Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:47   #19066
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Me too a blessed one to have won this COMPETITION successfully! I used chrome browser and never had any issue of browser hanging. After 1 second to buy flicker went off, I was presented with an option to "BUY" and I had gleefully accepted the challenge! I have time till 11.59 pm on 3rd September, 2014 and delivery is promised within 10 to 11 working days. Offer of free screen protector and sim tray is also included in the cost.
Old 2nd September 2014, 15:43   #19067
Senior - BHPian

Even I was able to order my second Redmi 1S today. The first one was yesterday through the FK first access.

Similar to others, I clicked on the Buy Now option immediately after the countdown went to 0:0:0. Then got a message saying Congratulations, the product will be added to your cart in a few moments.

Then the message saying the product has been reserved for me, I need to come back in 15 minutes.
Saw the product in the cart, tried to make the payment, then 20 minutes of nakhra and refreshing later, I was finally able to pay and got a confirmation that it will be delivered on or before 16th Sept. Keeping fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, saw on a news site, India.com, many people are sharing their mobile numbers and email ids, declaring that they have a phone in their cart, and willing to sell at a premium of 1k to 1.5K.. I think many genuine buyers missed out because of these black marketeers..
Old 2nd September 2014, 16:25   #19068
BHPian

I ordered a Redmi as well though I don't really want it. I just did it to see what the hoopla was about. So does anyone want it? PM me, otherwise I'm considering canceling it and giving someone who really wants it a chance.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:06   #19069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I ordered a Redmi as well though I don't really want it. I just did it to see what the hoopla was about. So does anyone want it? PM me, otherwise I'm considering canceling it and giving someone who really wants it a chance.
I need it, sent you a PM.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:25   #19070
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Xiaomi Redmi 1S for Better Half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman
Meanwhile, saw on a news site, India.com, many people are sharing their mobile numbers and email ids, declaring that they have a phone in their cart, and willing to sell at a premium of 1k to 1.5K.. I think many genuine buyers missed out because of these black marketeers..
Today morning just out of curiosity I checked ebay.in for Xiaomi Redmi 1S. I saw many sellers (or should I call them Money Making ****) selling it for a premium of Min. 999/- to 5000/- above the actual 5999/- FK Price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
I want to gift a Phone to my Better Half on her Birthday 16th next month.
The requirements- (In no particular order)
1) 4" Screen
2) Support Hike and WA.
3) Good Internal Memory available for User
3) Expandable Memory (Allow Moving of Apps to SD Card will be added benefit)
4) Good Camera
5) Good Battery Backup
6) Good Reliablity and Build Quality
7) Budget 7-8K
8) No Samsungs, Sonys, etc (No offense towards respective users). i.e. No Bloatwares please.
9) RAM- I don't know whether 512MB RAM will suffice or 1GB RAM.

Is ASUS Zenfone 4 A400CG a good phone considering all above points?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Can anyone put more light on the above?
Then I can decide whether to for Redmi 1S or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
What about the news that MI3 sends information to Chinese Servers? Was it True or just Rumour?

EDIT: - Screen Size could be 4-4.5"
Please help me decide at the earliest.
I had registered for Redmi 1S. And I too was able to Click Buy Now Button and Placed Order as COD.

I logged in at 1:45 pm and Electricity Supply was cut off by MSEDCL. I connected the Modem to another PC's UPS and was able to Click the Buy Now Button in Time.
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:38   #19071
Distinguished - BHPian

According to email, they had 2,50,000 registrations and 40,000 phones.

Why would they publicise that? What's to be proud of in having 2,10,000 disatisfied customers. The game gets stupider.

Have these people gone completely mad?
Old 2nd September 2014, 17:59   #19072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Why would they publicise that? What's to be proud of in having 2,10,000 disatisfied customers. The game gets stupider.

For every ONE of (y)our type (who doesn't get what the hoopla is about, count me in the same boat), there are thousands who'll be depressed about missing out. Never underestimate the combo of wanton consumerism and manipulated demand. Toxic bedfellows.
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:03   #19073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

<OT>
Been reading your posts re Xiaomi about Mi3 and now Redmi and its clear you dont fancy their way of doing things. May be you should just ignore them? You sound like disgruntled samsung owner. No offense. <OT>

In other news, I visited Xiaomi service center in Bangalore and got my broken display replaced in 45 minutes. cost is Rs5555 and the staff was very courteous and professional too. A far cry from how Micromax service center handled my Canvas HD. Also checked out the Redmi 1S and MiTV on display. Nice products
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:23   #19074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
... got my broken display replaced ...
When and how did that happen?
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:31   #19075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
In other news, I visited Xiaomi service center in Bangalore and got my broken display replaced in 45 minutes. cost is Rs5555 and the staff was very courteous and professional too.
Thought Display can be replaced under warranty. Not sure about the cause of breakage though.

Routemap for the service center in BLR will help us a lot
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:05   #19076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
When and how did that happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Thought Display can be replaced under warranty. Not sure about the cause of breakage though.

Routemap for the service center in BLR will help us a lot
Well, I was in China and waiter dropped a heavy metal knife right on the phone kept on table. It shattered. Hotel paid me good compensation and offered to fix in China but Xiaomi China said it needs to be fixed in India.

The Exclusive service center is behind Pizza Hut, 80ft road near Sony Signal.
Old 3rd September 2014, 10:44   #19077
BHPian

Note 4 expected to be launched today. Eagerly waiting for the launch. It should be one hell of a device!
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:06   #19078
Senior - BHPian

Xiaomi sold 40,000 RedMi 1S in 4.2 seconds. Is this a joke or what?

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-gsmarena_001.jpg
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:29   #19079
BHPian

Hey guys. Need some help.
I have a 1.5 year old Samsung S3 rooted and running CM 10.2. For the past few months I have had major issues with the phones charging port. I use an app called Galaxy Charging *Lite* to check if the phone is receiving power. I charge it with great difficulty, have to keep bending and twisting the cable to charge. It never exceeds 600-700mA, other times its 100 mA or even 0 mA. (It should be 1000 mA). It's getting worse and worse. It won't be long before it refuses to charge at all. It is definitely an issue with the phone as verified by the Samsung Exclusive Store in Cyber Hub.

This Samsung Exclusive Store recommended to carry it to a service centre, and said it can be fixed within 2-3 hours and approx 550/-, and when I asked him if it being a rooted phone, will that be a problem he said yes maybe, the motherboard will need to be replaced too in that case !?!?!?.

However, most Samsung Service centres seem to be in places like old Gurgaon. Damn messed up. How is Samsung's after sales? Will the phone being rooted be a big issue? Can they refuse repairs? I would think it's just a hardware issue. Has anyone else had to replace the charging port on the phone?

The phone is way out of warranty, I was planning to use it for atleast 6 months more. Sorry for the rant. Please advise guys.
Old 3rd September 2014, 18:35   #19080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
This Samsung Exclusive Store recommended to carry it to a service centre, and said it can be fixed within 2-3 hours and approx 550/-, and when I asked him if it being a rooted phone, will that be a problem he said yes maybe, the motherboard will need to be replaced too in that case !?!?!?.

However, most Samsung Service centres seem to be in places like old Gurgaon. Damn messed up. How is Samsung's after sales? Will the phone being rooted be a big issue? Can they refuse repairs? I would think it's just a hardware issue. Has anyone else had to replace the charging port on the phone?
Can't you unroot and put back the stock ROM? Or are you unable to do that since you cannot connect the phone to a computer (same port)? If you can do that, unroot and take it to the service center. AFAIK, Samsung service is pretty good. And yes, just cause it is rooted, they might turn down service. Just an excuse they can use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks