Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 13:13   #22291
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Got my One Plus 2 yesterday. First impressions: Phone not worth the hype. It gets heated up very frequently, even without any heavy duty usage. Test ran NFS No Limits on the phone, did not notice tremendous gaming performance as the specs suggest. Plus points: Good looking, Solid Build Quality, fingerprint scanner. Note to self: Never buy cheaper phones from these Chinese companies. Returned the phone to Amazon today.

Last edited by OHCVtec : 17th November 2015 at 13:15.
Old 17th November 2015, 13:41   #22292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Note to self: Never buy cheaper phones from these Chinese companies. Returned the phone to Amazon today.
I beg to differ here. I am using OPO and OPO is definitely worth the money when I brought. Even today, it's performance is flawless and being run on CM, no issues with the updates as well.
Old 17th November 2015, 15:39   #22293
BHPian

The Lenovo K3 Note is also a great choice for a budget phablet. Great screen, horrible UI (like many others in this segment eg Huawei, Asus, Xiaomi), big battery, very good performance from the octa core mediatek, decent camera, two gigs of RAM, and it's under 10k. A marshmallow update is all but confirmed as well.
Old 17th November 2015, 16:13   #22294
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used the Coolpad Note 3? My primary use is the iPhone but I need a secondary personal phone. The S3 is beyond redemption so am thinking of a sub 10k phone.

CN3 has everything I would want - good RAM, good battery and a finger print scanner for security. First hand reviews by heavy users would be appreciated.

It won't have mobile data usage but will be on wifi most of the day - the S3 doesn't last 12 hours. The iPhone doesn't need charging for over a day - I would hate to have the backup phone need regular charging despite limited mobile data usage.
Old 17th November 2015, 16:25   #22295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Anyone used the Coolpad Note 3? My primary use is the iPhone but I need a secondary personal phone. The S3 is beyond redemption so am thinking of a sub 10k phone.

CN3 has everything I would want - good RAM, good battery and a finger print scanner for security. First hand reviews by heavy users would be appreciated.

It won't have mobile data usage but will be on wifi most of the day - the S3 doesn't last 12 hours. The iPhone doesn't need charging for over a day - I would hate to have the backup phone need regular charging despite limited mobile data usage.
I have exactly the same use case as you. Using Coolpad for a couple of weeks now. I would say am satisfied. My primary phone is iPhone which is also a work phone. Using Coolpad Note 3 for some side businesses and occasional gaming. Battery life is decent for my usage, getting around 2-2.5 days on 4G/WiFi. Screen is not excellent but good enough. UI is smooth and Fingerprint reader is as useful as that of iPhone, it works most of the time.
Old 17th November 2015, 17:52   #22296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I beg to differ here. I am using OPO and OPO is definitely worth the money when I brought. Even today, it's performance is flawless and being run on CM, no issues with the updates as well.
I too am surprised to see OP bashing. You definitely get a bang for your bucks with any OnePlus phone for sure whether it is One, Two or X. I have been using OPO for past year and am more than satisfied. Do not see any reason to upgrade as of now. Regarding the heating of your OP2, you could have simply rooted the phone and used some apps like greenify or power nap to avoid that.
Old 17th November 2015, 20:45   #22297
Senior - BHPian

I think Redmi note 4G is an excellent phone. I've been using one for 6 months now!

Only grouse is:

Internal memory is 8 gigs. Around 4.1x GB was free when I took it out of the box.

Even after using a lot of apps, I have around 2.2 GB memory is free. I haven't installed any game which is big. Just have light games like Candy crush saga, Brain dots, RGB express etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
4. More Internal Memory for User to install Many apps
This is user dependent.
Also, Mi4i might be worth. Haven't heard the best feedback about Yureka/Yuphoria.

THe other options are lenovo k3 note/A7000 plus. Haven't heard any reviews about the same.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 17th November 2015 at 20:46.
Old 18th November 2015, 01:01   #22298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
My cousin (sister) wants a Spare phone with following requirements (not in particular order)-
1. Minimum 5.5" FHD
2. Nice Camera
3. Good amount of RAM
4. More Internal Memory for User to install Many apps
5. Single or Dual Sim- any will do.
6. Budget <10K
7. Should last for a Lifetime (her words)
8. Should be able to reduce the brightness to such level that does not strain eyes at night in dark. Her (as well as mine) Micromax phones put strain on eyes at night in dark surroundings even after keeping the brightness setting to least possible setting.

Which to go for?
She can wait till this Dec or Jan 2016.

I have much the same requirements. I have zeroed in on Lenovo Vibe P1 which unfortunately is not released in the market yet but should be very soon. It would cost around 15k though. But it has 2gb RAM which beats the HTC 820G+ and Sony C3 which at same price point have only 1gb RAM.

The Vibe P1 has 32gb inbuilt, 5.5 inch display, 2 gigs of RAM, Snapdragon 615 processor, 13mp+5mp cams, etc. check it out here http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_p1-7539.php . Anyone have any idea when this baby will be born folks?
Old 18th November 2015, 01:05   #22299
BHPian

This Indigo grand guy has some bug in his post. You can't successfully quote it and the message turns out incomplete, so posting my reply separately.

I have much the same requirements. I have zeroed in on Lenovo Vibe P1 which unfortunately is not released in the market yet but should be very soon. It would cost around 15k though. But it has 2gb RAM which beats the HTC 820G+ and Sony C3 which at same price point have only 1gb RAM.

The Vibe P1 has 32gb inbuilt, 5.5 inch display, 2 gigs of RAM, Snapdragon 615 processor, 13mp+5mp cams, etc. check it out here http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_p1-7539.php . Anyone have any idea when this baby will be born folks?
Old 18th November 2015, 10:04   #22300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post

In case you are referring to this one http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-vibe-...mechk5wmgkxkyq then it is already there in the market. And one of my friend is using it since last one month or so. He is very happy with it's performance, especially that monster battery!
Old 18th November 2015, 10:53   #22301
BHPian

My office uses the Mobile Iron app for work emails on Android. (I believe they used to use Good earlier). Phone in question is a stock Samsung S5 running Lollipop. I don't really need to have work mails on my phone, but it would have been damn convenient.
While checking out the Mobile Iron on the play store, I noticed the reviews and ratings were awful. Users complained about battery drain, requires encryption of sd card, frequent crashes, slows the phone down etc etc
Most of the people around me are on IOS and that works like a charm ( it uses some other application/software for work mails)
Anyone using Mobile Iron. I'm having a re-think. Like it's not worth it for a primary phone, probably makes sense if you have a second work phone..
Old 18th November 2015, 12:01   #22302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I have exactly the same use case as you. Using Coolpad for a couple of weeks now. I would say am satisfied. My primary phone is iPhone which is also a work phone. Using Coolpad Note 3 for some side businesses and occasional gaming. Battery life is decent for my usage, getting around 2-2.5 days on 4G/WiFi. Screen is not excellent but good enough. UI is smooth and Fingerprint reader is as useful as that of iPhone, it works most of the time.
Thanks boss - that's what i wanted to hear.

Please confirm that the phone is completely lag-free as stock. I have no patience to indulge it like Samsung - where it was rooted and custom ROM was put in a short period due to endless lags.

I'll wait for Amazon to launch an exchange offer and then go in for it by selling off my S3!
Old 18th November 2015, 14:40   #22303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Thanks boss - that's what i wanted to hear.

Please confirm that the phone is completely lag-free as stock. I have no patience to indulge it like Samsung - where it was rooted and custom ROM was put in a short period due to endless lags.

I'll wait for Amazon to launch an exchange offer and then go in for it by selling off my S3!
I haven't faced any lags till now. Being said that I have only around 10-15 third party apps on it. As of now, it's touchwood. Not iOS smooth, but definitely good by Android standards. Miles ahead of Touchwiz interface anyways (I know after using S4 for an year ).
Old 18th November 2015, 20:30   #22304
Senior - BHPian

Anybody here tried flashing android firmware in a non rooted smartphone in Linux using adb+fastboot and sp flash tool? Do we need to backup NVRAM and IMEI. I intend to flash only official firmware update to Android 5.0 only.
Old 18th November 2015, 21:02   #22305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Anybody here tried flashing android firmware in a non rooted smartphone in Linux using adb+fastboot and sp flash tool? Do we need to backup NVRAM and IMEI. I intend to flash only official firmware update to Android 5.0 only.
I used this procedure to root my phone.

It is a pain that almost all instructions assume that the user has Windows. And, of course, all the graphic tools are written for Windows.

I notice the the Mi fastboot images come with scripts for both Windows and Linux, though (,bat and .sh).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks