Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 15:52   #19156
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anghammarad View Post
Wait a minute, the glass on the top is cracked, i was under the impression that was the Digitizer touch screen. From your post, I think it seems that's the LCD? Or am I misunderstanding.
Apologies, while being an avid user of the tablet, I am afraid I am not well versed with the breakdown of it's components.
Just to clarify, the digitizer (glass touch screen) seems cracked. If both are done for then i'll have to replace both, if not I can just replace the digitizer I presume, yes?

Thanks for your responses.
Ang
Sorry for the confusion, either the digitizer is cracked or both the lcd and digitizer. What I had mentioned was the digitizer is fused to the lcd in stock form and since the digitizer and lcd are available separately, you can try opening it and try to separate them. If you are able to remove the cracked digitizer, just simply replace the digitizer and fix it to the lcd using the double side tape (make sure that there is no gap in the tape to prevent any dust from entering between the digitizer and lcd)
Old 10th September 2014, 17:25   #19157
Senior - BHPian

So the battery life isn't great on the RedMi 1S

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20140910171303.png

Discovered couple of quirks. The MIUI testing menu seems to be in Mandarin (*#*#6484#*#*) and the phone when connected to the computer says "HM 1S" which might stand for HongMi 1S, its name in China.

Flipkart sent me the Micro SIM adapters today in a separate shipment. Such a big box for Micro SIM adapters whose value is 1 rupee. Wow, great going flipkart. Really shows your commitment to joining hands and making the world a greener place.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20140910_165338.jpg
Old 10th September 2014, 17:33   #19158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
So the battery life isn't great on the RedMi 1S
How much screen on time did you get?
Old 10th September 2014, 17:40   #19159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
How much screen on time did you get?
About 2 hours 20 minutes. Accounted for 61% of power consumption. I was on 3G all the time
Old 10th September 2014, 17:59   #19160
BHPian

Redmi 1s seems like an ok budget phone for the asking price but lacking in several areas including OS, with most phones shipping with kitkat no idea why they chose to use an older version for this one? Why not the same MIUI v6 as on Mi3.

Are the Mi3 facing similar challenges w.r.t performance, display and battery life ?
Old 10th September 2014, 22:24   #19161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Why not the same MIUI v6 as on Mi3.

Are the Mi3 facing similar challenges w.r.t performance, display and battery life ?
Currently available MIUI v6 is developer version. Stable build will arrive sometime in October.

Battery life is superb on Mi3. With average usage it gives me close to 2.5 days on a single charge. Even now, it's been ~16hrs since last charge and it's good to go for another 16 maybe.

Name:  Screenshot_201409102207.png
Views: 1056
Size:  17.4 KBName:  Screenshot_20140910220738.png
Views: 1071
Size:  13.4 KBName:  Screenshot_20140910220705.png
Views: 1147
Size:  18.0 KB
Old 11th September 2014, 06:46   #19162
BHPian

Some pictures of RedMi. Battery life is not up to expectation! Received all three (Phone, sim tray, and skins) in one box!
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1410398044189.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1410398065295.jpg  

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1410398091315.jpg  

Old 11th September 2014, 14:07   #19163
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Need to gift a phone to my Mom on her birthday. Budget is around 15k. What are the options in this particular price bracket?
She has never used a touchscreen phone before. She has been using Nokia N73 for the past 2 years.
Requirements are it should have a decent battery life, phone should be easy to use & navigate since she would be new to the Android platform.

Last edited by PPS : 11th September 2014 at 14:15.
Old 11th September 2014, 14:58   #19164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Need to gift a phone to my Mom on her birthday. Budget is around 15k. What are the options in this particular price bracket?
She has never used a touchscreen phone before. She has been using Nokia N73 for the past 2 years.
Requirements are it should have a decent battery life, phone should be easy to use & navigate since she would be new to the Android platform.
Moto G as it has close to stock android interface. Battery life is good.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:47   #19165
Senior - BHPian

Guys my xolo q 800 has started to give me few issues(wifi stopped working, phone heats up from day 1, chrome and other exterior bits chipping off), I can still use most of the other features so will retain it as my second phone, can someone suggest me good phone close to 10K mark? I don't want Samsung since they are too common.

Requirements:

Android OS
Decent battery life
Should last at least for 2-2.5 years
Should have proper after sales service(this is a must)

I am looking at moto G right now, is there any better option? how is moto's service?

Thanks in advance
Old 11th September 2014, 19:14   #19166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am looking at moto G right now, is there any better option? how is moto's service?
If you really want a long lasting phone then don't look anywhere except Motorola. They have never been specification war, but their phones just do good on user experience front. They are Apple of Android right now.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 11th September 2014 at 19:15.
Old 11th September 2014, 20:32   #19167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
If you really want a long lasting phone then don't look anywhere except Motorola. They have never been specification war, but their phones just do good on user experience front. They are Apple of Android right now.
Thanks for the quick reply! have placed an order for moto E on flipkart just now

Edit: Was thinking of going for moto G2 but G2's battery seems to be draining fast when compared to the previous version. Anyone planning to purchase the same can better wait for few more reviews or some upgrade from moto.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 11th September 2014 at 20:34.
Old 12th September 2014, 20:00   #19168
BHPian

On the occasion of my birthday, my wife gifted me with a LG G3 (3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM) phone. By the way, I was using Galaxy Note 2 so far.

While the G3 is great in most of many aspects (very smooth, touch response is great and the clock that comes up when I close the flip cover reminds me of a top end swiss watch), I am finding the migration from AMOLED screen to IPS screen a bit painful.

To elaborate, I am finding the IPS screen on G3 to be quite dull as compared to Note 2 screen. I have tried the 'Colour Adjustment' available under 'Accessibility', but I am still not able to make it better.

Request inputs on what else I can do to make the G3 screen brighter.
Old 12th September 2014, 21:27   #19169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
On the occasion of my birthday, my wife gifted me with a LG G3 (3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM) phone. By the way, I was using Galaxy Note 2 so far.

While the G3 is great in most of many aspects (very smooth, touch response is great and the clock that comes up when I close the flip cover reminds me of a top end swiss watch), I am finding the migration from AMOLED screen to IPS screen a bit painful.

To elaborate, I am finding the IPS screen on G3 to be quite dull as compared to Note 2 screen. I have tried the 'Colour Adjustment' available under 'Accessibility', but I am still not able to make it better.

Request inputs on what else I can do to make the G3 screen brighter.
Hi,

Don't worry about it, coming from a Amoled display It is going to take you some time to get used to the more natural looking ips lcd

I have been using a G3 since the last 2 weeks and have the adjustment circle just above the camera icon & brightness at 50 % And (coming from a one 8, galaxy s5 & a iPhone 5s) I find this display absolutely brilliant.Wait for a week & the same amoled will appear cartoonish.

Enjoy your G3, it is one of the best smartphone available right now.

Last edited by lancerlover : 12th September 2014 at 21:42.
Old 13th September 2014, 00:04   #19170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
For the Zenfone, it would be good to check the Facebook Page Asus Zenfone 5 India on a regular basis. They have the info on when the product is getting available and are fairly accurate. Do not expect Flipkart to Notify you when it comes into stock.

As per a comment there, it should be back in stock on Sep 11.
Thanks Rajeev!!
Because of your suggestion I was able to buy Zenphone 5 8GB version as I was checking fb page every 2-3 hours for the last 4-5 days. Bought 32 GB card, screen guard and DMG flip cover also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks