Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2016, 14:14   #24706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Picked up a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in Gold Platinum .....
Congratulations!

Quote:
. Best time to pick up the S7/Edge if anyone's interested.

Cheers...
I think the best time would be around Diwali. Now with Moto Z in the fray, I think S7 prices should go down by 3-4000 Rs.
Old 17th October 2016, 14:52   #24707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
This should not be happening. Is there a problem with the charging point or the oem charger?
Nothing at all. I changed charging points and chargers.

But when I charge using the power bank, it is not there. How do I prove it at the service center? My wife felt the mild shock but not my brother in law. Will a multi-meter suffice?
Old 17th October 2016, 15:23   #24708
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Folks - I am facing a strange problem with my mother's Nexus 5; it just keeps on rebooting every few seconds, doesn't even get to the standby screen, just keeps on re-starting. I have not done any upgrades or anything, still running Kit kat, out-of-the-box since April 2014. We've been super duper happy with the phone until last night when this happened.

Any leads what could be the problem? I tried holding down volume up+down+power button simultaneously but even that screen cycles too fast for me to select any option.

Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 16:03   #24709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Nothing at all. I changed charging points and chargers.

But when I charge using the power bank, it is not there. How do I prove it at the service center? My wife felt the mild shock but not my brother in law. Will a multi-meter suffice?
I think it's got something to do with the earthing at your residence. Try charging it from your neighbors flat or from your office and if the problem persists then only visit the service center

Last edited by auto_enthusiast : 17th October 2016 at 16:04.
Old 17th October 2016, 16:34   #24710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Now with Moto Z in the fray
Motorola is trying something new with the Motomods. But I don't really see them catching on based on what the total framework will eventually cost the end user. Unlike Apple, it still has some way to go to challenge Samsung on the cutting edge of design.

Cheers...
Old 17th October 2016, 17:03   #24711
BHPian

@thoma agreed with @auto_enthusiast it is most certainly not a problem with the phone

@rjk please check https://productforums.google.com/for...us/kMEBTRCadYE
Old 17th October 2016, 17:45   #24712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
I think it's got something to do with the earthing at your residence. Try charging it from your neighbors flat or from your office and if the problem persists then only visit the service center
I tried the neighbor's socket. The same thing persists.

Will checking with a multi-meter help to prove my point? But before buying one I want to make sure it does.
Old 17th October 2016, 19:12   #24713
BHPian

Hi. Anybody using Samsung A7?
This is for my wife at home. Main usage shall be wifi, whatsapp, youtube video. Requirement is 2 sim with expandable memory (non-hybrid since 2 sims shall be used), 32 gb internal memory, 3 gb Ram. Battery should last at least 24 hours. Don't want to venture other than Samsung Sony or Lg Moto.
Budget is not issue.
Old 17th October 2016, 19:44   #24714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
This is for my wife at home. Main usage shall be wifi, whatsapp, Youtube video. Requirement is 2 sim with expandable memory (non-hybrid since 2 sims shall be used), 32 gb internal memory, 3 gb Ram. Battery should last at least 24 hours. Don't want to venture other than Samsung Sony or Lg Moto.
Budget is not issue.
The A7 is a beautiful phone, but the internal memory is again 16gb. The Motorola Xmas play and style are available in 32 gb and 16 gb guises. They come with good offers now.
Old 17th October 2016, 20:33   #24715
BHPian

Quote:
This is for my wife at home. Main usage shall be wifi, whatsapp, Youtube video. Requirement is 2 sim with expandable memory (non-hybrid since 2 sims shall be used), 32 gb internal memory, 3 gb Ram. Battery should last at least 24 hours. Don't want to venture other than Samsung Sony or Lg Moto.
Budget is not issue.
My friend is using A7 for over a year, he really likes the same. I believe sim slot is hybrid.

There are way too many phones to recommend without a specific budget defined. Use gsmarena phone finder feature to input your requirements and check the results. Then the ones you like just check the review and book online!

http://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
Old 17th October 2016, 21:28   #24716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Budget is not issue.
Moto g4 plus is wonderful. I like the vanilla android over Samsung's UI.
Old 17th October 2016, 22:39   #24717
Senior - BHPian

Lost my mobile (Nexus 5X) today :(

Have ordered the Xiaomi Mi5 32GB on Flipkart (for 17999). Any Mi5 users, is there anything I should be aware of? Am not a gamer. Phone is primarily used for general internet (Twitter, Quora, web) and camera and maps (sometimes)! Not used much for talking or music or anything else really.
Old 17th October 2016, 22:58   #24718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
@thoma agreed with @auto_enthusiast it is most certainly not a problem with the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
I took it to the local Xiaomi service center and a friendly engineer helped me by just checking the issue with his bare hands outside of office hours and said there definitely is some shorting and to get a replacement as soon as possible.

I'm trying for amazon returns but the stupid app used for initiating return, SmartChk, is not providing the right PIN to proceed further. Taken up the matter with amazon's customer care.
Old 18th October 2016, 11:06   #24719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Folks - I am facing a strange problem with my mother's Nexus 5; it just keeps on rebooting every few seconds, doesn't even get to the standby screen, just keeps on re-starting.
Better take it to LG service center. It's just software problem.

If you are bit of technical, look for help on net and you will get complete procedure for overcoming this problem with pictures and videos.

I will also suggest you to upgrade the software to Marshmellow.
Old 18th October 2016, 12:36   #24720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is for my wife at home.
Though not A8, but I got the better half a On8 and I feel it's a great phone for the buck (13.5k) and perfect for your requirements. Full HD SmOLED, Dedicated 2 sim slots and a separate SD card slot, 16GB internal but expandable to 128GB, 3GB Ram, 3300mAh battery and quad core processor. If you want full metal body then you can go for the slightly pricier J7 Prime which in addition also has a finger print scanner and gorilla glass but a LED screen instead of a SmOLED.

Cheers...

Most Viewed