Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2016, 17:58   #25006
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I am looking at buying a phone for mom. Apart from Moto G4 plus,are there any other options I should be looking at ?
stay away from G4P, i have been using it since last couple of months and extremely disappointed with its performance. and it is not one-off case also, couple of my friends who brought it at the same time also experiencing the same.
Old 7th December 2016, 18:05   #25007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes, it has been confirmed. The update will come next year
This is a happy news. From where do I get these updates/news? (Apart from our lovely forum)
And thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 18:08   #25008
BHPian

I am looking for a 5", 3GB/32GB configuration and ended up with only 2 options Redmi3s prime or Lenovo K6 power.

Has anyone ordered Lenovo K6 power? Eagerly waiting for feedback especially comparing with respect to Redmi 3s prime.
Old 7th December 2016, 18:30   #25009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I am looking for a 5", 3GB/32GB configuration and ended up with only 2 options Redmi3s prime or Lenovo K6 power.

Has anyone ordered Lenovo K6 power? Eagerly waiting for feedback especially comparing with respect to Redmi 3s prime.
Did you look at Asus ZenFone 3 Max which is slightly bigger at 5.2". I have used ZenFone 2 and I loved it.

KK
Old 7th December 2016, 18:59   #25010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This is a happy news. From where do I get these updates/news? (Apart from our lovely forum)
And thanks
Keep looking at gsmarena.com
Old 7th December 2016, 19:06   #25011
BHPian

What are best options if I want to buy a budget phone with a massive battery life? The phone will be used by my driver so all other things like looks, processor, camera, etc can be compromised for. Only thing is phone should not hang.

Redmi 3s retails for 7k and has 4100 mAh battery. Are there any other options available in this price range?
Old 7th December 2016, 21:02   #25012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
What are best options if I want to buy a budget phone with a massive battery life? The phone will be used by my driver so all other things like looks, processor, camera, etc can be compromised for. Only thing is phone should not hang.

Redmi 3s retails for 7k and has 4100 mAh battery. Are there any other options available in this price range?
Redmi 3s is the best option in that price. The zenfone max is about 9k with a little larger battery, but I still prefer the Redmi performance

If you want it to be even more smooth, then look at Redmi note 3 at 10k. The faster processor ensures even less hang
Old 7th December 2016, 22:00   #25013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
... ... ... I'm not sure photos is a reason why one needs a lot of storage.
Photos is good on internal storage, because of the better response, was my point. Whether that makes more internal storage worthwhile depends on how much a person keeps.

I like to have photos from day one still on the phone, but I do a regular cleanup in which I go through and keep only the ones worth keeping. Might take six pics: two get binned as useless, four get transferred to the PC, and only one or two kept on the phone.

Others might not keep any pics on the phone once they have been moved elsewhere.

A surprising amount of space can be wasted by whatsapp. someone's pics or forwarded video can be fun to see, but I delete them afterwards.
Old 8th December 2016, 17:32   #25014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Redmi 3s is the best option in that price. The zenfone max is about 9k with a little larger battery, but I still prefer the Redmi performance
What is the overall consensus for Redmi 3S?
I am looking for a standby phone for my mother while here Moto G Turbo goes for repairs.

Will these Redmi phones get an OS upgrade? What about monthly security updates?
Old 8th December 2016, 19:25   #25015
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What is the overall consensus for Redmi 3S?
I am looking for a standby phone for my mother while here Moto G Turbo goes for repairs.

Will these Redmi phones get an OS upgrade? What about monthly security updates?
Redmi 3S is a very good overall phone, feels much more expensive than its price tag. Nice performance with good features and the AMAZING battery life.

The Android OS upgrades are not that frequent, it may get N, but not 100 percent sure but you keep getting better and newer features in their MIUI updates. Usually the features in new android versions are already available in MIUI. The security updates are really good, even a 2.5 yr old Redmi 1S is still getting security updates, so there's nothing lacking there.
Old 8th December 2016, 20:46   #25016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The security updates are really good, even a 2.5 yr old Redmi 1S is still getting security updates, so there's nothing lacking there.
Very true that my Redmi 1s is getting updates still, but some new apps will not work on older android version.
Old 8th December 2016, 21:12   #25017
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Very true that my Redmi 1s is getting updates still, but some new apps will not work on older android version.
Agree with that, but they did at least update to KitKat so its mostly supported.
The only one I have come across recently is the AndroidAuto app, but the device already heats up when using data and GPS, so I don't care much about that app at least :P
Old 8th December 2016, 23:43   #25018
BHPian

Samsung Galaxy devices-Emergency calls only

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a network problem with my newly acquired galaxy note 4. After putting my SIM card in the phone, the phone gets full signal, but says Emergency callls only. There's no mobile data connection, and calls do not go through or get received either. So basically I cannot make phone calls or use mobile internet. This is when the network mode is set to 3G/4G. Sometimes it gets signal and mobile data connections in some areas, but it is very rare. Shortly after getting connected, the phone shuts down by itself, and will refuse to come back on unless its connected to a charger.

I initially thought its a problem with my Jio 4g sim card, but it persists even after putting my Vodafone SIM in it. However, if I change the network mode to GSM only, the phone switches to 2g and works perfectly. I'm guessing some issue with the phone prevents 3g/4g from working on it.

The phone works perfectly fine on WiFi though.

A quick google search shows lots of people with the same problem, but no concrete solution. If anyone has faced a similar problem and has managed to resolve it, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Old 11th December 2016, 12:43   #25019
BHPian

Re: 4G Data only mode on Airtel/Redmi Note 3.

Are there ways to switch off 3G/2G data and use only 4G data?

I have consumed my 3G balance on Airtel(Prepaid)/Redmi Note 3. And now, I just want 4G balance to be consumed. So need to tune the device to use only 4G data OR nothing.

Please advise.
Old 11th December 2016, 13:01   #25020
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 4G Data only mode on Airtel/Redmi Note 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are there ways to switch off 3G/2G data and use only 4G data?

I have consumed my 3G balance on Airtel(Prepaid)/Redmi Note 3. And now, I just want 4G balance to be consumed. So need to tune the device to use only 4G data OR nothing.

Please advise.
Tried the "prefer LTE" setting under network settings? From the wording, I am not really sure if it will only use 4g and not fallback on 3g, but worth a try.

---------

Are there any good apps for screen sharing on Android?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks