Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 14:58   #19321
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Is the Moto X '13 good value at 18k?
I hear it should get Android L.

Or should I wait till January '15 for better phones <20k to be launched.
I shall be keeping the phone for a year.

Need to decide soon.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 6th October 2014 at 14:59.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:10   #19322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Is the Moto X '13 good value at 18k?
I hear it should get Android L.

Or should I wait till January '15 for better phones <20k to be launched.
I shall be keeping the phone for a year.

Need to decide soon.
Yes it will be getting the Android L update. I think it's good VFM for 18k and all tech reviewers were raving about it last year! Maybe it doesn't have ground breaking specs but real life performance is supposed to be really snappy! I'm shifting to the moto X from my galaxy S5 which I'm super bored of.

And still no clue about the adapter. IIRC I had watched an unboxing video a few months back where only the handset and a USB cable came out of the box.
Old 6th October 2014, 15:54   #19323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Yes it will be getting the Android L update. I think it's good VFM for 18k and all tech reviewers were raving about it last year! Maybe it doesn't have ground breaking specs but real life performance is supposed to be really snappy! I'm shifting to the moto X from my galaxy S5 which I'm super bored of.

And still no clue about the adapter. IIRC I had watched an unboxing video a few months back where only the handset and a USB cable came out of the box.
A friend of mine has Moto X and it blows the S5, HTC One M7/M8, Note 3 out of the water when it comes to day to day operations. Camera is also ok after the Kitkat update. At nightshots it was better than both iPhone 5 and Note 3. The phone comes with USB Cable, Dual USB slot Charger and Headphones.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:36   #19324
BHPian

Guys, help please :(

I have a Mi3 running the stock Android 4.4.2, MIUI v5 (pardon me if I have written it wrong, not a technical person. To put it in other words, it is running on the stock Android with MIUI which the Mi3 comes with, I haven't made any changes to it).

Since few days I have been facing this problem of my alarm not working. It just doesn't ring at the specified time. Have been over sleeping because of this. Luckily, didn't have any important meetings/appointments that I missed cuz of this. But its quite irritating and need to solve it for future.

What I have tried -

1. Clearing the clock from the cache by pressing the menu button. (quick clean)
2. Letting the clock stay in the cache i.e. not clearing it from the cache.

Still, nothing is working. Can you'll please tell me what can I do?

Is resetting the phone to factory settings an option? If yes, then if I take a local backup of the phone and hard reset it will the backup file be also deleted? Or the backup file won't be deleted and everything else will be deleted and the phone reset to factory settings?

Thank You All.

-Bhargav
Old 7th October 2014, 10:43   #19325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
I have a Mi3 running the stock Android 4.4.2, MIUI v5 (pardon me if I have written it wrong, not a technical person. To put it in other words, it is running on the stock Android with MIUI which the Mi3 comes with, I haven't made any changes to it).

Since few days I have been facing this problem of my alarm not working. It just doesn't ring at the specified time. Can you'll please tell me what can I do?
This is a common android bug present even on my Nexus 4 and was present on my RedMi 1S.

For every new alarm, go to select ringtone and assign some ringtone. this needs to be done only once. After that it will ring as usual.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th October 2014 at 18:27. Reason: quoted post shortened
Old 7th October 2014, 10:44   #19326
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, help please :(

Is resetting the phone to factory settings an option? If yes, then if I take a local backup of the phone and hard reset it will the backup file be also deleted? Or the backup file won't be deleted and everything else will be deleted and the phone reset to factory settings?

Thank You All.

-Bhargav
yes, resetting will be the way to go. Suggest, you back up your contacts onto gmail. Msg back up can be done with many free apps on playstore. Data should be transferred to a SD card or to a pc.

Cheers
Old 7th October 2014, 11:10   #19327
BHPian

Guys, need an oneplus invite. If anyone has it please can you PM me.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:16   #19328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is resetting the phone to factory settings an option?
That should resolve the issue. However, you need to be careful with backing up data (specially SMS and call logs, since that is not backed up be default).

Another tactical solution could be installation of a different Alarm app. Can you give that a try?
Old 7th October 2014, 12:48   #19329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
I have the Moto X and it came with a dual usb adapter. From the description on the flipkart page, it looks like a batch of Moto X's were imported without the charging adapter for the flash sale. The usb cable will be present, but the charging adapter won't.
Old 7th October 2014, 12:50   #19330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

Another tactical solution could be installation of a different Alarm app. Can you give that a try?
That was the very 1st solution I tried. Works fine. But I didn't quite like the idea of using an app for a simple thing like an alarm. Hence I uninstalled it.

1 more problem with using a 3rd party app is, if I mistakenly clear that app from the cache then the alarm won't go off. While, the benefit of using the stock alarm is that even if the "clock" is cleared from the cache the alarm mechanism doesn't get affected, it will work.

BTW, the solution given by SunnyBoi worked perfectly fine for me.

-Bhargav
Old 7th October 2014, 13:53   #19331
Senior - BHPian

I recently updated my Note3 with some Samsung's update.

After the update the only change I can notice is that the name of "GPS" has now changed to "Location".

However, earlier even with the GPS turned off, Google Now used to give me traffic updates and location related cards. Now it is forcing me to turn on Location else it does not give me any cards.

Also, after the update, I get an error every time I switch on mu phone, which says "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.location has stopped".

Any solution to the above?
Old 7th October 2014, 16:54   #19332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was the very 1st solution I tried. Works fine. But I didn't quite like the idea of using an app for a simple thing like an alarm. Hence I uninstalled it.

1 more problem with using a 3rd party app is, if I mistakenly clear that app from the cache then the alarm won't go off. While, the benefit of using the stock alarm is that even if the "clock" is cleared from the cache the alarm mechanism doesn't get affected, it will work.

BTW, the solution given by SunnyBoi worked perfectly fine for me.

-Bhargav
i recommend 3rd party alarms over the OEM IMHO. curious why you need to bother with cache clearing etc. for alarms! I am not aware of such a need.

i use alarm clock xtreme with some loud fire alarm sirens. works like a charm. it has stubborn mode by making one solve a number of complex math problems - stuff that definitely makes me wake up and not absent mindedly turn it off as i do with other phones / apps!
Old 7th October 2014, 17:08   #19333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a question about the Moto E. It's a dual SIM phone. If only one SIM is used, then is the User Interaction more difficult than using a single SIM phone - i.e. for doing stuff, do you have everytime chose which SIM etc. Or can you insert 1 SIM, set it as the default and forget it - i.e. after doing this will it will behave like a single SIM Phone?
No changes, I gifted a Moto E to my dad and he has only one SIM and no issues using it as any other normal single SIM phone.

If you do insert the 2nd SIM, you can still preset which SIM to use for primary and which as secondary.
Old 7th October 2014, 17:55   #19334
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday evening, Flipkart automatically added a Mi3 into my cart and sent me an email to make the payment if I wanted a phone. My colleague wanted one and We ordered it for him today morning.

Then I came to know that Mi3 is added to the cart automatically to people who had failed to procure one even after registering for all the previous sales. I had done that to buy it for my cousin.

When everyone had venting anger on flipkart on their BIG BILLION DAY, we had something good to write about
Old 7th October 2014, 18:31   #19335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a Mi3 running the stock Android 4.4.2, MIUI v5. Since few days I have been facing this problem of my alarm not working. It just doesn't ring at the specified time.

Can you'll please tell me what can I do?
I have the Mi3 too and the alarm is working fine on my phone. Do check if any apps are conflicting with the alarm or if you have more than one alarm set up causing a conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
For every new alarm, go to select ringtone and assign some ringtone. this needs to be done only once. After that it will ring as usual.
this should resolve the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yesterday evening, Flipkart automatically added a Mi3 into my cart and sent me an email to make the payment if I wanted a phone.

Then I came to know that Mi3 is added to the cart automatically to people who had failed to procure one even after registering for all the previous sales.
I was surprised to see the mail too but since I already have the phone, I ignored the email.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks