Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2016, 16:38   #23326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I own a Moto G2, running on Android KitKat. My OTA update still shows Lollipop.
Has anyone else got the Marshmallow update?
Will I have to install Lollipop first to be able to upgrade to Marshmallow?

Please share your experience with OTA fellow Moto G2 users.
Yes. You'll have to upgrade to Lollipop first and then marshmallow. G2 got marshmallow months ago.
Old 25th April 2016, 00:16   #23327
BHPian

How can this happen for a one year old Moto G running CyanogenMod 13? Phone has become really sluggish these days. Please help! Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1461523573104.jpg
Old 25th April 2016, 00:31   #23328
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
How can this happen for a one year old Moto G running CyanogenMod 13? Phone has become really sluggish these days. Please help!
Check out memory usage of individual apps to get a better idea. There should be one or two culprits ideally, likely to be newly installed or updated apps.
Also, if you have Facebook, Messenger and Chrome, get rid of all three, as all three are memory and battery hogs. They stay in memory and eat up a lot of RAM. All also inflate to over 100MB each with usage usually. Use Facebook Lite and Opera Mini instead. Facebook Lite is less than 1MB in size, has almost all the functionality, doesn't inflate with usage and doesn't force to install messenger either. Similarly, Opera Mini is less than 5MB in size and has a nifty data saver mode. Both use very little RAM.
PS: Cool theme, by the way.

Last edited by mukul32 : 25th April 2016 at 00:49.
Old 25th April 2016, 10:52   #23329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Use Facebook Lite and Opera Mini instead. Facebook Lite is less than 1MB in size, has almost all the functionality, doesn't inflate with usage and doesn't force to install messenger either. Similarly, Opera Mini is less than 5MB in size and has a nifty data saver mode. Both use very little RAM.
Once, I remember when i tried to install FB lite it said, it is NOT available for your region. Now, I do not see when i search for the same. How does one get to install 'FB Lite'? Are there any work arounds?
Old 25th April 2016, 11:08   #23330
BHPian

Guys,is there an app used mostly by Bhpian where you can record the odometer readings and fuel intake quantity. Will be helpful in long run.
There are many apps in android store but not sure what to use. If anyone has used any of the apps and find it useful please let me know.
Old 25th April 2016, 13:03   #23331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Once, I remember when i tried to install FB lite it said, it is NOT available for your region. Now, I do not see when i search for the same. How does one get to install 'FB Lite'? Are there any work arounds?
Here's the download link. Download the latest APK, select unknown sources from security settings and install it. You're good to go!
Hope it helps.

Last edited by mukul32 : 25th April 2016 at 13:04.
Old 25th April 2016, 13:20   #23332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Guys,is there an app used mostly by Bhpian where you can record the odometer readings and fuel intake quantity. Will be helpful in long run.
There are many apps in android store but not sure what to use. If anyone has used any of the apps and find it useful please let me know.
The one I am using is called Fuellog. The free version allows one car. The paid Pro version allows more than one car and a few other features besides. Sadly this app does not appear to actively supported any more by the developer.

I like it because it is very simple to use unlike a lot of other apps thst require a lot of user input.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:08   #23333
Senior - BHPian

Guys my internet stops working onnmy samsung galaxy grand2 while taking a call even in 3g. It has a dual sim. Will using second sim for internet work while taking a call so i can use it connect to net and talk at same time. Anyone done this before.
Old 26th April 2016, 11:01   #23334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How can this happen for a one year old Moto G running CyanogenMod 13? Phone has become really sluggish these days. Please help! Attachment 1500378
Issues like these is why I am now an iPhone fan. I have all apps installed and active and nothing slows down. You can even use Skype for messaging, something that has *now* (1.25 years post purchase) begun to lag while multi-tasking in my wife's OPO. My friend's similar vintage MotoG2

But that said, its time to upgrade to a phone with more RAM. if you'll start uninstalling apps, then there's no point of buying a "smart" phone in the first place.

I'd strongly suggest RN3-3GB RAM/CN3 or even the asus 4GB RAM zenfone2 variants.
Old 26th April 2016, 13:12   #23335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How can this happen for a one year old Moto G running CyanogenMod 13? Phone has become really sluggish these days. Please help!
1. See which all apps are running. Uninstall some apps like Facebook. Use Facebook on chrome.
2. Use Greenify for killing (or hibernating) apps.
3. (Most expensive option) Buy a new device. Weren't you already planning to buy a new device some time back?

Hope this helps.
Old 26th April 2016, 14:13   #23336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys my internet stops working onnmy samsung galaxy grand2 while taking a call even in 3g. It has a dual sim. Will using second sim for internet work while taking a call so i can use it connect to net and talk at same time. Anyone done this before.
Are you using your second sim for Internet and first sim for voice? In that case I have an explanation. Most dual sim phones cut off one sim while the other is being used for voice. That may be happening for you.
Old 26th April 2016, 16:13   #23337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I prefer stock Android which is one thing I loved in the OnePlus X.
I think the notion that the OnePlus devices run "stock" android is a myth. At least in my One it is indeed a skinned Android, just that the default skin (theme) looks like stock. But yes, they come with much less bloatware than the Sammys and the LGs. Talking about bloatware, even the nexus could do without the various google apps like Google+, Hangouts, Newsstand etc. I could always install one if I need it.
Old 26th April 2016, 17:23   #23338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I think the notion that the OnePlus devices run "stock" android is a myth. At least in my One it is indeed a skinned Android, just that the default skin (theme) looks like stock. But yes, they come with much less bloatware than the Sammys and the LGs. Talking about bloatware, even the nexus could do without the various google apps like Google+, Hangouts, Newsstand etc. I could always install one if I need it.
'Stock Android' isn't just about the launcher or theme that the device runs on, but the entire ROM. And yes, even though not technically 'stock' (as in Nexii), OP's are for all practical purposes, stock Android devices. The core of stock Android isn't modified in any way, only small features are added in a few places without disturbing the look and feel of stock Android.
They don't have completely different settings menus, notification panels, launcher menus, stock apps (calculator, calendar, etc) like Sammy and LG. And as for the default theme, if your phone is running Cyanogen instead of Oxygen, it may have a different colour theme and icons, that's it. No serious changes to the actual OS there.
Old 26th April 2016, 20:10   #23339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would love to see how your phone managed to actually eat all the RAM.

Are you using a nightly build? Is there a newer version available by chance?
Old 26th April 2016, 22:19   #23340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
I get you are saying. Yes, its a good handset at a great price.
The Redmi Note 3 (RN3) was my first choice, and I was not even considering any other device until the afternoon of 20-April. The lack of easy availability of the RN3 is making me look elsewhere.
Their sale model makes me feel desperate at 2pm on Wednesdays. Gives a sense of too much importance being given to the device, more than it may deserve.
http://www.flipkart.com/moto-x-2nd-g...me7yb9cj9ghfvg
if you don't need dual-sim that is. The phone isn't too bad IMHO and has the flagship version of the 801. With four mics i think you'll get outstanding audio quality!

mi4-64 isnt available anymore :(

sale model is bad, but even tomorrow, open sale doesnt guarantee you'll get the device. it just means no regn required, and they claim more devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Mi India is conducting an open sale on 27th April 2pm. No registration required. Why don't you try again? I heard they have imported huge number of handsets this time.
I think its made in India, so no imports - but yes, more stocks. let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Fuelio. beautiful. much nicer and polished vs Mileage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks