BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Edit Ordered a moto G turbo in amazon. Wife wanted a 5 inch android
Old 15th February 2016, 22:15   #22862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Ordered Moto x play 32 GB version. Any reviews on this one? Does it get the Marshmallow updates?
I have a Moto X Play 16GB and I've been running Marshmallow for more than a month now!
Old 15th February 2016, 22:24   #22863
Distinguished - BHPian

Me too. It was available a short while after I got the phone. The update was painless, except that the first couple of attempts at downloading the file filed miserably due to sub-snail progress. I don't know where the problem was but I got it in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Ordered Moto x play 32 GB version. Any reviews on this one? Does it get the Marshmallow updates?
You have a yes from both of us

The doze feature certainly extends battery life, and Greenify enhances that further.
Old 15th February 2016, 22:48   #22864
BHPian

Thanks a lot I changed the order to Moto g turbo as my wife wanted a 5 inch screen
Old 15th February 2016, 23:00   #22865
Distinguished - BHPian

I too wanted a 5-inch screen, or rather the smaller size of phone.

In the end, it seemed that the X Play gives the bigger screen with not that much bigger body. Still miss my m4i, though.
Old 15th February 2016, 23:32   #22866
Senior - BHPian

Don't buy a cheap samsung. In other news, our office had recently bought a Galaxy A5 (if I recall right - all i know is that it costed 24k, in November) for a staffer. Within a month of being handed over and some 20 apps (just the usual truecaller, ToI, facebook etc) being installed, the damned phone hangs like no one's business.

It was a mess:
- It lagged like crazy
- You cannot pull down notifications
- You just could not restart - hold the power button down, but then the restart bar could not be clicked at all!
- Mail apps were rather slow.

I mean, I've seen S3 lag because of crappy touchwiz, but this was a new low in terms of crappiness for a phone bought just around 3 months back and with hardly any apps. Instead of being a useful device for the individual, its become a mini nightmare for the IT person. Just a data point for someone considering Samsung on a budget. DONT
Old 16th February 2016, 01:19   #22867
Senior - BHPian

Anybody waiting for the S7 edge? I am.
After the super lagging S3, I swore not to look at a Samsung again but the specs on the S7 do look quite impressive. the Edge feature does appeal. The rumoured 3600 mah battery would be useful since I use the device for Business.

Question though - has the Touchwiz now been diluted or is it still overbearing?
I currently use a Xperia Z3 which, with its near stock android, is really smooth. Hoping to see the same from Samsungs latest flagship.
Old 16th February 2016, 08:56   #22868

Hi guys, here is a small application that I have developed. It lets you monitor your vehicle's performance in real-time. Please check it out, its free to download on google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.pnda.goi.xhp

Here is a sample performance report of my father's Fiesta (1.5 TiVCT petrol, 107bhp)
Old 16th February 2016, 18:44   #22869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Why you want to go to CM11, why not CM13?

When you say phone is not detecting, how did you test it?
Did you by any chance use 'adb' commands, such as 'adb devices' to check if phone is connecting while phone being in bootloader?
If yes, you need to use fastboot, try 'fastboot devices' see if it shows your device.

Final question, why is CM12 is battery hog? Is there a difference with your phone usage with CM12 compared to CM11 (extra apps, different settings etc)?
My experience with CM12, has been quite underwhelming, the device is slower, battery lasts just about a day (from 100% in the morning to about 10-15% by 10 PM). Whereas CM11 was fantastic, fast and super efficient, I used to manage 2 days on one charge. My usage pattern is exactly the same and I use almost the same apps.

In Command Prompt, when I type 'ADB Devices' the phone gets detected, however when I reboot the device and restart it in FastBoot Mode and type 'FastBoot Devices' then the device does not detected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Do you really need to 'root' the device to install CM 11? Even I have OPO and couple of times i have gone back to previous versions of SW, just by booting the device in 'recovery' mode and then installing the SW. I always download the SWs and keep it in the 'root' folder so that recovery mode can see these SW files. If your query is something else, then ignore my message.
Almost all online guides and tutorials suggest that I should root the device for this. If this is not the case then I would like to know more about this method.

Last edited by maglev : 16th February 2016 at 18:48.
Old 16th February 2016, 23:45   #22870
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Almost all online guides and tutorials suggest that I should root the device for this. If this is not the case then I would like to know more about this method.
As I understand it, there is not really any concept of "root" for the recovery software. Stock recovery will be limited by design, custom recovery will be unlimited by design. "root" applies to the rom: I don't think it matters whether or not the rom is rooted when you flash a new one from recovery, because it is about to get wiped out.
Old 17th February 2016, 08:12   #22871
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdhaimo View Post
Hi guys, here is a small application that I have developed. It lets you monitor your vehicle's performance in real-time.
What is the App name ? Will search on Play Store.
Old 17th February 2016, 09:19   #22872
BHPian

Hey guys, need your help. Is there an easy to transfer contacts,messages, photos from iphone to android? Is there an app for the same?
Old 17th February 2016, 09:26   #22873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
What is the App name ? Will search on Play Store.
I checked it on Play store. The App is called XHP
Old 17th February 2016, 09:35   #22874
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Don't buy a cheap samsung.
I was advising my sister to buy a Samsung Note 3 Lite. It is priced at 7K [perhaps] and is a damn neat phone as per specs. But she got herself some Gionne and is pretty happy it.
Old 17th February 2016, 10:51   #22875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
My experience with CM12, has been quite underwhelming, the device is slower, battery lasts just about a day (from 100% in the morning to about 10-15% by 10 PM). Whereas CM11 was fantastic, fast and super efficient, I used to manage 2 days on one charge. My usage pattern is exactly the same and I use almost the same apps.

In Command Prompt, when I type 'ADB Devices' the phone gets detected, however when I reboot the device and restart it in FastBoot Mode and type 'FastBoot Devices' then the device does not detected.

Root is not required for what you are sugggesting. If you have a full install of the OEM software (CM11 in this case), then it'll work with OEM recovery.

if you have a software version that's packaged for custom recovery, then it needs rooting and installation of custom recovery.

What package do you have? A version downloaded from the manufacturer's site, or from something like XDA/cyanogenmod.org etc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks