Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 16:59   #22381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Have you tried looking at the Honor 6? Seems to fit your requirements to the T.
Yes. Had a look at Honor 6. But haven't heard much about their service or phone experience. Otherwise it looks nice spec or lookwise. Do you have any feedback on it?
Old 29th November 2015, 18:53   #22382
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Yes. Had a look at Honor 6. But haven't heard much about their service or phone experience. Otherwise it looks nice spec or lookwise. Do you have any feedback on it?
Nope, not used it personally. But generally reviews are positive on YouTube and the web.

By the way, not sure if you have heard of the new phone being rolled out by former Apple CEO. You might want to take a look at this too. This will be available from next week I think.

http://www.androidauthority.com/obi-...-india-658580/
Old 30th November 2015, 09:22   #22383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Wifey's Mi3 (bought in the very first Flipkart flash sale) screen had cracked around a year back. Since there is no SVC in Nasik, I took it to a friendly neighborhood repair guy.

The LCD display was alright so he decided just to replace the front glass. Costed me all of 1500 bucks. Pasted a tempered glass screen on it immediately after the repair job. Not had an issue ever since.
Hmm, option worth exploring. The official service center, did not have the screen in stock and have asked me to check back after a week. :(
Old 1st December 2015, 19:51   #22384
BHPian

Needed some advice regarding upgrading my Moto G2 charger. The original one has an output of 500 mA, which is taking quite a long time to charge. Maybe also because my phone is ~15 months old, and the battery is showing early signs of ageing. Also, the charger takes like 8-9 hours to charge my 4000 mA Intex power bank!!

Will upgrading to a higher output charger help in improving charging speeds? Should I go for a 1A output charger or a 2A output one? My power bank says "Input 500-1000 mA", I'm not sure of any such ratings for my Moto G2.

If a get a 2A output charger, will it damage the power bank, or will it just charge at the 1A input rating the power bank comes with?

I'm not looking for something fancy or expensive. The charger should be reliable though.

I was looking at something like:
http://www.amazon.in/Portronics-2-1A.../dp/B00ON6HAR8
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:33   #22385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I got the Aukey home/travel charger, 3 ports, one with Quick-charge 2.

Normally I would avoid the American flat-pin plug model, but I like the way the prongs fold back into the box, and I'd probably be using an adapter for round pins anyway.

Now I only need to take one charger away with me when I travel.

This brand has become so popular here we ought to have an Aukey owners' thread!

~
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1449054137907.jpg

Thad,
Based on your recommendation, I just spent 5,000 rupees on the Aukey quick charger for my desk and car. If it doesn't work, I'm sending it to you
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:13   #22386
BHPian

I want to check which service provider has best network strength inside my house. Any apps for that? Have tried 'Open Signal' which gives coverage maps but Im looking for something which gives values in dBm.
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:30   #22387
Senior - BHPian

Re: HELP! Which Device - Mi4 or OnePlus X ?

If you don't play high end games, please buy a 3rd gen moto G. A friend has it and he's mighty pleased with the phone in every aspect. The stock android is wonderful, has a lot of free RAM, has great performance and excellent battery life. It's even faster than my mi4i.

The mi4 is an excellent phone. But I would still pick the Moto G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
- Should be 3GB RAM
Any particular reason for the 3GB RAM requirement? Unless you use extremely heavy games, 2GB of RAM will suffice.

Quote:
- Battery backup - should at least last 1 full day with 3G on during the day and Wifi in the evenings/mornings. Occasionally use GPS and Music streaming. So, battery should be good.
Not too sure of Oneplus X's battery life. It has a 25xx mAh battery compared to the segment standard of 3xxx mAh.
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:38   #22388
Team-BHP Support

I was looking at upgrading from my Moto X 2nd Gen. Only reason for upgrade was lack of 4G and very poor battery life in the Moto X.

The logical upgrade seemed to be the Moto X style and I was convinced, come December I'll pick one up. Yesterday I got a chance to see one up close as a colleague had picked it up and I was totally disappointed. The Moto X style was just too big to hold comfortably vs my Moto X 2nd Gen. It was thicker and longer and slightly wider. The Moto X 2nd Gen in comparison felt super sleek. The size just put me off. One handed operation was not possible.

I don't need the phone for gaming so not looking at really high end specs. However I don't want to go down below the Moto X 2nd gen too much.

Thinking if I should jump ship and look at the Nexus 5X which looks perfectly sized with very decent features and latest OS guaranteed.
Old 2nd December 2015, 18:53   #22389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I want to check which service provider has best network strength inside my house. Any apps for that? Have tried 'Open Signal' which gives coverage maps but Im looking for something which gives values in dBm.
The best way is to ask your neighbors. I did that when I moved to my current apartment. I asked a few; did not want to go with the recommendation of one. Am happy as I selected the one with the best signal (actually the only one with more than a few bars).
Old 2nd December 2015, 20:34   #22390
BANNED

My sister has a Bhawani 4 Gbps connection. But the facebook app on her Android tablet runs very slowly. Photos, videos etc take ages to load - sometimes it doesn't load at all. On her laptop using the same connection she can stream movies and watch them perfectly fine. When I installed speedtest.net on her Android tablet - it shows a 4Gbps speed.

So what could be the reason why facebook is so slow on her Android tablet? Some days it's OK & somedays it's very bad. Is there a chance Bhawani is throttling facebook traffic?
Old 2nd December 2015, 20:44   #22391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So what could be the reason why facebook is so slow on her Android tablet? Some days it's OK & somedays it's very bad. Is there a chance Bhawani is throttling facebook traffic?
I think the issue is with Facebook itself. I am facing very slow Facebook performance on my computer as well as on phone since last few days on my 4mbps Reliance broadband. Other sites are running fine, even download speed is perfectly fine.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:00   #22392
Senior - BHPian

A friend bought Redmi Note LCD Display + Touch Screen Digitizer from eBay. It works as good as the original one, says he. Don't know how long it'll last

He got it from seller india_haat for Rs 1944 excluding discounts
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:25   #22393
BHPian

Anyone looking for a One plus 2 or One plus x invite, PM me. I have both with me expiring in the coming few days.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:57   #22394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Anyone looking for a One plus 2 or One plus x invite, PM me. I have both with me expiring in the coming few days.
Do post it in The Smartphone Invite Sharing thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ng-thread.html
Old 3rd December 2015, 14:49   #22395
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Smartphone gurus, please recommend a model. Currently using an HTC One. 4.7" screen. Don't want a bigger phone (max 5", but prefer 4.7"). I think this is the ideal size.

Requirements are simple:

- 4G
- Fast
- Top notch quality
- 64 GB (SD card slot or internal). My music collection is ~50 GB
- Should have a good antenna. Network is patchy where I live

No budget as such, but no iPhone. Android only.

Thanks!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd December 2015 at 14:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks