Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2014, 17:08   #20221
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The wife has intermittent call quality issues at office and has been quite frustrated with the OnePlus in that one department - you need to disconnect some calls because the audio is quite bad. On reconnection it'll work okay. We'll observe it else off to the service center it is.

Among the 5 odd people I know who have it - she's the only one having this issue!
I am using one plus one for the last 3 weeks and have never faced this issue. Could be the problem with network.
Old 29th December 2014, 17:10   #20222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I am using one plus one for the last 3 weeks and have never faced this issue. Could be the problem with network.
That's the funny part - she was using the same SIM on GNex happily earlier, and its a corporate connection, therefore I can understand problems at home, but not at office.

The behavior is the same whether on 2G or 3G.

The SIM is also recent - it was replaced in July 2013. Should we replace SIM again just to be sure?

What other changes would you recommend to help isolating / solving the problem?
Old 29th December 2014, 18:42   #20223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I did get the update some 2-3 weeks back and have been regretting the Lollipop install. It has become very very slow and crashes every minute in most of the applications. I wiped out everything and did a hard reset and running on very minimum apps. Facebook crashes still. Chrome, TBHP are holding on better. Now I want to get back to Kitkat.
Sorry, haven't been able to get on TBHP lately.

Hows it going now? Its amazing that Google can't get their OS to run as it should even on Nexus devices. Seems a lot of Nexus 7 users are having issues. Glad I didn't get the notification to update. Still haven't! Have others got it yet (esp. for 2012 model)? Anyway, I'm not going to update it even if I get the notification, unless I get positive reviews.
Old 30th December 2014, 10:23   #20224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

Hows it going now?
The nexus 7 2012 on Lollipop is still bad. It is very inconsistent. Some days it is reasonable but most other days, it is terrible. Google is apparently releasing Lollipop 5.0.2 for nexus 7 2012 problems. I haven't recieved the OTA yet. However downloaded the factory image. But not being very tech savvy, I have not installed it yet. Busy going through youtube videos how to install.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:38   #20225
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

A slight OT question here. Is there a way we can change the region in our Google ID? Play store? I moved to Australia and i am still getting India Play store prices & device listings. I am trying to download some apps and its giving me "Not for your region' error.

I tried to Google about it, but couldn't get any results.

I am using a Global GSM Single SIM variant of Moto G purchased from USA.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 30th December 2014 at 11:47.
Old 30th December 2014, 12:05   #20226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Guys,

A slight OT question here. Is there a way we can change the region in our Google ID? Play store? I moved to Australia and i am still getting India Play store prices & device listings. I am trying to download some apps and its giving me "Not for your region' error.

Regards,
Let me know what to do as well. I was there recently and just couldn't download local apps (e.g urbanspoon) in spite of multiple reboots.
Old 30th December 2014, 12:11   #20227
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am using a Global GSM Single SIM variant of Moto G purchased from USA.

Regards,
Very pertinent query.

I have a similar US Global GSM Moto G. But my problem is different. I cannot get Indian prices or Indian play store. I only get the US site with prices in dollars. :-(
At least you got the Indian store while here. I have tried keeping location services on continuously. To no avail.

Anybody know how to change this?
Old 30th December 2014, 12:39   #20228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know what to do as well. I was there recently and just couldn't download local apps (e.g urbanspoon) in spite of multiple reboots.
I think you need to change the billing address and then it will let you access that Android market in that country.
Old 30th December 2014, 12:47   #20229
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Quote:
Let me know what to do as well. I was
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Very pertinent query.
Clear the cache and all the data related to the Google play services then add a credit or debit card of the country you are in and proceed till the registration. It will switch.

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 30th December 2014 at 12:49.
Old 30th December 2014, 13:16   #20230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think you need to change the billing address and then it will let you access that Android market in that country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Clear the cache and all the data related to the Google play services then add a credit or debit card of the country you are in and proceed till the registration. It will switch.
Thanks a lot guys but it doesn't solve my issue.

I am in a country only for a couple of weeks / months - visit as opposed to emigration!

Say I'm in Australia as a tourist - now ideally I should be able to download their *free* restaurant / local discovery apps, right? I can imagine this restriction if it wants to prevent me from watching region restricted movies. Adding a local CC is quite pointless - I never get one in my foreign travels. This is sad in that case.

Its slightly more complicated - the wife reminds me that in my last EU trip (spain, 2012) somehow we were getting prices in EUR and all other apps were available to us as locals. Seems Google has tightened restrictions of late. Don't see what the point is.
Old 30th December 2014, 13:32   #20231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys but it doesn't solve my issue.

I am in a country only for a couple of weeks / months - visit as opposed to emigration!

Say I'm in Australia as a tourist - now ideally I should be able to download their *free* restaurant / local discovery apps, right? I can imagine this restriction if it wants to prevent me from watching region restricted movies. Adding a local CC is quite pointless - I never get one in my foreign travels. This is sad in that case.

Its slightly more complicated - the wife reminds me that in my last EU trip (spain, 2012) somehow we were getting prices in EUR and all other apps were available to us as locals. Seems Google has tightened restrictions of late. Don't see what the point is.
I think it is do with local credit card regulations. An Indian credit card might not be subject to regulations in Australia or something on those lines. I do not see why google would have a problem with it.

Had to do the same on my iPhone to get the apps which were available only in USA app store. As a bonus, also got access to iTunes radio
Old 30th December 2014, 14:54   #20232
BANNED

Pray can someone educate me about the difference between a normal, Mini, Micro and nano-SIM! I thought there were only three sizes, normal, Micro, nano (pioneered by the iPhone).
Old 30th December 2014, 15:34   #20233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Pray can someone educate me about the difference between a normal, Mini, Micro and nano-SIM! I thought there were only three sizes, normal, Micro, nano (pioneered by the iPhone).

Here is the visual comparison. Mini sim is the regular sim that we have been using all these years.
Old 30th December 2014, 15:36   #20234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
..the difference between a normal, Mini, Micro and nano-SIM!
My understanding is Normal & Mini are the same. Earlier there was just one type; so no one was referring to it as 'mini', it was just a 'sim'.

Edit:
Dimensions from the google
Mini-SIM
25×15×0.76mm

Micro-SIM
15×12×0.76mm

Nano-SIM
12.3×8.8×0.67mm

Edit2: Looks like there was a Bigger sim earlier. Details. I never knew about this one.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 30th December 2014 at 15:39. Reason: Additional info
Old 30th December 2014, 16:04   #20235
BHPian

Anyone needs Redmi Note 4G, got 1 in my cart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks