Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 02:51   #19966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Cracked the screen on my xperia Z after close to 2 years and am looking for a worthy successor.

Took the phone to the service station, who has said that they can take in the phone for out of warranty repair. They will replace it with a refurb at a discounted billing of 12000/-and three months repair warranty. This process will take upwards of 4 weeks.

Bought a micromax canvas a1 as email was very important until a decision was made.

so, when is the nexus 6 pre launch starting at play store for india. I am hoping that it should be available before jan end. Will it make it before christmas?
Old 6th December 2014, 09:38   #19967
BHPian

Need an OPO invite for a very close relative. If any body has spare one to share, send it at gg.rash@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Old 6th December 2014, 15:54   #19968
Senior - BHPian

Bought Moto G2 for dad from flipkart @ 12,999. First time purchased an article from flipkart. Overall experience was good. They kept sending regular smses from the time of ordering the phone till it was delivered.

Moto G2 is very nice phone for first time Android smartphone users. In range of 10-15k probably the best phone.

Does MotoG2 has battery level indicator in % along with battery symbol? If yes then how can i activate it. Also I am not able to find one touch widget for changing profile of the phone from vibrate-silent-loud?

And when Moto G2 is expected to receive Android 5.0 update?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1417861116332.jpg  

Old 6th December 2014, 17:41   #19969
BHPian

Hi All,

I've been eagerly tracking the One Plus One launch and am really keen to get an invite. In case anyone has an extra invite, can you please PM me.

Regards
Premjit
Old 6th December 2014, 18:18   #19970
BHPian

Got an OPO Invite and bought one for my friend. I should receive a couple of sharable invites too sometime soon.

Must say, I am impressed with the phone.
Old 7th December 2014, 02:46   #19971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

[Asus Fonepad 2014...]

USB OTG: I've tried a thumb drive, and that works ok. Anybody here tried USB audio to a DAC? I should probably start with google on that.
I can also connect to an external USB drive via a powered hub. Tested looking around directories and files, but did not actually copy/move anything. In principle, at least, a tablet with 1Tb external data attached

More problems with the MTP USB protocol and Ubuntu 12.04, though. GUI-file-manager copies of large directories just hang. However, they work from the command line. I have multiple Gb of music to copy. I should use a card reader. I will. Just, I still have enough techie in me to like an occasional session of .

And more of that experience with trying for USB audio. An app called USBAudioTester recognises my DAC, but I have not managed to get a whisper out of it.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th December 2014 at 02:48.
Old 7th December 2014, 08:25   #19972
BHPian

Anyone receive Lollipop OTA for their 2013 MotoG yet? Lot of rumours out there on the interwebs about Indian users receiving OTAs.
Old 7th December 2014, 08:54   #19973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Anyone receive Lollipop OTA for their 2013 MotoG yet? Lot of rumours out there on the interwebs about Indian users receiving OTAs.
Not yet. Eagerly waiting for it.
Old 7th December 2014, 09:21   #19974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

so, when is the nexus 6 pre launch starting at play store for india. I am hoping that it should be available before jan end. Will it make it before christmas?
It was up for pre-order on Flipkart a couple of weeks ago and it was said that it would be delivered in the 3rd week of December.
Would recommend buying from Flipkart as they had very nice launch offers.
Old 7th December 2014, 16:20   #19975
Distinguished - BHPian

[about Asus Fonepad...]

Well, about Android generally, I suppose. This is like encountering it for the first time again!

Ads, Ads, Ads! I had forgotten. I did not root my Defy+ until it was out of warranty, but I thought I had replaced the hosts file, using adb, before that, but browsing now suggests that the device must be rooted.
Old 7th December 2014, 20:02   #19976
Senior - BHPian

What about Nexus 7 2012 - hasn't it received the L OTA update yet? No notification yet on my tab...
Old 7th December 2014, 23:10   #19977
BHPian

Shocking news, guys. My friend has a Nexus 5 and he recently upgraded to lollipop. Everything seemed fine for a few weeks but then yesterday his phone switched off all of a sudden. It hasn't switched on since. The thing is stuck on bootloop, like when you've soft bricked your phone!

Last edited by Suraj25 : 7th December 2014 at 23:15.
Old 7th December 2014, 23:20   #19978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
What about Nexus 7 2012 - hasn't it received the L OTA update yet? No notification yet on my tab...
I did get a notification for Lollipop in mid November. I downloaded it and when I tried to install, it just vanished. Now there is no OTA notification and my Nexus 7 is still on Kitkat. On checking for software update, it says that software is up to date.
Old 8th December 2014, 01:18   #19979
BHPian

I upgraded my nexus 4 to lollypop and rooted the phone using CH auto root since it is out of warranty.

Everything works fine now, the phone is super smooth and fast after removing the unwanted system app.

The camera issue in nexus 4 has been fixed in lollypop. The battery performance on the nexus 4 remains the same, at times the phone switches off for no reason. It takes a while to restart the phone, the power button doesn't work during this time frame.
Old 8th December 2014, 01:27   #19980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
at times the phone switches off for no reason. It takes a while to restart the phone, the power button doesn't work during this time frame.
This is exactly what was happening with my friend's phone before it switched off for good! His phone wasn't rooted though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks