Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 11:12   #24421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Go and enroll yourself in the Beta program - https://www.google.com/android/beta?u=0

You will immediately get the N update. Post update you can remove your device from the Beta program.

Since the release is the final one, your device will retain the OS.

Did this on my 6P.
Thanks man. Got the notification immediately !
Old 9th September 2016, 10:37   #24422
Senior - BHPian

Re: Matte Screen Guard for Redmi Note 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am unable to find matte screen guard for my 'Redmi Note 3', in most mobile outlets in south b'lore. The one, I got the with the phone got peeled off...
My brother had the same preference for a matte screen guard for his OPO. Its been a year and now the screen looks bad with scratches on the matte guard.

I've been using a tempered glass for my Mi3 since 2.5 years. Until it developed a small crack after a fall last month, there were no scratches visible due to the tempered glass' scratch resistance. It has protected my phone's screen at multiple times during a fall from heights upto 5 ft. Best part is it cost me barely Rs.150/-. Immediately bought another tempered glass.

I have ordered a Redmi Note 3 for my mum. Does the Gold colour look cheap ? I know its abit subjective, I would've preferred Dark Grey for myself. But would women like the 'Gold' shade they have ?
Old 9th September 2016, 10:43   #24423
Senior - BHPian

Re: Matte Screen Guard for Redmi Note 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

I have ordered a Redmi Note 3 for my mum. Does the Gold colour look cheap ? I know its abit subjective, I would've preferred Dark Grey for myself. But would women like the 'Gold' shade they have ?
Got a gold RN3 for my mom too, she loves it. Only problem with gold is that if you put any cover on the phone it starts to look cheap.
Old 9th September 2016, 15:39   #24424
BHPian

Does Moto X Play support GLONASS in addition to GPS or is it only GPS?
Some websites say it supports, some say it does not.
Can a Moto X Play owner here kindly clarify on this please?
Installing GPS Test and looking for sat numbers 65 to 88 will indicate GLONASS support.
http://developer.sonymobile.com/know...ogies/glonass/
Old 9th September 2016, 17:50   #24425
BHPian

My Nexus 5X screen has developed scratches on the screen. I don't use screen guards in my phones. My other phone, the Lumia 925, does not have a single scratch. Even the OPO never got a scratch. Wonder what went wrong with the 5X. Perhaps that is what you get for the low price.
Old 9th September 2016, 18:20   #24426
Senior - BHPian

Got the MIUI update for my Mi Max. Waaaaaah - I liked MIUI 7 better! Something is just not right on MIUI8 - though I like the option of spaces etc.
Old 9th September 2016, 19:41   #24427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Got the MIUI update for my Mi Max. Waaaaaah - I liked MIUI 7 better! Something is just not right on MIUI8 - though I like the option of spaces etc.
I was on the MiUI 8 beta on the Redmi 3S Prime and downgraded yesterday. It also made the phone extremely sluggish. So I hear you!

Talking about the Redmi 3S Prime The battery life is insane. Since I barely use the phone, my battery life is 5 days on the phone. It's pretty PHENOMENALAndroid Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1473430296557.jpg
Old 9th September 2016, 20:37   #24428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Talking about the Redmi 3S Prime The battery life is insane. Since I barely use the phone, my battery life is 5 days on the phone. It's pretty PHENOMENALAttachment 1552391
I see you are on Jio. Would like some reports. Howz the intercalling? I have so far judged that as of now its all a hullabaloo about nothing. What free calling? You're charging for data. Its the same thing. No wonder the other networks are unfazed. It's good as a futuristic way of things but will take time is what I believe. What do you say? Are you enjoying it. I think Jio may influence battery life too.
Old 9th September 2016, 20:53   #24429
BANNED

Got a 508 MB system update for my moto G4 plus today. Things look same to me. Boss also gave his official SIM to me, and left on a 15 day holiday. so far was on single SIM. So battery usage would'nt be strictly comparable. Android version is still 6.0.1. other things have a MPJ in version number-
Old 9th September 2016, 21:00   #24430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I see you are on Jio. Would like some reports. Howz the intercalling? I have so far judged that as of now its all a hullabaloo about nothing. What free calling? You're charging for data. Its the same thing. No wonder the other networks are unfazed. It's good as a futuristic way of things but will take time is what I believe. What do you say? Are you enjoying it. I think Jio may influence battery life too.
Volte or jiojoin calls are not charged for data. It is in the FAQ of jio website. Calls are fully free
Old 9th September 2016, 22:00   #24431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Got a gold RN3 for my mom too, she loves it. Only problem with gold is that if you put any cover on the phone it starts to look cheap.
Thanks! I guess a tempered screen protector should help. Any clue if Xiaomi sells insurance at the ASC at the same price (600) as it offered on MiStore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Thanks, will not urge Xiaomi to roll out MIUI8 for other models until all these bugs are fixed! Another question *pls refer below*

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I was on the MiUI 8 beta on the Redmi 3S Prime and downgraded yesterday...
Was the battery life good in for you'll in MIUI7 after the upgrade to Marshmallow?

My Mi3 started giving me terrible battery life exactly after the update. The 3050mAh battery lasts me barely ~5hrs with just interminent data usage.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 9th September 2016 at 22:27.
Old 10th September 2016, 02:11   #24432
BHPian

After having tried multiple screenguards and removing them from my one plus three because of poor fit, I am now thinking of using the phone without any. Let me know if one plus three is good enough to withstand normal daily use. I am a fairly careful person and have the phone encased in a transparent back cover and always use a belt pouch.
Old 11th September 2016, 23:02   #24433
BHPian

Did anyone hear about the battery exploding issues of Note 7? They were recalled in the US. I was on the verge of booking one and now I am stuck if I should wait for updated ones or go for the S7 EDGE.

Any news from the forum if anyone has heard about the Note 7 blunders?
Old 11th September 2016, 23:33   #24434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
Did anyone hear about the battery exploding issues of Note 7? ...
Haven't followed the news closely, as it does not affect me, but isn't this recall international? Isn't this thing dangerous?

Old 12th September 2016, 00:18   #24435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Isn't this thing dangerous?
Singapore airlines have banned this from being onboard. Wonder how they will enforce it, nightmare scenario.

Most Viewed