Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 18:45   #24931
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Any Pixel users here? do share your experience with this device.

I looked at both the Pixel & the Pixel+ and the + is just too big for my liking. Would appreciate some feedback on the device(s) before putting cash down.
A friend got the Pixel and I must say the phone feels awesome to hold. It also looks much better than what you see in pictures. I have a Nexus 6p running 7.1, so the experience was pretty similar. The google assistant is a pretty cool exclusive feature.

My 6p is pretty fast in day to day usage but I found the Pixel to be significantly faster when HDR processing images. The camera is also top class as all the reviews say it is.

My only grouse with the Pixel is the price. I got my 6P at ~37k and for 20k more the Pixel is EXPENSIVE !
Old 9th November 2016, 20:02   #24932
Senior - BHPian

Im thinking of getting a tube of Bondic to make some invisible protectors for my phone. Im sure it will have many other uses also
Old 10th November 2016, 03:23   #24933
BHPian

Just got the Nougat preview on my Samsung S7 (flashed via Odin) and wow, it's superb. Still getting the hang of the new UI but so far, so good
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1478728370728.jpg
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1478728386888.jpgAndroid Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1478728399122.jpgAndroid Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1478728412200.jpgAndroid Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1478728424453.jpg
Old 10th November 2016, 13:15   #24934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
For people considering Moto Z play, please note that the SIM2 slot does NOT support 4G. This is irrespective of whatever the specs say.
Kindly see my note below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
No 4G on both the sims is a real deal breaker for me - more than the non-expandable storage on the One Plus 3. The way the mobile data market is shaping up, I am sure there's going to be multiple options for the customers in the days to come, and I would surely like to have dual 4G capability in my phone I am buying today in order to leverage the competition, not to mention the domination of different operators in different regions across the country.
I take back my statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
For folks using One Plus 3 -

1) Can anyone please confirm that 4G works on both the sims on the One Plus 3, and that all it takes is to go into Settings and change the Mobile Data option to Sim-2 to be able to use the 2nd sim's 4G data?
I can confirm this works on the Moto Z Play as well.

Good afternoon!

Just wanted to share an update on the Moto Z Play.

1) 4G VoLTE works only on Sim 1.

2) 4G also works on Sim 2, in case you need to use data services from Sim 2.

I had a closer look at my colleague's Moto Z Play today, and below screen shots illustrate the same -

4G VoLTE in Sim 1

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-2.jpg

Message prompt while you change to Sim 2 for 4G data

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-1.jpg

4G data on Airtel after switch over to Sim 2 is complete

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-3.jpg
Old 10th November 2016, 15:49   #24935
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

I purchased a OnePlus3 recently.

I have a very basic question. The phone comes with "dash" charger which i suppose has a proprietary USB charging interface.

Now my dilemma is, how can i use my car charger with the phone? The car charger i have is Anker make:

http://www.amazon.in/Anker-PowerDriv...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Do i need to purchase the OnePlus's dash car charger or can i use any ordinary car charger ?
Old 10th November 2016, 16:10   #24936
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hello,

I purchased a OnePlus3 recently.

I have a very basic question. The phone comes with "dash" charger which i suppose has a proprietary USB charging interface.

Now my dilemma is, how can i use my car charger with the phone? The car charger i have is Anker make:

http://www.amazon.in/Anker-PowerDriv...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Do i need to purchase the OnePlus's dash car charger or can i use any ordinary car charger ?
Any charger will charge the phone 'normally', you'll need a compatible dash/turbo/quick charger if you want the dash charge facility while on the move. Check specs carefully before you buy.
Old 10th November 2016, 16:29   #24937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Any charger will charge the phone 'normally', you'll need a compatible dash/turbo/quick charger if you want the dash charge facility while on the move. Check specs carefully before you buy.
I hope using a normal charger won't damage the phone in any way?
Old 10th November 2016, 16:45   #24938
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quite the opposite. Just make sure you're using good quality chargers and cables, and try to avoid using electrical outlets in unknown places.

The optimum way to charge an electrolytic battery is to trickle charge it (compared to quick charging) - though it usually doesn't matter these days because overall battery life is longer than most people keep their phones for, so there's no 'perceptible' degradation - meaning a slow charger is actually theoretically better for your battery.

Even dash/turbo charging principally works on the lower end of a battery's charge cycle (upto 60-odd percent), after which the charging circuit slowly lowers the input to the battery to prevent overheating/damage. The actual technology may vary (One Plus uses its own proprietary tech, while most others use Qualcomm's QuickCharge).

I have a Moto Turbo, and I regularly end up using non-turbo charging devices with it (chargers and power banks). Never had an issue.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th November 2016 at 16:50.
Old 10th November 2016, 19:14   #24939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One Plus make a car dash charger especially for the OP3. Retails for around 2.5 K rupees on Amazon. You could buy that for dash charging in your car.

Otherwise, you can use any Type C cable, plug it into your existing car charger and use that as well. The latter will not quick charge, but charge at normal rates.
Old 10th November 2016, 22:29   #24940
Senior - BHPian

Im using my old Samsung 2.1A Car charger with my Oneplus 3. I just put one of those tiny microUSB to USB C converters which I carry around in my pocket. Only done this a few times while using Maps otherwise one charge on the 1+3 easily gets me through the day.
Old 11th November 2016, 12:27   #24941
BHPian

Re: Redmi Note vs Lenovo Vibe K5 Note?

I am looking for 3GB models for around 10K budget for my sister and have zeroed in on Redmi Note 3 and Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.

She is NOT a gamer, just need a better device for everyday normal use, with no heating up issues and a good battery life.

- Which has a better android implementation among these two?

- Lenovo is on Android 6.0 and Redmi Note is stuck at 5.1. Would this be a issue?

- How is build quality?

- Camera performance?

Also, let me know if there any other contenders for around 10K.
Old 11th November 2016, 14:46   #24942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am looking for 3GB models for around 10K budget for my sister and have zeroed in on Redmi Note 3 and Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.

She is NOT a gamer, just need a better device for everyday normal use, with no heating up issues and a good battery life.

- Lenovo is on Android 6.0 and Redmi Note is stuck at 5.1. Would this be a issue?

- How is build quality?

- Camera performance?

RMN3 is already on Android 6 and the build is nothing to speak about they are just about average+. Same for Camera can't have everything in 10k.
Old 11th November 2016, 15:27   #24943
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

- How is build quality?

- Camera performance?

I own both of these and I like the Lenovo better due to these reasons:

1. It's got a full HD screen and Dolby surround sound speakers.

2. Two separate slots for the sims and a third slot for the memory card (the Redmi comes with a hybrid sim slot, so the second slot can accommodate either the second sim or the memory card).

3. Smaller screen than the Redmi Note 3 (5 inches), so much more comfortable to hold and does not feel too big.

4. Lesser in price than the Redmi Note 3.

5. Comes with a back cover and a screen guard in the box (but sadly, no earphones).

The Redmi has a slightly better processor (SD 650 against SD 616 on the Lenovo), but for normal daily use the difference in performance will not be noticeable.

The only downside is the 16GB internal memory on the Lenovo against 32GB on the Redmi. Your sister needs to decide whether she can live with that. Otherwise overall, the Lenovo offers much more for the money you pay compared to the Redmi Note 3.

Spec wise, the battery is better on the Note 3 but the one on Lenovo is not too bad, should be good enough for a day.

You can also consider the Redmi 3S Prime, which is a stripped down version of the Note 3, but the processor on that is inferior compared to the Lenovo.

Last edited by Oxy : 11th November 2016 at 15:35.
Old 11th November 2016, 21:00   #24944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
RMN3 is already on Android 6 and the build is nothing to speak about they are just about average+. Same for Camera can't have everything in 10k.
Well, I am on the latest firmware and it says MIUI 8 and Android 5.1.1 LMY47V

How did you get Android 6 on RN3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
1. It's got a full HD screen and Dolby surround sound speakers.

2. Two separate slots for the sims and a third slot for the memory card (the Redmi comes with a hybrid sim slot, so the second slot can accommodate either the second sim or the memory card).

3. Smaller screen than the Redmi Note 3 (5 inches), so much more comfortable to hold and does not feel too big.

4. Lesser in price than the Redmi Note 3.

5. Comes with a back cover and a screen guard in the box (but sadly, no earphones).

The Redmi has a slightly better processor (SD 650 against SD 616 on the Lenovo), but for normal daily use the difference in performance will not be noticeable.

The only downside is the 16GB internal memory on the Lenovo against 32GB on the Redmi. Your sister needs to decide whether she can live with that. Otherwise overall, the Lenovo offers much more for the money you pay compared to the Redmi Note 3.
There might be some confusion here. I am speaking about 'Lenovo Vibe K5 Note (Grey, 32 GB) (With 3 GB RAM)' which has 5.5 inch screen and the processor as 'Helio P10'
Old 11th November 2016, 21:16   #24945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I am on the latest firmware and it says MIUI 8 and Android 5.1.1 LMY47V

How did you get Android 6 on RN3?

My bad i got confused between Mi5 and RMN3 software. Since my friend has Mi5 and both has MIUI8 I forgot that its still on V5 for my RMN3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks