Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 22:38   #23341
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The one I am using is called Fuellog. The free version allows one car. The paid Pro version allows more than one car and a few other features besides. Sadly this app does not appear to actively supported any more by the developer.
+1

I have been using the paid version for near 4 years. Works like a charm. What the paid version gives is an excel/CSV export/import feature. I use that to upload that data to cloud and hold my stats.

When changing phones, I just need to download the data from cloud and reload it to the app. And continue where I left out.

Last edited by ampere : 27th April 2016 at 07:22. Reason: Typo Fixed
Old 27th April 2016, 10:30   #23342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
http://www.flipkart.com/moto-x-2nd-g...me7yb9cj9ghfvg
if you don't need dual-sim that is. The phone isn't too bad IMHO and has the flagship version of the 801. With four mics i think you'll get outstanding audio quality!

mi4-64 isnt available anymore :(

sale model is bad, but even tomorrow, open sale doesnt guarantee you'll get the device. it just means no regn required, and they claim more devices.
Thanks for the suggestion, but the Moto X won't make the cut for me. Internal memory of atleast 32GB is a must.

I was considering the Lenovo Vibe S1, and it has just received a price cut of Rs.2000 - now available for Rs.12,999.
Low capacity battery & higher price (meaning lesser value for money) seemed like the only two drawbacks versus the RN3. With the price cut, the RN3 has now lost the edge for me.

I will still attempt grabbing the RN3 32GB in the sale today, & give myself time till the 15min checkout window to decide whether I want to pick it (assuming I'm able to add it to my cart ), or go for the Vibe S1 available through an open sale.
Old 27th April 2016, 10:54   #23343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
I will still attempt grabbing the RN3 32GB in the sale today, & give myself time till the 15min checkout window to decide whether I want to pick it (assuming I'm able to add it to my cart ), or go for the Vibe S1 available through an open sale.
Hey tibby, incase you are able to add the Redmi Note 3 32GB to your cart, and within those 15 mins change your mind to Lenovo Vibe S1, please do not delete the Redmi Note 3.

I am also registered for today's 32GB sale, and attempting at getting a hold of the elusive device. Incase you do not want it, please send it out to my address on Cash-On-Delivery mode. I will PM you my number & address.

All the above if you are able to add the 32GB to your cart and later do not want to buy it within 15 mins
Old 27th April 2016, 12:40   #23344
BHPian

My wife has Tata CDMA. The old Samsung phone's qwerty keypad is not functioning properly and not available with any repair shops. There is no authorised service centre nearby.
So decided to look for new handset but even basic handsets are from Micromax not from tier 1 brands like Samsung Lg. HTC smartphone was available but reportedly it has many problems and costs nearly 16k.
Another one was Gionee Marathon 5 with mobile store. It also has gsm + cdma where I can utilise another gsm sim card.
Has anybody here used Gionee handset especially CDMA?
Old 27th April 2016, 14:16   #23345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey tibby, incase you are able to add the Redmi Note 3 32GB to your cart, and within those 15 mins change your mind to Lenovo Vibe S1, please do not delete the Redmi Note 3.

Can see 16GB Model available even after 17 mins of sale. Probably you may be interested
Old 27th April 2016, 14:27   #23346
BHPian

Re: RN3 32Gig on it's way home

Ordered Redmi Note 3 (32Gb) Gold color for wifey.
Order confirmed.

My first flash sale experience was like this:

I clicked on the "buy" button as soon as clock showed 2:00
I watched the "0% claimed" text message go on to 20->40->60->100% claimed, while "checking deal status" was going on and on..
Eventually, I was on wait list.

Then after 15 mins of "being on waitlist", it was available to be added in cart

Did it.
COD.

Done ordering.
Wait begins.

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 27th April 2016 at 14:32.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:32   #23347
Senior - BHPian

Yaaaaay !!!!

Wife got 32GB Gold
I got 32GB Dark Grey

Time for Biriyani tonight

PS: I have a 32GB Gold in my cart. Call me on 000-000-0000 (number removed now) if anyone wants it. 0 mins left.

On another note, I am a bit disappointed with the way this flash sale is happening. People (probably Amazon or Mi bots) merrily adding to cart and not checking out.
So what is hapenning is, although initially one doesn't get the desired phone, it becomes available after 20-30 mins. Hype marketing. Too bad a experience.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 27th April 2016 at 14:43.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:47   #23348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
My wife has Tata CDMA. The old Samsung phone's qwerty keypad is not functioning properly and not available with any repair shops. There is no authorised service centre nearby.
So decided to look for new handset but even basic handsets are from Micromax not from tier 1 brands like Samsung Lg. HTC smartphone was available but reportedly it has many problems and costs nearly 16k.
Another one was Gionee Marathon 5 with mobile store. It also has gsm + cdma where I can utilise another gsm sim card.
Has anybody here used Gionee handset especially CDMA?
Gift her an apple 5s! I suppose iphones can be used on CDMA too!
Old 27th April 2016, 15:29   #23349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yaaaaay !!!!

Wife got 32GB Gold
I got 32GB Dark Grey

Time for Biriyani tonight

PS: I have a 32GB Gold in my cart. Call me on 000-000-0000 (number removed now) if anyone wants it. 0 mins left.

On another note, I am a bit disappointed with the way this flash sale is happening. People (probably Amazon or Mi bots) merrily adding to cart and not checking out.
So what is hapenning is, although initially one doesn't get the desired phone, it becomes available after 20-30 mins. Hype marketing. Too bad a experience.
Ditto - achievement unlocked! I got Redmi Note 3 / 32GB as well today.

Clicked on mi.com buy button at the exact time but failed there - while on amazon, I tried ~30 sec later (mi showed a trying animation for ~2 min) and got through!

Any case recommendations? Not interested in warrior cases
http://www.amazon.in/Cellbell-Temper...K7K/ref=sr_1_6 is the tempered glass i'm considering.
Old 27th April 2016, 15:55   #23350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Clicked on mi.com buy button at the exact time but failed there - while on amazon, I tried ~30 sec later (mi showed a trying animation for ~2 min) and got through!

http://www.amazon.in/Cellbell-Temper...K7K/ref=sr_1_6 is the tempered glass i'm considering.
Mi India website is a fake stuff it seems ! That person running and the test saying you are in queue is utter stupidity. Amazon shows real time availability. I got both through Amazon only.

Bhai, go to any mobile recharge and accessories shop nearest to your home. Buy one for about Rs.100 and get it fixed professionally by them.

I somehow am not comfortable fixing these screen guards or glasses myself
Old 27th April 2016, 16:05   #23351
BHPian

Quote:

Cell Bell is the perfect for for redmi note 3. I am using it and I installed it on my own. No bubbles. Go ahead and buy it .
Old 27th April 2016, 16:21   #23352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Cell Bell is the perfect for for redmi note 3. I am using it and I installed it on my own. No bubbles. Go ahead and buy it .
Thanks man.

Quote:
Bhai, go to any mobile recharge and accessories shop nearest to your home. Buy one for about Rs.100 and get it fixed professionally by them.

I somehow am not comfortable fixing these screen guards or glasses myself
I buy quality stuff myself and then pay them 50rs each time to fix it. I doubt Gurgaon would have more than a couple of thousand RN3 owners, so why take a chance? They would otherwise fool you and put some other crappy "generic" tempered glass which would foul with the case or with some sensor (e.g proximity). I could not find a tempered glass made FOR HTC 820 ever - even the ones made for HTC 816 did not fit it. Since then, better safe than sorry.
Old 27th April 2016, 19:30   #23353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Ordered Redmi Note 3 (32Gb) Gold color for wifey.
Order confirmed.
Ace.
Quote:
Yaaaaay !!!!

Wife got 32GB Gold
I got 32GB Dark Grey
Quote:
Its raining RN3s today. I too would have loved to get my hands on the slightly higher spec version. But I guess good things come to those who wait.
Old 27th April 2016, 19:39   #23354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post

Its raining RN3s today. I too would have loved to get my hands on the slightly higher spec version. But I guess good things come to those who wait.
Errr, we all got the higher spec'ed Redmi Note 3 - 3GB / 32 GB variant.

I had a spare in my cart for 15 mins. Wish you had seen it when I posted it. Could have COD'ed to you
Old 27th April 2016, 19:50   #23355
BHPian

Quote:
Errr, we all got the higher spec'ed Redmi Note 3 - 3GB / 32 GB variant.

I had a spare in my cart for 15 mins. Wish you had seen it when I posted it. Could have COD'ed to you
Yes, I saw that everyone has got the higher spec version. I actually bought the 2GB/16GB variant a few weeks back when 3GB one was out of reach.

I don't mind having another RN3 as long as it is not COD.

Most Viewed