the phone to the service centre to remove the adapter as I couldn't take it out. The service centre guys told me that it's a common issue and suggested not to use the SIM with adapter (my friend experienced the same in his Micromax phone)

My dad got micro SIM for his Moto E by paying approximately Rs 50. The new SIM was activated within an hour.
Old 21st August 2014, 13:39   #18904
Senior - BHPian

Ordered the below 2 items for my Mi3:

1. Amzer Flip Cover (link) - ordered this one since the flip cover edges are slightly bigger than the phone body so the device is protected by bumps.

2. Screen guard (link) - ordered a dual pack in case installation of one goes bad, the other will come handy.

I asked around a few shops for the screen guard and none had it in stock for this phone but they were happy to help in installing it for me. I prefer to leave the installation to the experts.

Expecting delivery of these 2 items next week. Will post an update as soon as i get them installed.
Old 21st August 2014, 13:43   #18905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Amzer Flip Cover (link) - ordered this one since the flip cover edges are slightly bigger than the phone body so the device is protected by bumps.

2. Screen guard (link) - ordered a dual pack in case installation of one goes bad, the other will come handy.

I asked around a few shops for the screen guard and none had it in stock for this phone but they were happy to help in installing it for me. I prefer to leave the installation to the experts.

Expecting delivery of these 2 items next week. Will post an update as soon as i get them installed.
does the flip cover lock magnetically? thanks!
Old 21st August 2014, 13:50   #18906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
does the flip cover lock magnetically? thanks!
Yes, the flap/strap on the cover is a magnetic "lock" although reviews suggest that the magnet is not strong enough.

Here are a few more pics of the product.
Old 21st August 2014, 17:10   #18907
BHPian

Guys.. Need quick recommendations for a phone under 7k. Android or windows, open to both
Thanks in advance
Old 21st August 2014, 17:34   #18908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Guys.. Need quick recommendations for a phone under 7k. Android or windows, open to both
Thanks in advance
Moto E is the current most popular choice
Old 22nd August 2014, 01:52   #18909
BHPian

So people who have purchased the Mi3 in the most recent sale, any updates in your flipkart accounts in the order tracking?

Which date is flipkart showing for your phone to be delivered to you?

-Bhargav
Old 22nd August 2014, 04:12   #18910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Moto E
Asus ZenFone 4
Nokia Lumia 520 (bought one for mom for 7400)

Your 3 best bet on main stream phone brands.

I am sure there are a plenty options from other brands too.

Regards,
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:36   #18911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
So people who have purchased the Mi3 in the most recent sale, any updates in your flipkart accounts in the order tracking?

Which date is flipkart showing for your phone to be delivered to you?

-Bhargav
Bhargav,

I got it within 48 hours of order placement. I was lazy to make the payment

My friends who purchased received it within the same time.

On another note, it is now easy to buy MI3. One of my buddies got 2 of MI3 in 3 attempts. Thats Fair choice I believe.
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:44   #18912
BHPian

Quote:

1. Amzer Flip Cover

2. Screen guard

Nice choice

I have got these two for my MI3. Both are from Nillkin Brand

1. NillkinTM‎ H Tempered Glass Screen Guard Protector For Xiaomi Mi3
2. Nillkin Back Cover

Not a fan of flap covers. Very difficult to notice calls or msg when driving or travelling in volvos. Prefer Plain Jade look. Hence the choice.

Tempered Glass is fantastic. Had to name my MI3 as "Black Stone". Its is really solid !
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:03   #18913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks in advance
You might want to add Micromax Unite 2 to the list. A good phone spec wise, better than Moto E I would say; ONLY if you are NOT averse to the brand. I personally may NOT pick it though because of the brand name. Zenfone's battery capacity is NOT too impressive, so please check thoroughly before you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
...On another note, it is now easy to buy MI3. One of my buddies got 2 of MI3 in 3 attempts. Thats Fair choice I believe.
I am NOT too sure; but last time my friends tried, it was sold out within a second or two the launch. Frankly an awful experience. Too much hype and this will act negatively for the brand.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd August 2014 at 11:05.
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:45   #18914
Senior - BHPian

There you go, after all the hype and drama and waiting periods, now complaints on horrible quality of Xiaomi Mi3:

http://www.androidorigin.com/xiaomi-...oduct-quality/
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:57   #18915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
There you go, after all the hype and drama and waiting periods, now complaints on horrible quality of Xiaomi Mi3:

http://www.androidorigin.com/xiaomi-...oduct-quality/
So much for Apple of China.. Looks like people are taken for a ride in a royal way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks